Sign in to follow this  
TheYetiBum

Jamming mechanic, how to unjam weapon?

I've noticed weapons jam now if damaged, on pc you can unjam them with button pushes but how do we do this on console?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

Nothing under control scheme...would like to know aswell

Thankfully it happened to me really early on after update with a damaged 9mm pistol , I've found if you use a weapon repair kit and make sure your weapons are always just worn it doesn't seem I happen. Or hasn't yet at any rate, I'll be carrying a weapon kit all the time from now on and a roll of duct tape as zombies mess your clothes up with one or two hits now. Savages

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

Thankfully it happened to me really early on after update with a damaged 9mm pistol , I've found if you use a weapon repair kit and make sure your weapons are always just worn it doesn't seem I happen. Or hasn't yet at any rate, I'll be carrying a weapon kit all the time from now on and a roll of duct tape as zombies mess your clothes up with one or two hits now. Savages

weapon kit doesn't fix it if its already happen

Just now, pedro135 said:

weapon kit doesn't fix it if its already happen

Yeah I tried repairing after jamming even though I was pretty are it wouldn't work. On PC you just spam the fire key when you get a jam and the character does an animation where he hits the gun and pulls the slide/bolt back and forth until the bullet pops out and then it's good to reload but there's no onscreen prompt and I've tried spamming the fire button RT to no avail. Maybe they haven't implemented the animation or key bind yet, I've inly had it happen with the 9mm pistol so far.

1 minute ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yeah I tried repairing after jamming even though I was pretty are it wouldn't work. On PC you just spam the fire key when you get a jam and the character does an animation where he hits the gun and pulls the slide/bolt back and forth until the bullet pops out and then it's good to reload but there's no onscreen prompt and I've tried spamming the fire button RT to no avail. Maybe they haven't implemented the animation or key bind yet, I've inly had it happen with the 9mm pistol so far.

i think pressing y to reload will work with it eventualy but i think theres a controller input latency issue thats causeing lag with regitering between pressing and holding buttons. also why theres alot of issues in the inventory management

• Like 1

Just now, pedro135 said:

i think pressing y to reload will work with it eventualy but i think theres a controller input latency issue thats causeing lag with regitering between pressing and holding buttons. also why theres alot of issues in the inventory management

Next time it happens I'll give it a go with Y, there's definitely input lag going on for sure . Gotta hold A in inventory for a few secs before moving items and then a few secs wherever you wanna drop items into, was instant before. Also LB Takes a few seconds to zoom in now also. And yeah the Y buttons all kinds of messes up, it's a pain getting used to holding LT and tapping Y to reload a fresh mag as Y just seems to load a single round now & holding Y doesn't seem to change to next quicks lot item anymore. Quite a pain 

• Like 1

Just happened to a worn fnx, luckily there’s another one right next to me

Just happened to my FNX45 too.

It was worn (I repaired it when I found it), the mag was pristine and so was the bullets.

I fired max 7-8 shots with it.

Devs: Please fix this, this is a game-breaker in a game like this.

unjam will probably be bound correctly on tuesday.

Anyone found a way to clear the chamber after gun jam yet?

Had my gun jam whilst two zombies rushed my character, the weapon in now unusable, tried spamming the fire & Y buttons, both with magazine in and out, so had to remove the accessories and replace the weapon.

Unjam isnt in the game yet. It will come when they add bolt cycle, shoutgun slide pump, leaning, shoulder switch and holding breath to steady aim. Im betting on it coming in january.

Sign in to follow this