Sign in to follow this  
eldimarzioxp

Hotfix Today?

4 minutes ago, eldimarzioxp said:

@ImpulZ We have the servers turned off, waiting for a hotfix. I would like to know if today's hotfix will be.
A greeting!

Probably not going to happen today, the team is preparing a bigger update with fixes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Probably not going to happen today, the team is preparing a bigger update with fixes.

So we will have a completely broken version of the game till next week?

• Beans 1

32 minutes ago, Yugo.Betrugo said:

So we will have a completely broken version of the game till next week?

What's "completely broken" about the game?  I'm really curious as I've been playing and have had no issues minus the no gun sounds

44 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

What's "completely broken" about the game?  I'm really curious as I've been playing and have had no issues minus the no gun sounds

Where should I start?

I am an Admin of a German dayz community since 2014,probably the biggest one,with something like 20k whitelisted players

With the patch before this from yesterday Dayz had 2 or 3 "big" problems

1.Server crashes caused by items and player interactions

2.Despawn of bases

3.VOIP

With the patch from yesterday it went from bad to worse.

1.Falling through the map

2.Server crashes

3.Attachments cant be removed from the weapons

4.Players can run through your base

5.Server FPS (not your fps in game) went down from 180 on a full Dayz server to 20.This  would i say is the biggest problem,its not possible to play a normal session,if you know what i mean.

This is not bitching about the game with no reasons,its just unbelievable that they rush out a patch that makes running a dayz server harder than in the previously patch.

The question i was asking myself was "did they even played the version for 10 minutes before realising it"?

If there are gramatic errors in the text than sorry.English is not my native language

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

Just wonder what is price to run dayz server?...

Its allready 20:00 clock in here finland...so i doubt that we gave to just wait patches and fixes

2 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Just wonder what is price to run dayz server?...

Its allready 20:00 clock in here finland...so i doubt that we gave to just wait patches and fixes

it depends, our server costs something like 35 euros per month,with the website teamspeak al other stuff its like 100 euro a month.

• Like 1

We have a server of Roleplay and that people can cross the walls of the bases has forced us to close.
We regret having around 30 people waiting to enter, but the developers are not really interested in fixing what they break and taking care of people.
SAD.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

https://techterms.com/definition/beta_software

"Since beta software is a pre-release version of the final application, it may be unstable or lack features that will be be included in the final release. Therefore, beta software often comes with a disclaimer that testers should use the software at their own risk. If you choose to beta test a program, be aware that it may not function as expected."

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, GrossKopfZed said:

https://techterms.com/definition/beta_software

"Since beta software is a pre-release version of the final application, it may be unstable or lack features that will be be included in the final release. Therefore, beta software often comes with a disclaimer that testers should use the software at their own risk. If you choose to beta test a program, be aware that it may not function as expected."

You're funny. A game may have errors. What can not be done is to measure in the patch the things that have not been put in the changelog and destroy the servers. Actually you can. They have done.
I can look up the definition of "Early Access for 5 years" or, "How to use Experimental servers".

Maybe you think that after paying € 22 for the game, create and maintain a community of people OF THIS GAME, pay servers and modify them... I will not be able to ask for explanations to the crap of the developers.

They have "fixed" small mistakes with which we can coexist and have created big mistakes that force us to leave people without a game.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, Yugo.Betrugo said:

Where should I start?

I am an Admin of a German dayz community since 2014,probably the biggest one,with something like 20k whitelisted players

With the patch before this from yesterday Dayz had 2 or 3 "big" problems

1.Server crashes caused by items and player interactions - Haven't had any issues

2.Despawn of bases - Known issue

3.VOIP - I've been able to chat with other players

With the patch from yesterday it went from bad to worse.

1.Falling through the map - Haven't had this happen once since DayZ first launched

2.Server crashes Haven't seen or been on one that has nor has my server crashed

3.Attachments cant be removed from the weapons - Wouldn't know as I don't run directly to a military base for epic loot

4.Players can run through your base  Wouldn't know as I'm not into Minecraft

5.Server FPS (not your fps in game) went down from 180 on a full Dayz server to 20.This  would i say is the biggest problem,its not possible to play a normal session,if you know what i mean. - My server has held up good with an average fps of 1000+

This is not bitching about the game with no reasons,its just unbelievable that they rush out a patch that makes running a dayz server harder than in the previously patch.

The question i was asking myself was "did they even played the version for 10 minutes before realising it"?

If there are gramatic errors in the text than sorry.English is not my native language

Not sure what to tell you bud.  Welcome to game testing is all I can say. 

4 hours ago, eldimarzioxp said:

You're funny. A game may have errors. What can not be done is to measure in the patch the things that have not been put in the changelog and destroy the servers. Actually you can. They have done.
I can look up the definition of "Early Access for 5 years" or, "How to use Experimental servers".

Maybe you think that after paying € 22 for the game, create and maintain a community of people OF THIS GAME, pay servers and modify them... I will not be able to ask for explanations to the crap of the developers.

They have "fixed" small mistakes with which we can coexist and have created big mistakes that force us to leave people without a game.

This game is not ready to have a serious community built around it. I rent a server and enjoy trying out different settings and test out the gameplay, but I'm not stressing over things that don't work because I know it's not even at version 1. It's still just a beta game, even after nearly 5 years.

