Sign in to follow this  
kevo1414

How do you approach other players? Here are my 15 tips.

What's your tip?

How do you approach people? Do you have any good tip to share? Any good experiance? What works and what not works for you? Let me know, I would really like to talk more about this, this is probably the most important skill to have in Dayz. Use your words, instead of bullets. When you do this, you win the game :)

Edited by kevo1414
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, kevo1414 said:

Here are my 15 tips

Yo! - your Reddit link is to:  <<16 tips on how to approach other players >>  - which tip don't you like?

I like Tip #9 - "ask open ended questions"

- Tell me about your relationship with your supervisor.
- How do you see your future?
- Tell me about the children in this photograph.
- What is the purpose of government?

I'm def going to use that "What is the purpose of government ?"  question on the next player I meet.. That should mess up their reaction time for just long enough to give me an edge.

thanx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Make sure you see them first, by constantly doing visual scans or your surroundings and listening for movement or other survivor actions. Once you spot them, ensure you are hidden from view. Take out your fully loaded AKM with a scope and focus on the enemy target. Brutally murder them as they stop to check their backpack. Then walk up to the dead survivor and take all of his valuable gear.

This is the best method for approaching other players. It ensures you remain safe and you get bonus gear at little risk. It is also pleasurable to watch them die.

We keep on surviving!

This is a great list of advice that goes beyond gaming.  Fundamental knowledge for going into sales and/or politics.  Good thread.

My favorite loadout has always been ak74u and now the UMP/MP5k because you can conceal them in your backpack AND they can use scopes+silencers.  If you look like a bambi and can approach people and be entertaining, it goes a long way.  Making silly 'dad jokes' great again!!

Be callous to death and you will die a lot less!

• Like 1
  • Beans 1