Guy Smiley

Server Configuration File

Hey guys, I've noticed that my server file for my Vilayer server has a few different/missing parameter compared to the dedicated DayZ server.  

For example:  This is my server time setting on my Vilayer 

serverTime="SystemTime";         // Server Start Time         // Initial ingame time of server. "SystemTime" means local time of machine. Another possibility is to set the time to some value in "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format, f.e. "2015/4/8/17/23" .
serverTimeAcceleration=6;         // Accelerated Time (value 0-24)        // This is a time multiplier for in-game time. In this case time would move 24 times faster than normal, an entire day would pass in one hour.
serverTimePersistent=0;         // Persistent Time (value 0-1)        // Actual server time is saved to storage, so when active, next server start will use saved time value.

That's what I'm use to seeing and what I remember

This is from the dedicated server tool

serverTime="SystemTime";    // Initial in-game time of the server. "SystemTime" means the local time of the machine. Another possibility is to set the time to some value in "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format, f.e. "2015/4/8/17/23" .
serverTimeAcceleration=6;  // Accelerated Time (value 0-24)// This is a time multiplier for in-game time. In this case, the time would move 24 times faster than normal, so an entire day would pass in one hour.
serverNightTimeAcceleration=1;  // Accelerated Nigh Time - The numerical value being a multiplier (0.1-64) and also multiplied by serverTimeAcceleration value. Thus, in case it is set to 4 and serverTimeAcceleration is set to 2, night time would move 8 times faster than normal. An entire night would pass in 3 hours.
serverTimePersistent=1;     // Persistent Time (value 0-1)// The actual server time is saved to storage, so when active, the next server start will use the saved time value.

The difference is the serverNightTimeAcceleration.  When did this come in and if I added it to my Vilayer config file, would it work or is that a server host specific file configuration?

5 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Accelerated Nigh Time - The numerical value being a multiplier (0.1-64)
and also multiplied by serverTimeAcceleration value.
Accelerated Time (value 0-24)       

So this claims you can accelerate Night by 64 x 24 = 1536
Gives you a night of under a minute (56 seconds?)
Should be easy to check, putting in the max values for both .. your night will either be almost half an hour, if <Accelerated Nigh Time> is not accepted, or 1 min if it is.
?

Edited by pilgrim*

Yes it works,

The night time acceleration gives you approximately 22 minutes of night.

I calculated it out as below

x1    24hrs
x2    12hrs
x4    6hrs
x8    3hrs
x16    1hr 30 mins
x32    45mins
x64    22.5mins

On 3/2/2019 at 6:45 AM, SmashT said:

No idea why Vilayer wouldn't have it in their config, it should work though.

Because they're Vilayer.....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DrZeddy said:

Yes it works,

The night time acceleration gives you approximately 22 minutes of night.

I calculated it out as below

x1    24hrs
x2    12hrs
x4    6hrs
x8    3hrs
x16    1hr 30 mins
x32    45mins
x64    22.5mins

Accelerated Nigh Time - The numerical value being a multiplier (0.1-64) and ALS0 multiplied by serverTimeAcceleration (0-24)  value. Thus, in case it is set to 4 and serverTimeAcceleration is set to 2, night time would move 8 times faster than normal.

So with Accelerated Nigh Time= 64 then night time in game = 22.5 mins - but only if server Time acceleration is set to 1 (set to 0 means the game stays the same time forever?)
serverTime Acceleration can be 0-24 - this gives you a shortest night of 21 seconds every hour  (and a game day would last 1 hour).

Edited by pilgrim*

On 9/7/2019 at 6:31 PM, MetalHead2112 said:

What's the setting to turn off that damn blue light effect at night ?

disablePersonalLight = true;     // disable the personal nightlight

• Thanks 1