xKJCxDaRkMaN

Directional chat PLEASE!!!

Can we please for the love of the game get directional proxy chat. If Sea of Thieves can do it i have faith you guys can too. Also any word to be able to get the people in a party chat to talk to people in game with out leaving the party? That would be amazing and life saving just saying. If you guys can do it on the PC i have faith in you guys to be able to do it for the consoles.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

15 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Can we please for the love of the game get directional proxy chat. If Sea of Thieves can do it i have faith you guys can too. Also any word to be able to get the people in a party chat to talk to people in game with out leaving the party? That would be amazing and life saving just saying. If you guys can do it on the PC i have faith in you guys to be able to do it for the consoles.

Trouble is the party chat privacy is controlled by Xbox, so BI wouldn’t be able to set something like that up without working with Microsoft.

Usually, if I’m in a party and spot another player close by I’ll quickly switch to game chat. It’s a tad risky, as it takes about 5 seconds, so hopefully you can find some nearby cover if they haven’t seen you.

• Like 1

Remember in the the old Call of Duty days, if you played Search and Destroy it wouldnt let you in to the game without exiting you party. I would love to see it see here. I think thats one of the biggest parts why people KOS. It's safer to shoot then take the time to jump out of a party to chat.

Alternatively, I would love to see the next update to put broken legs in. They way if there is contact, maybe there is a chance to incapacitate an enemy, disarm them and start the conversation after both parties are not going to KOS.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, Nayte said:

Trouble is the party chat privacy is controlled by Xbox, so BI wouldn’t be able to set something like that up without working with Microsoft.

Usually, if I’m in a party and spot another player close by I’ll quickly switch to game chat. It’s a tad risky, as it takes about 5 seconds, so hopefully you can find some nearby cover if they haven’t seen you.

I have made a xbox idea to add this into games like dayz and ark since their is a push to talk button so if you go to this link and vote for it are chances of them seeing the proposal are higher https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/forums/911263-idea-drive-suggestion-box/suggestions/34740604-idea-drive-for-xbox-party-chat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiga6 said:

I have made a xbox idea to add this into games like dayz and ark since their is a push to talk button so if you go to this link and vote for it are chances of them seeing the proposal are higher https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/forums/911263-idea-drive-suggestion-box/suggestions/34740604-idea-drive-for-xbox-party-chat

I would've but they wont let me if I don't accept their terms.

“it wouldnt let you in to the game without exiting you party.”

I seriously was thinking about this exact same thing - the game needs to have the ability to force players out of party chat and not be able to allow players to join servers (it would be sweet if parties/party chat could somehow be totally disabled even while in game after connected to a server), you could do parties/PC while in the server lobby so you could say “okay we’re gonna go to server XXXX” but once you’re connected the party gets disabled.

Also, directional, distance based VOIP would be amazing - the further players are away the quieter they would be even talking at full volume, and somehow make it so if people are inside buildings/on other sides of walls or doors/different floors a muffled filter would be applied so it would be like you could hear voices but not understand what they’re saying - this would make whispering a viable tool.

Id like to also see the VOIP toggle locked to ON all the time so that if you wanted to remain quiet you’d actually have to be quiet in real life, and any sounds you actually make would actually be heard in game - just another way of immersion. Even things like breathing too loud would get you found.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

23 hours ago, wh1skey_ said:

Also, directional, distance based VOIP would be amazing - the further players are away the quieter they would be even talking at full volume, and somehow make it so if people are inside buildings/on other sides of walls or doors/different floors a muffled filter would be applied so it would be like you could hear voices but not understand what they’re saying - this would make whispering a viable tool.

Thats how it is for PC

Didnt they tried something like that for DayZ, i mean the party and voip chat ? It was intended atleast.

They def have to solve that issue and directional,distanced based voip would be nuts. Yelling at ppl :D

Edited by xhardcorefishx
  • Like 1