I was thinking about this as well. Now I think it would be a awesome feature to add skills to the game. Kinda like Elder Scrolls Oblivion. So say the more you run or sprint will make your character level up its stamina. Or same with cooking, shooting, repairs for your cars, guns, clothing ect.... And have books as loot for your skills to help level up whatever skill you know. Example, so say you find a cooking book an read it you character would be able to cook faster or something. Or find a recipe book to learn how to combine certain foods to make a certain type of food like meat stew or something you know. Now say you die, you will have to start all over as a new fresh spawn an no skills, also dont put in a skill tree or a level up feature just have it to where the character just does it and as the player you can start to just feel the difference of each level up an feel your character being a survivor.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

Agreed, I like the stamina suggestion, right now the soft skills are a wee bit pointless right now, unless someone outthere has grinded to max skill and can repair clothes in a second flat.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr squizzer said:

But what if I can’t read Russian or any other Eastern Europe language.

Lol you know what i mean Lol smart ass

• Haha 1

You're talking about soft-skills and the devs already said it will be added... eventually.

The idea is to have your stamina bar tied to how long you have been alive. The longer you survive the longer your bar gets. Another example is continuously chopping of trees decreases how long it takes to chop trees. Etc.

Youtuber M1ND1R has the video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 2/12/2019 at 1:18 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

You're talking about soft-skills and the devs already said it will be added... eventually.

The idea is to have your stamina bar tied to how long you have been alive. The longer you survive the longer your bar gets. Another example is continuously chopping of trees decreases how long it takes to chop trees. Etc.

Youtuber M1ND1R has the video.

I really like this idea. Kind of reminds me of the skill system from Oblivion. It would work great for DayZ. 

That type of system may also make people even more less likely to just kos, as leveling skills and staying alive would be far more advantageous than recklessly shooting at the first person one sees.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1