Man Parts 241

Anyone else constantly freezing?

Shit's not even playable for me. I load up the game, go to choose a server, in the middle of me scrolling thru servers looking for my home server the game freezes up completely.

And this is why I tell people not to purchase this shit.

Back to TD2 smh...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Shit's not even playable for me. I load up the game, go to choose a server, in the middle of me scrolling thru servers looking for my home server the game freezes up completely.

And this is why I tell people not to purchase this shit.

Back to TD2 smh...

IF the game freezes on the sever list screen before you select a game to enter 

1 ) check the forums to see if it has happened to anyone else

2 ) check the cat hasn't pissed on your Xbox again

3 )  PUT IN A BUG REPORT

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Haven't had that happen to me yet. 

I logged on just to mess around, played for like 20 minutes, logged off to run to the store for wraps, came back and constant freezing at the server menu since. Shit's crazy, bro.

Just a few miliseconds of power spike/drop  could do that - freeze your game, or drop out some vital sequence so that it wont run as it should or it will soon freeze -   on pc it usually DOES mess up or freeze  Windows. The Xbox stops. The SP box does an auto reset.  Even someone just turning on a vacuum cleaner in the same house COULD be the cause, depending how well structured your mains supply is.

Here in the mountains, short undetectable power variation (undetectable by the human eye)  happens frequently - snow on a power line, etc.. A very SHORT spike or cut  can screw up the machine so that it half works/or seems to work/freezes, often without the screen ever going dark even  .. When they turn on the ski lifts in the morning, a hundred or so lightbulbs pop in the ski station hotels (lol) .  OK.. but there are many reasons for power drops and spikes in any location, of VERY SHORT duration, so that unless you had a computing device or electrician's equipment connected to your mains supply you wouldn't ever notice. The TV won't even flicker.

In my place, whenever I even SUSPECTED that the lights just flickered slightly.. just the faintest suspicion.. then I KNEW  I had to turn the bloody machine off and start up again. No point messing about because 95% of the time you ARE screwed.  Start again before you fall on your face over what the hell mess just happened to your software.

So I got an old UPS that was thrown out of a factory.. big solid bugger under the desk , but the electronics are good and batteries in it are still good enough that it can run 2 pcs, 1 gameboy and just 1 screen (but not 3) & switchover within 12 ms after it detects the start of a power variation -  this works for me, for long enough to do a controlled shutdown, so I can do that even if the power blips, or if it goes off for several seconds up to a few minutes.  (The UPS beeps to tell you what's happening, so you know it just saved your ass).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

if you're in that "kind of neighborhood"  (who really is not?)  look around for a second-hand UPS.. as long as the batteries can hold a half-decent charge and it's intended for emergency computer power backup, you can find them cheap (out of date for a medium size business or a decent server, is cool for you). Ask an electrician mate. He can probably look at your house and tell you if you plugged into a bad place, or where to find a second hand UPS that is power rated for what you want.

- just thought I'd mention this.  It aint just a DayZ thing.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

On 5/4/2019 at 5:47 AM, pilgrim* said:

Just a few miliseconds of power spike/drop  could do that - freeze your game, or drop out some vital sequence so that it wont run as it should

Their having this issue occur on the server search tab, that's a crazy coincidence if the power is causing that.

maybe make sure no other apps are open or just reinstall the game, then as a last resort clear any saved data off the game. 

7 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

Their having this issue occur on the server search tab, that's a crazy coincidence if the power is causing that.

guy said :

On 5/4/2019 at 1:45 AM, Man Parts 241 said:

logged off to run to the store for wraps, came back and constant freezing at the server menu since

so he left his box on for a while and went out.. that's a good enough reason for me to suggest investing in a UPS.  Plenty of folk do. Depends where you live, depends how you use your machines. Depends how important it is to you or your pocket or your life what you do with them. 
But I also work, as well as play on my machines. A UPS is not a solution for everyone, and if it happens the same to SEVERAL folk then your crazy house wiring might have nothing to do with the problem. Might not even be the cat urinating on your gamepad while you're out buying wraps.

As I mentioned earlier - if the game freezes BEFORE YOU EVEN LOG ON   .. and you are not the only one
why not put in a BUG REPORT ?

so far it seems to have happened to ONE person  ?? - lets see who else puts their hands up.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

9 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

End thread. I fixed it.

Maybe tell us how you fixed it, so that others can take advantage of it?

I'll gladly close the topic afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Planck said:

Maybe tell us how you fixed it, so that others can take advantage of it?

I'll gladly close the topic afterwards.

Hard reset (hold xbox button for 10 seconds) on my console did the trick.

• Like 1

Very well, then. My money was on the cat, for what it is worth.

Closing.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1