Freedomby Anarchy

I have a dream.

I dream of a place where freshies can go to get a leg up in a tough world.  A place to get a drink and a bandage while looking at a friendly face.  A fantasy land where two wanderers could meet in peace and swap stories or precious gear.  A place where a builders work will be appreciated and protected. Somewhere a driver can pull over park  refuel/maintain then pick up a fare in safety. A place where guns stay on the shoulder and the fires are always lit.

I'm dreaming of a community that works together to make a better apocalypse.  I'd be interested in working together with a group of people to carve out such a sliver of paradise.  It won't be simple or easy to face the trials of trolls, bandits and devs.  There is interestingly no reason nor reward.... Or any system in place at all to try to bring people together peacefully so the challenges will be severe.  

Who among you will answer the call to cut out a piece of a specific server to plant our flag then stand to defend it in an act of community not likely ever seen on console?

I am joking of course. The poor fools that tried to organize something like this would be literally shaving years off of their lives due to stress from mountains of drama. 

First time poster here.  Love this game despite its flaws. I can't put it down.  Add g.t. sPeaRr for a friendly player that won't shoot you in the back.... On purpose.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Berezino used to be like that..  I got on real well with a zombie girl up there .. we used to hang out on the roof of her apartment block if her dad wasn't around.. ya know.. then I guess the place started getting built up .. more folk moved up North.. last I heard, she married an arms dealer on the main street..   so .. times change I guess..  pass me that Kvass,  dude..   best of Christmas to ya & many of them !

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

It would be good to have like a social "no fire" zone on the map.

I'm hoping to rent a couple, have one as loot/home base/RP server and then have a war/skirmish server.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, Freedomby Anarchy said:

I dream of a place where freshies can go to get a leg up in a tough world.  A place to get a drink and a bandage while looking at a friendly face.  A fantasy land where two wanderers could meet in peace and swap stories or precious gear.  A place where a builders work will be appreciated and protected. Somewhere a driver can pull over park  refuel/maintain then pick up a fare in safety. A place where guns stay on the shoulder and the fires are always lit.

I'm dreaming of a community that works together to make a better apocalypse.  I'd be interested in working together with a group of people to carve out such a sliver of paradise.  It won't be simple or easy to face the trials of trolls, bandits and devs.  There is interestingly no reason nor reward.... Or any system in place at all to try to bring people together peacefully so the challenges will be severe.  

Who among you will answer the call to cut out a piece of a specific server to plant our flag then stand to defend it in an act of community not likely ever seen on console?

I am joking of course. The poor fools that tried to organize something like this would be literally shaving years off of their lives due to stress from mountains of drama. 

First time poster here.  Love this game despite its flaws. I can't put it down.  Add g.t. sPeaRr for a friendly player that won't shoot you in the back.... On purpose.

Hahaha made me lol!

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, Turdstick said:

I'm hoping to rent a couple, have one as loot/home base/RP server and then have a war/skirmish server.

There was, or still is a PC mod where "safe zones" exist or existed for trading and meeting new people. Seems like a good idea for players that want that type of gameplay and as much as I am a fan of safe zones and that idea, it also takes some of the immersion away maybe? I think there's room for vanilla and RP servers for sure. I love meeting new people to share some Dayz shenanigans with as much as the next guy, but the stranger danger and nothing is safe aspect of Dayz brings a realism to me that no other game has right now. Some of the best interactions I've had were completely random and may not have happened if it wasn't such a random encounter. I think just like a real apocalypse type scenario, if players were looking to have a safe zone, it should be a player controlled type of thing. Like there's nothing stopping a crew of organized skilled players to take over a certain area and make it a temporary "safe zone". A friend of mine even had a one stop shop open a few times and he said it was actually quite successful. Now that we have HC servers, maybe they will bring more types in the future. I seem to remember a server or mod that existed on PC where as, the playable 'zone' if you will, became a smaller circle every 10 minutes, and anything outside the zone got bombed or died, which pushed people closer and closer until there was only 1 survivor left.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-22 at 10:33 PM, Turdstick said:

Best idea ever.

Would be nice to go somewhere to trade and exchange gear, loot, tips and stories.

• Like 1

You had me going there..

In all seriousness, I would actually be up for something like that. 

• Like 1