Sign in to follow this  
Anyeurysm

Eating/drinking more often?

Is it just me or does it seem like you have to eat/drink way more often than before?

Does this have something to do with being exposed to the elements ie: rain/cold?

If you have food poisoning from eating uncooked meat or drinking dirty water you'll become dehydrated faster, but my assumption is that the cold in combination with being soaked increases your weight and reduces stamina so probably increase calorie I take too. But not sure on that front, tbh I've not noticed increased food or water I take but I eat everything in sight and drink till my stomachs full whenever possible then I don't need to eat for or drink for an hour atleast 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

If you have food poisoning from eating uncooked meat or drinking dirty water you'll become dehydrated faster, but my assumption is that the cold in combination with being soaked increases your weight and reduces stamina so probably increase calorie I take too. But not sure on that front, tbh I've not noticed increased food or water I take but I eat everything in sight and drink till my stomachs full whenever possible then I don't need to eat for or drink for an hour atleast 

The little amoeba icon doesn't show any sickness. Maybe that's bugged?

I did drink from a pond early in the game, but that was many game hours ago. 

Do you know if the sickness passes with time or do I need meds?

It doesn't help that 3 water pumps I have tried going to (izurvive) are gone?

45 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

Does this have something to do with being exposed to the elements ie: rain/cold?

Yes, and eating food will raise your body temp when you're cold

On 11/24/2018 at 10:05 AM, Anyeurysm said:

The little amoeba icon doesn't show any sickness. Maybe that's bugged?

I did drink from a pond early in the game, but that was many game hours ago. 

Do you know if the sickness passes with time or do I need meds?

It doesn't help that 3 water pumps I have tried going to (izurvive) are gone?

I've gotten sick from drinking pond / stream water. The cellular icon raises with each sip, denoting a chance of sickness. When you actually become sick, you will now have a pill capsule icon appear to the very left of your status bar. So far sickness has gone away after a while on it's own for me, but eating fruits and drinking purified water does seem to cure it quicker. I imagine vitamins and medications also quicken the process if they are currently functional, but I haven't tried either of them yet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I've gotten sick from drinking pond / stream water. The cellular icon raises with each sip, denoting a chance of sickness. When you actually become sick, you will now have a pill capsule icon appear to the very left of your status bar. So far sickness has gone away after a while on it's own for me, but eating fruits and drinking purified water does seem to cure it quicker. I imagine vitamins and medications also quicken the process if they are currently functional, but I haven't tried either of them yet.

Yeah, I opted for the permanent cure by eating a bullet...

• Sad 1

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, Anyeurysm said:

Is it just me or does it seem like you have to eat/drink way more often than before?

I noticed I need food more often over the weekend with last update, I also thought it has something to do with being wet and cold as I haven't caught any illnesses yet so I chalked it up to that.

• Like 1

Don't be fully loaded and carrying a barrel, tent, etc.. You'll be stopping every 5 minutes.

Edited by Man Parts 241
Obviously and of course you're soaking frozen lol
  • Like 1