Ryan JG

Zombie Problems

So a came up against a crazy glitch last night where I started fighting a zombie by punching it and all of a sudden zombies started rushing me like I had shot an unsilenced rifle, Every punch attracted more and I eventually had to pull out the silence and start shooting... that also attracted more!

I've notice the zombies have been more docile this patch but punching one zombie shouldn't bring on a horde.

• Thanks 1

Ah, so they’re evolving to the point of releasing pheromones upon an attack, much like a swarm of bees..

We should be worried.

• Haha 2

I've had zombies spawn ontop of me too, in towns and even inside rooms in military barracks. I'd kill one then go in my inventory only to start getting hit by two more in a closed room. Not even clipping through walls just straight up spawnin ontop of me.

It doesn't help that because the sounds so broken at the moment that even though zombies are aggro'ing on you , you can't hear them running up on you at all, you turn around and there's a horde charging you lol. And don't even get me started on the bright white low res floating torso zombies that are only partially rendered in 

• Like 1

To be honest I like the randomness about it that there can be a horde upon you in seconds. I just wish this was programmed and not a bug.

I had 7 Z's walk through a close door yesterday.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ryan JG said:

So a came up against a crazy glitch last night where I started fighting a zombie by punching it and all of a sudden zombies started rushing me like I had shot an unsilenced rifle, Every punch attracted more and I eventually had to pull out the silence and start shooting... that also attracted more!

I've notice the zombies have been more docile this patch but punching one zombie shouldn't bring on a horde.

When a zombie notices you it alerts every other zombie around them with it's scream. Technically it was a glitch before this patch as do you really think a zombie screaming when he sees you wouldn't attract other zombies? But yeah it was the zombie screaming that attracted more not you hitting it, as I've done some testing myself. :P

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dopplerman said:

When a zombie notices you it alerts every other zombie around them with it's scream. Technically it was a glitch before this patch as do you really think a zombie screaming when he sees you wouldn't attract other zombies? But yeah it was the zombie screaming that attracted more not you hitting it, as I've done some testing myself. :P

Yep I like the screaming alerting more zombies, but it's be nice if I could hear the zombies scream, or even see them before there beating the sh*t out of me. For me they tend to render in about two metres away, gotta love that original xbox one lol. Also the classic zombie seeing me through a house whilst I'm crouch walking  ;'D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yep I like the screaming alerting more zombies, but it's be nice if I could hear the zombies scream, or even see them before there beating the sh*t out of me. For me they tend to render in about two metres away, gotta love that original xbox one lol. Also the classic zombie seeing me through a house whilst I'm crouch walking  ;'D

Yes, I agree. The zombies are very buggy right now and I feel your pain as I also have an original xbox one...

• Like 1

Zombies are way more of a problem now.

But when they have heard the wolves they go into over drive.

Way more sketchy than previous builds.

• Like 1

I was driving along an NO shit it was raining infected, they were dropping out the sky and floating up through the floor, real matrix on acid shit!

Was so funny, they came near my car an shot like 20' in the air, then landed on my mates car behind shot another 20'..

They are definitely OP at the min, the thing that makes it more difficult is the NO sound bug. You have no idea if you've pulled s rotter or not, especially in the dark..

Still awesome, what an intense experience.

• Like 1

Game so bugged. I was in a locked garage fighting a zombie that took maybe 50 punches and was still not going down when 5 more spawned into the locked garage

6 hours ago, Turdstick said:

I was driving along an NO shit it was raining infected, they were dropping out the sky and floating up through the floor, real matrix on acid shit!

Was so funny, they came near my car an shot like 20' in the air, then landed on my mates car behind shot another 20'..

They are definitely OP at the min, the thing that makes it more difficult is the NO sound bug. You have no idea if you've pulled s rotter or not, especially in the dark..

Still awesome, what an intense experience.

Vid?

I'm going through clothing and backpacks like crazy... If you see a near naked character running and dropping ruined clothing behind from a herd, it's probably me.

6 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Vid?

We turned capturing off to see if it would help like it did with pubg, we did take some I'll have a look.