Sign in to follow this  
MuchTheeSuchWow

The devs are bandits survival >>> guns

Last night was the first night since dayz released on xbox that I played a different game. Feels sad man. Ive invested so many hours. I just can't be bothered. A majority of the time is spents smashing the suicide emote trying to get a character that can grow a beard. The fps is getting worse each update. Try taking out truck parts, bones, hide, night vision scope and every other item that is useless atm. Ive felt like dayz is becoming a long drawn out battle royale where everyone is camping. Its supposed to be survival. My only option is kill killl killl or sit around eating deer steaks. I cant fish or tan hides, we have a slot in inventory for bow but no bow shotgun is more important i guess. I mean honestly take out the option to dig worms we cant fish anyways. Im sorry for venting ive stuck by this game since its release got many friends to purchase it hyping it up to them. I just cant wrap my head around why the devs are adding in shotguns/night vision/landmines before they correct the survival aspect or even the controller layout. Frustrated.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MuchTheeSuchWow said:

Last night was the first night since dayz released on xbox that I played a different game. Feels sad man. Ive invested so many hours. I just can't be bothered. A majority of the time is spents smashing the suicide emote trying to get a character that can grow a beard. The fps is getting worse each update. Try taking out truck parts, bones, hide, night vision scope and every other item that is useless atm. Ive felt like dayz is becoming a long drawn out battle royale where everyone is camping. Its supposed to be survival. My only option is kill killl killl or sit around eating deer steaks. I cant fish or tan hides, we have a slot in inventory for bow but no bow shotgun is more important i guess. I mean honestly take out the option to dig worms we cant fish anyways. Im sorry for venting ive stuck by this game since its release got many friends to purchase it hyping it up to them. I just cant wrap my head around why the devs are adding in shotguns/night vision/landmines before they correct the survival aspect or even the controller layout. Frustrated.

I've been around awhile, the survival elements used to be brutal (fun for me) in certain builds over the years. My theory is they peaked taking money from the survival game guys and now they're trying to pull players from pubg and fortnight and get their money now so pew-pew>survival. The little bit I've participated in the console discussions proves that if a game isn't about "moar gunz" and "wrecking" other players your average console mongoloid can't stay engaged. 

My $0.02.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

I bought the game in December, had a blast learning the basics.  Surviving was hard, it gets easier to the point where surviving isn't hard.  Last night I had an experience for the first time i had to be careful around zombies (to many to knife), it brought back the fun factor.

The way I keep it fun is coming up with missions such as:

-  Make it to a specific objective

- Find a specific item 

-  Seek out PVP  

The best part is engaging other players meeting new people, going through trust issues.  This only happens at the coast, people spend 99% of their time there.  How does dayz force people inland, maybe less food on the coast?  

What do you do with your time in cherno?

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Seen it All said:

*snip*

Surviving was hard, it gets easier to the point where surviving isn't hard. 

*snip*

Wait until temperature and disease comes back, there was builds where you'd get more excited about finding a raincoat or matches than and M4 and mags and spend two hours getting to the brink of death from food poisoning and have to lay low for another hour while you blood came back up. I'm a mostly off the grid player and have more deaths due to elements and disease than players and infected combined in my 2000+ hours from the "good ole days". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seen it All said:

I bought the game in December, had a blast learning the basics.  Surviving was hard, it gets easier to the point where surviving isn't hard.  Last night I had an experience for the first time i had to be careful around zombies (to many to knife), it brought back the fun factor.

The way I keep it fun is coming up with missions such as:

-  Make it to a specific objective

- Find a specific item 

-  Seek out PVP  

The best part is engaging other players meeting new people, going through trust issues.  This only happens at the coast, people spend 99% of their time there.  How does dayz force people inland, maybe less food on the coast?  

What do you do with your time in cherno?

I do exactly the same choose a destination like Zelenogorsk, and head there from coast. Trust bro I have had some amazing experience/adventures and met some friends for life. I love the game just hate the direction its heading. I would like the basic survival aspects to be added/added back. I wish they'd stop putting weapon updates before the basics of survival just because the majority of people in forums cry over It. The people in forums are mainly bandits who want to be able to choose their spawn because the survivors/hunters are to busy enjoying the game to be assed to comment on forums. Now that Im noticing a big uproar from like minded survivors in game I urge them to post on here. We must rid Dayz of the bandits dev or not.

18 hours ago, MuchTheeSuchWow said:

Word. I'm a day one player and played nothing than dayz since until now. 10minutes after the last "update" was enough. Guess I'll be back after a month when they're bringing the next update, hope it's not too late I can see a pattern here.

5 hours ago, nikoor said:

Word. I'm a day one player and played nothing than dayz since until now. 10minutes after the last "update" was enough. Guess I'll be back after a month when they're bringing the next update, hope it's not too late I can see a pattern here.

Facts. Im not even hype for the next update seems like its gonna be all about pvp not pve. Did you see the xbox livestream? The devs didnt even know how to put steaks on a stick they thought it was broken. Like what? That was a huge last straw for me.

11 minutes ago, MuchTheeSuchWow said:

Facts. Im not even hype for the next update seems like its gonna be all about pvp not pve. Did you see the xbox livestream? The devs didnt even know how to put steaks on a stick they thought it was broken. Like what? That was a huge last straw for me.

tbh it was embarrasing. next time answer the questions instead of trying to learn the game ok? yet he plays more on xbox than pc? propably he's first time on console. enough of that. anyway, I can only hope they focus on the right stuff for the next month, which they should know by now. if not, shame. the playerbase's going to decrease even more... until then I'll try to enjoy other games.

19 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Wait until temperature and disease comes back, there was builds where you'd get more excited about finding a raincoat or matches than and M4 and mags and spend two hours getting to the brink of death from food poisoning and have to lay low for another hour while you blood came back up. I'm a mostly off the grid player and have more deaths due to elements and disease than players and infected combined in my 2000+ hours from the "good ole days". 

This is what I thought I was buying!!!   The game gets boring quick without hardcore survival.

I'm playing the PC EXP version right now and we have a taste of disease again, of course it's broken as usual. Taking antibiotics to cure a disease (icon no symptoms) stunts your blood regen until you take an actual injury.

That stream was unbearable to watch at times. It also proves how out of touch they are and how little they care about Xbox. How don't you know how to put steak on a stick in your own game?!

Inb4 that was the PC team playing. They should've had their "Xbox team" playing don't y'all think.

Pfft...

41 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

That stream was unbearable to watch at times. It also proves how out of touch they are and how little they care about Xbox. How don't you know how to put steak on a stick in your own game?!

Inb4 that was the PC team playing. They should've had their "Xbox team" playing don't y'all think.

Pfft...

It was absolutely pathetic. Was a last straw for me as well... It's easy to see how so many obvious issues go unnoticed now. Someone should really slap that guy upside the head with a steak...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this