RGN Jaeger

Looting system

Might get lynched for this, not sure. I think they should change the looting system to something along the lines of PUBGs, so you could move whilst looting with LS and select things with RS. I personally think this would do wonders, but I may be in the minority. 

• Confused 1

For the past 5 years we could move while in the inventory, but it was recently change with the new animation system. I liked having access to it while moving, but it was too "arcade" style, while DayZ was aiming for a more authentic experience, so I understand the switch, and I've learned to really appreciate it.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

47 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

For the past 5 years we could move while in the inventory, but it was recently change with the new animation system. I liked having access to it while moving, but it was too "arcade" style, while DayZ was aiming for a more authentic experience, so I understand the switch, and I've learned to really appreciate it.

Yeah, i agree, I think it would be strange to run along whilst organising the contents of your backpack

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

There are mods on pc to do this. I doubt it will be changed by bohemia though.

5 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Agree - sorting your backpack can be about as risky as making a fire.. depends where you do it.
Also, damage distributed to items in your backpack items depends on where they are located in the pack, so it is worth spending some time and thought, and worth doing it as alertly as any other gameplay action. 

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Also, damage distributed to items in your backpack items depends on where they are located in the pack

really? shame you can't organize anything on xbox it's just a big mess inside your clothing

You can place items anywhere you want in your inventory. Just hold A and place it where you want it. 

The loot system is fine though. Honestly though i wish food, guns and ammo were a touch more scarce. I find guns, ammo and food everywhere so theres really no struggle or challenge to survive.

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You can place items anywhere you want in your inventory. Just hold A and place it where you want it. 

I think we all know that. He was referring to change their place inside of an item ie. a backpack

Been hoping from day one you could organize mags in a row and not having other stuff between them (perfectionist here). Also locking of an item should be introduced, hate when you pick up something and it fills your clothing (where you have ur mags) to the fulllest so you can't reload anymore... allways need to check that after pickin up something. Or the items that are in quickwheel gets thrown randomly inside of your clothes messing everything up.

Edited by nikoor
  • Beans 1

11 minutes ago, nikoor said:

I think we all know that. He was referring to change their place inside of an item ie. a backpack

Been hoping from day one you could organize mags in a row and not having other stuff between them (perfectionist here). Also locking of an item should be introduced, hate when you pick up something and it fills your clothing (where you have ur mags) to the fulllest so you can't reload anymore... allways need to check that after pickin up something. Or the items that are in quickwheel gets thrown randomly inside of your clothes messing everything up.

Its weird how you can move an item from top to bottom (like from shirt to backpack)  but not bottom to top. It does however make sense that you need to put an item to your hands before you can move it somewhere else. I do think that being able to change the order of items around would be cool. Also, the way the pc loot system is with the boxes and they can move stuff wherever they want, they can organize loot in a way so that it is less likely to get damaged if they get shot. the bullet damages everything in its path including the items it hits in your inventory. we cant do this on xbox though.