Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Reinstate Forced Server Messages!

Everytime I do something administratively, despite putting out 5 countdown messages before I restart a server or do any kind of maintenance I get about 30 messages of why the server went down. I get yelled at because someone lost their car or some other complaint over a restart/etc. I got people blaming mods for server crashes when I restart/shutdown/etc my servers and there is no crash. 

It's sooo frustrating to get bombarded with complaints because of users not being able to see administrator messages. Why are devs so against admin powers? Get it through your skulls, DayZ Mod died because YOU didn't police the game and let people like Freakin' Fred (modder) sells cars for $10/each and have hit squads run the servers smashing cars. The micro-transactions killed the mod, not admin abuse.

Nobody has their server messages on because y'all turned it off by default. Devs, screw the streamers, they do NOT deserve special treatment. Turn the thing back on stock already.

8 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

The micro-transactions killed the mod, not admin abuse.

Micro-transactions started by the admins of the servers *facepalm*

You seriously need to step away from this game for a while.  Every post you make, you're frothing at the mouth

Edited by Guy Smiley

Right, and Devs are to blame for Climate Change, Poverty, Hunger, everything...

We have server restarts since how many years ? *facepalm*

Edited by gambla

8 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Everytime I do something administratively, despite putting out 5 countdown messages before I restart a server or do any kind of maintenance I get about 30 messages of why the server went down. I get yelled at because someone lost their car or some other complaint over a restart/etc. I got people blaming mods for server crashes when I restart/shutdown/etc my servers and there is no crash.

We will not force players to have their chat messages enabled. However, if server owners and modders are interested in this, we will not stop them to find a way (separate world chat or server-side forced admin messages) to enforce this.

It's sooo frustrating to get bombarded with complaints because of users not being able to see administrator messages.

Yeah, we know pretty well how difficult it is to explain server restarts and maintenances. You can guess how many messages we still get every Wednesday, even after 5 years. Recommend them to switch their server messages back on, and eventually it will work out.

DayZ Mod died because YOU didn't police the game and let people like Freakin' Fred (modder) sells cars for $10/each and have hit squads run the servers smashing cars. The micro-transactions killed the mod, not admin abuse. 

We approve certain monetisation procedures so that server owners are able to finance their server costs. Players can still decide on which server they want to play, after all. You are not forced to pay anything extra, once you bought the game. If such a server exists, it's because of modders, server admins and players agreeing, that they want to have this environment.

Nobody has their server messages on because y'all turned it off by default.

We are looking into this one, server messages should be turned on by default, with the option to switch it off.

Devs, screw the streamers, they do NOT deserve special treatment.

"Screw a certain player group" is not our way to deal with players. We care about the freedom of players to customize their experience.

8 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

*facepalm*

You seriously need to step away from this game for a while.  Every post you make, you're frothing at the mouth

Not the way to go, it's sufficient to comment only on the facts. Recommending others to take a break and trying to evaluate their behaviour is in general not helping the situation, but can be considered trolling. Please see this as a informal warning, next time we will take action.

Good to see you commenting on this @ImpulZ! While we have your attention, would it be possible to enable client-side customisation of the size and font of server and chat message text?

Also I would very very VERY much appreciate if the Hide HUD toggle would not also hide interaction messages! That makes it impractical or even impossible to perform certain actions with HUD disabled, since you cannot see the prompts for crafting, building, combining or any other action. I like to play the game without HUD, since I want my screen clean, but ever since beta that hasn't really been possible. 

So, pretty please with a cherry on top - make hiding interaction prompts a separate toggle from the HUD toggle!

2 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Good to see you commenting on this @ImpulZ! While we have your attention, would it be possible to enable client-side customisation of the size and font of server and chat message text?

Also I would very very VERY much appreciate if the Hide HUD toggle would not also hide interaction messages! That makes it impractical or even impossible to perform certain actions with HUD disabled, since you cannot see the prompts for crafting, building, combining or any other action. I like to play the game without HUD, since I want my screen clean, but ever since beta that hasn't really been possible. 

So, pretty please with a cherry on top - make hiding interaction prompts a separate toggle from the HUD toggle!

In the future, please open a separate topic for new suggestions, so that we can keep the discussion on point.

You are talking about player action prompts, which other players have asked us to remove earlier (for example repetitive prompts such as "open door"). We know that there's always going to be some grey area in terms of how much HUD a player wants to see in the game, so we will probably try to advance the HUD custimisation in the options. However, this is not a priority at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

In the future, please open a separate topic for new suggestions, so that we can keep the discussion on point.

You are talking about player action prompts, which other players have asked us to remove earlier (for example repetitive prompts such as "open door"). We know that there's always going to be some grey area in terms of how much HUD a player wants to see in the game, so we will probably try to advance the HUD custimisation in the options. However, this is not a priority at this point.

Fair enough, thanks!

7 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

We will not force players to have their chat messages enabled. However, if server owners and modders are interested in this, we will not stop them to find a way (separate world chat or server-side forced admin messages) to enforce this.

Yeah, we know pretty well how difficult it is to explain server restarts and maintenances. You can guess how many messages we still get every Wednesday, even after 5 years. Recommend them to switch their server messages back on, and eventually it will work out.

We approve certain monetisation procedures so that server owners are able to finance their server costs. Players can still decide on which server they want to play, after all. You are not forced to pay anything extra, once you bought the game. If such a server exists, it's because of modders, server admins and players agreeing, that they want to have this environment.

We are looking into this one, server messages should be turned on by default, with the option to switch it off.

"Screw a certain player group" is not our way to deal with players. We care about the freedom of players to customize their experience.

Not the way to go, it's sufficient to comment only on the facts. Recommending others to take a break and trying to evaluate their behaviour is in general not helping the situation, but can be considered trolling. Please see this as a informal warning, next time we will take action.

1. Why not, y'all had it that way before?

2. Y'all are getting paid, we're not...well, I'm not. Without communtity servers your IP is dead and thats a fact. I can't get a message to players that are not directly in my community without kicking them from the server or spawning in and teleporting to them. Even the ones in my community; because of the encrypted ID, it's a pain in the ass to find out who they are. Unecessary hoops to jump through here boss. What am I to do...spawn in game on the player and tell them to turn it on? What about players from France, Brazil, China that don't speak English...how do I tell them that? It's impossible and your comparison isn't the same.

3. You said "We approve certain monetisation procedures so that server owners are able to finance their server costs. Players can still decide on which server they want to play, after all. You are not forced to pay anything extra, once you bought the game. If such a server exists, it's because of modders, server admins and players agreeing, that they want to have this environment."

I don't know what that has to do with DayZ' modus operandi of hobbling admin powers based on erroneous assumptions about what killed the mod. Hicks used to complain about admins abusing power in the mod and often said that was why certain things are the way they are or would be in the future.

4. We are looking into this one, server messages should be turned on by default, with the option to switch it off.

Edz8lvJ.png

Thats my twitter conversation with Eugen 6 months ago. Why is something so simple taking so long? It feels like this has been pushed to the side. It's obviously not a priority. If it is a priority, we deserve an explanation, anything as to why it's not in yet will do...we can handle it. Thank you.

5. "Screw a certain player group" is not our way to deal with players. We care about the freedom of players to customize their experience.

Maybe saying screw them was the wrong choice of words. I'm obviously frustrated. My concern is favortism and streamers have gotten preferential treatment and this preferential treatment is making administration for communities harder than it has to be...it's not right.

Thank you for the detailed response.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)