Sign in to follow this  
tandwan

Wiping all current vehicles.

So we currently used the information found on the web to reset all the vehicle spawns to have them out of the ground. I implemented this with not too much hassle but I am looking for a way to wipe ALL current vehicles from the map so they can respawn. Is this possible or so I have to completely wipe persistence to make it happen?

3 hours ago, tandwan said:

So we currently used the information found on the web to reset all the vehicle spawns to have them out of the ground. I implemented this with not too much hassle but I am looking for a way to wipe ALL current vehicles from the map so they can respawn. Is this possible or so I have to completely wipe persistence to make it happen?

I think if you set the status of the vehicles to wrecked they will despawn as soon as no one is around them

[  /disabled/ruined/ = ?? = sorry I don't know the script term for a destroyed car ] 

Edited by pilgrim*

44 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

I think if you set the status of the vehicles to wrecked they will despawn as soon as no one is around them

[  /disabled/ruined/ = ?? = sorry I don't know the script term for a destroyed car ] 

Would you happen to know what file i'm looking in for where that stuff is posted? I can't find it and i've looked for about an entire day now.

59 minutes ago, tandwan said:

Would you happen to know what file i'm looking in for where that stuff is posted? I can't find it and i've looked for about an entire day now.

sorry @tandwan I don't have an answer to that, I don't have files with me and I have also never looked at vehicles.  (I'm not a fan of vehicles.. )

However, another suggestion, that might be easier - if you give each vehicle a location on the debug plain - meaning change it's current location coordinates to some place you choose outside the play map (what the hell, put them all in the same place) - then any vehicles located there will despawn quickly - like any object left on the debug plain - and  then respawn in a random location inside the play map.

So - can you locate your current in-game vehicle coordinates

I will see if I can find where the vehicle coordinates are , or the vehicle state. Can't promise anything all I'm doing now is asking around at places like github.com
If @ImpulZ had the time I guess he could point you right to it. 

Or another Modder will pick up on this thread ??.       Seems to me a useful thing to know.

this might give you a lead:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9yujci/any_way_to_adjust_vehicle_spawn_rates_on_a/

&

https://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/1752358461528882898/

Edited by pilgrim*
~

vehicles.bin and rar are inside the data folder of storage_1 in your mission folder delete them and restart bingobango fresh cars

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Sy8282 said:

vehicles.bin and rar are inside the data folder of storage_1 in your mission folder delete them and restart bingobango fresh cars

That was it, many thanks, enjoy the beans.

21 hours ago, tandwan said:

I suggest you DISABLE spawn cars. You can  do that with events.xml-> vehicle -> Set <active>0</active> and restart server. All vehicle with that class will be removed.

2-nd don't touch bin files. That action can cause wipe of hive.

• Beans 1

21 minutes ago, Sid Debian said:

events.xml-> vehicle -> Set <active>0</active> and restart server. All vehicle with that class will be removed.

yes that  <active>0</active>  is  pointed out in the second link I gave above. ( [steamcommunity] where the server owner couldn't spawn cars because he'd set their spawn to zero )
  But @tandwan was happy with the @Sy8282 solution, so  I left it there.  xml are generally easier/safer to mess with 

Myself, (just out of my own interest) I was thinking along lines to to make vehicles go away without restarting the server at all ? 

Edited by pilgrim*

21 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

yes that  <active>0</active>  is  pointed out in the second link I gave above. ( [steamcommunity] where the server owner couldn't spawn cars because he'd set their spawn to zero )
  But @tandwan was happy with the @Sy8282 solution, so  I left it there.  xml are generally easier/safer to mess with 

Myself, (just out of my own interest) I was thinking along lines to to make vehicles go away without restarting the server at all ? 

I guess you need create a script which will fetch all vehicles array on map and set dmg. I guess there's a way to get array of vehicles.

• Like 1