marcheur

1.0 ? Dont expect anything until coders say so...

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 1:10 PM, pilgrim* said:

ROFL
that will sure strike TERROR & FEAR into the heart of every programmer who EVER sat at a keyboard..  Sure scared the sheet out of me!..  Well I'm sawing my rig to pieces and burying it in the garden right now. 

You caught something I don't think many people including myself did.  What does "..//..   I hope message is received." mean to you?

• Beans 1

On 16/12/2018 at 4:04 PM, pilgrim* said:

"Shit like this should not happen" But it does.
Jeez - have you seen this planet? sometimes there are even air disasters, climate change, people die of food poisoning, and folk shoot each other.. wow, that shit shouldn't happen!

Hahahahahahahahaha.

I have no idea why you stopped so short of saying "what do you want, this game is shit just like the shit I took this morning".

Seriously though, the server browser and the zeds (at the very least) work considerably worse than in mid 2014, when I joined  (I think it was some .44 or .45 version). I heard the call to "invite your friends to give it a try" and I'm afraid I need to politely say no. This 1.0 feels like something you would hastily throw together to launch a Kickstarter campaign. Stay classy, BI!

3 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

this game is shit just like the shit I took this morning

I'm sorry you took shit this morning, Kirov. Perhaps you should change your job or your lifestyle?
Meanwhile - exactly when between mid 2014 - DayZ versions 0.44 -0.44  and the dec 2018 current versions, do you think DayZ STARTED going off the rails ? 

4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I'm sorry you took shit this morning, Kirov. Perhaps you should change your job or your lifestyle?
Meanwhile - exactly when between mid 2014 - DayZ versions 0.44 -0.44  and the dec 2018 current versions, do you think DayZ STARTED going off the rails ? 

Stop white knighting, fanboi

@colinm9991

Nice join date....

@Jacques d'Orleans

Calling someone a "fanboi" (and only your second post...)? Not warranted.

I've been called a fanboi countless times, and it's always by people who haven't read enough of what I've written to judge.

Read below for another fanbois opinion.

Anywho, 1.0 was an obvious cash grab.

Fortnite peaked, holiday season, 5 year mark, cash grab. Tons of food, guns, and ammo. Little environmental impacts, or biohazards in effect. Increased stamina. Basically PvP builds for the free weekend/release.

I keep going around saying I think Enfusion is broken. I suspect the 7 month drought without patches we experienced was due to having to rework code in the engine that interns (or someone) fucked up. I think Enfusion is broken from the planning stages to right now. (***This is a theory based on my completely unfounded suspicions and should not be considered fact in any way.)

Vaulting, throwing, infected AI, and persistence, should have been in the highest priority.

I asked why vaulting and throwing were not prioritized, was told by @ImpulZ that he would look into that, and never was given an answer. I was even surprised my question was addressed at all. I had posed like 20 questions in the same thread that did not garner a response.

Those of us who have been here for 6+ years more or less expect piece meal social engagement and lack of transparency from the devs.

They want to present the guise of a small indie company but rarely seem to act the part IMO. Granted they were early access pioneers of a sort but successive small companies have launched many projects that included the player base in the process more intimately since.

So I'm still where I was a year ago, waiting. Except this time the forum is overrun by Xboners and fair weather participants, mostly sort of flailing about. All sound and fury, signifying nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

@colinm9991

Those of us who have been here for 6+ years more or less expect piece meal social engagement and lack of transparency from the devs.

They want to present the guise of a small indie company but rarely seem to act the part IMO. Granted they were early access pioneers of a sort but successive small companies have launched many projects that included the player base in the process more intimately since.

For some reason I can't remove your tag of me in this quote, but anyway.

The primary side of Bohemia, which has worked on Arma, has much better communication and interaction with their community, from forum admins to developers like dwarden who are well known, respected and engaged with and by the community. The Bohemia Simulations staff have also maintained good communication with the Arma community even after they went acquired by private equity in 2013.

In my time here, since 2012, I have yet to receive an answer for any genuine question regarding plans for the game beyond purely cosmetics. That's 6 years of silence from a development team who DO have customer interaction on social media and the likes.

No reason for that silence, no explanations, no answers to questions, so like you said - I'll be here expecting piece meal social engagement though I won't be relying on it, piece meals should usually keep your metabolism ticking - not leave you get in a caloric deficit while you want to be fed more.

sillence? Twitter? SR's, announcements, live streams, dev interaction here, reddit etc etc et?

So much info has been pumped out there.

Silence?

Nonsense.

• Beans 1

^
there it is

- You don't get interviews with the Boss telling you how great he is and how his company has gone from strength to strength.
- You don't get thousands spent on gloss PR, and you get no flash teasers, and no CGI action blurbs that don't even attempt to look like anything in the game.

Folk probably think that's how things SHOULD be because that's what they're habituated to.

BUT, here, if you listen you get a sense of the people working on the game and you hear their own voices, and their own opinions, not what was handed down to them and they were told to say. Frankly I think they're OK and sincere, and I hope their effort continues, & gains success.

They are programmers, not executives, they don't make the management decisions. You notice they don't badmouth their company and they're not big-headed about it either, they talk like human beings.  They are polite, restrained, often enthusiastic, and say what is going good, and what is not going well. It's pretty much like a face to face conversation with ordinary people. I'd buy any of them a drink and chat in a bar, that's better than swallowing any organized public relations glitter-spectacular = IMO = 

Most companies (of any kind) don't do that, don't have that structure, don't aim for it or even let their "mere employees" talk about what they do.

That seems OK to me - BI is obviously going through serious stuff right now,  ..  not for the first time.  And looking around and listening you can tell what it is. I hope it comes out good for me, AND for THEM.. and for Xbox owners too. That would be cool.

I'd think the same if BI was a friend of mine somewhere down the road.. sometimes we don't see each other, sometimes it seems like they messed up, sometimes I get good news, or we disagree.. but they are still a friend.. I don't think I've ever been a "fanboi" of any of my friends, ya know? - I don't think that way. But, I like to see them getting to where they want to be.

BI is really a one-off company.. there isn't another games designer that is "like" BI. So you have to follow their language, they don't speak Disney-language much.  You can hear what they say, easily enough, but don't expect some guy dressed like Micky Mouse to say it.

• Like 1

The joke of last update : all my players logs in, dying of thirst, bleeding to death. Is Bohemia Interactive serious ?!