"This game is not ready to have a serious community built around it."

1.0 is only about 20 days away -- it better get ready pretty quick!

• Beans 2

when will the new Patch come? Server crashes, Player can run through your base, Bases disappear/despawn after restart or server crash, gun sounds usw. ........ so many bugs!!!!

• Beans 2

On 11/23/2018 at 5:35 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Not sure what to tell you bud.  Welcome to game testing is all I can say. 

You do realize “game testing” is ending in less than a month ? You do realize that a broken beta this close to full release is NOT GOOD RIGHT? You do realize that fallout 76s beta was just like this , and if they don’t get their shit straight people will hate dayz even more when they realize it’s every feature that pulls people in is broken ?

lets break down just SOME of the broken / missing features :

persistence of bases - broken , items disappearing at random and people can use a saw , axe or other tool to take down your base in minutes .

vehicles - broken , too rare , and very desync ridden , the vehicles were far better when they were first implemented as they now disappear after the radiator is damaged and it happens a lot considering the headlights ARENT BRIGHT AT ALL and you will find yourself smashing into shit unless you have a flashlight or other light source out (impossible when in car) 

zombies - don’t jump over fences any more , they don’t react to you unless you are right in their face or have the brightest colors on , they also take too long to kill you (15 slow hits from a zombie = possible death) and they never make you bleed anymore (rags = now useless)

server owning = with night time being broken for everyone besides ultimate FBs and forum WKs , many night time servers are left abandoned ; unless said server is operated by a famous streamer of course , then they stay over night to stream snipe . Also there are many persistence and crash errors for server owners.

Nighttime - broken as all fuck ? Light sources are rare and when you find them you’re simply a target for someone with a better monitor (read : better monitor = better advantage at night) 

Guns / items : many are missing . MANY . We are working with such a limited roster of weapons it’s kind of pathetic the devs keep removing perfectly good weapons for no reason . The new engine has been In for months now , they can’t reactivate the weapons with the new animations they have been “working on” ? They’ve been working on new animations for almost a year now... Anyone remember the longhorn , the glock , vss , Svd , fn fal , engraved 1911 , blaze double rifle ? Some of these will be at a crash site you say ? Ok well find  me a crash site that isn’t already picked over . Oh you can’t ? Oh what’s that ? It’s because the devs put one per server and it’s never found by anyone besides the no lifers ? Oh... ok . I guess that’s that . 

Overall there’s so much more I can put down that was fucked up , removed , or taken out of the game altogether , but it would only disappoint me further and put me more towards disliking the devs decisions (how they are now) than I already do . 

People need to stop defending these devs and their poor decisions , it’s only enabling them to continue down this lazy and poor path . They NEED to push out this big patch like asap so we can critique it and tell them if it’s ready for 1.0 or not . Remember FBs and WKs ; your idolizing of the devs as God’s is only Bringing us further and further away from a proper , non-broken , smooth operating 1.0 .

TLDR: Essentially if you defend any poor decisions or use any FB / FORUMS WK-like terms (which includes using the phrase “it’s beta/ it’s early access just be patient”) then you are advocating for a bug ridden , poorly developed game that will never have a proper beta or 1.0 phase because of all the goddamn coddling you people are doing to the devs just because you don’t want to hurt their feelings or some shit ; grow up- we paid for this product years ago, we still have yet to have that product delivered i full but don’t let these devs pull a fast one and give us a shitty broken 1.0. We honestly deserve more for being so damn loyal and always telling our friends “dayz is just about to get awesome” when really it’s just spinning the same old gears .

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

You do realize “game testing” is ending in less than a month ? You do realize that a broken beta this close to full release is NOT GOOD RIGHT? You do realize that fallout 76s beta was just like this , and if they don’t get their shit straight people will hate dayz even more when they realize it’s every feature that pulls people in is broken ?

lets break down just SOME of the broken / missing features :

persistence of bases - broken , items disappearing at random and people can use a saw , axe or other tool to take down your base in minutes .

vehicles - broken , too rare , and very desync ridden , the vehicles were far better when they were first implemented as they now disappear after the radiator is damaged and it happens a lot considering the headlights ARENT BRIGHT AT ALL and you will find yourself smashing into shit unless you have a flashlight or other light source out (impossible when in car) 

zombies - don’t jump over fences any more , they don’t react to you unless you are right in their face or have the brightest colors on , they also take too long to kill you (15 slow hits from a zombie = possible death) and they never make you bleed anymore (rags = now useless)

server owning = with night time being broken for everyone besides ultimate FBs and forum WKs , many night time servers are left abandoned ; unless said server is operated by a famous streamer of course , then they stay over night to stream snipe . Also there are many persistence and crash errors for server owners.

Nighttime - broken as all fuck ? Light sources are rare and when you find them you’re simply a target for someone with a better monitor (read : better monitor = better advantage at night) 

Guns / items : many are missing . MANY . We are working with such a limited roster of weapons it’s kind of pathetic the devs keep removing perfectly good weapons for no reason . The new engine has been In for months now , they can’t reactivate the weapons with the new animations they have been “working on” ? They’ve been working on new animations for almost a year now... Anyone remember the longhorn , the glock , vss , Svd , fn fal , engraved 1911 , blaze double rifle ? Some of these will be at a crash site you say ? Ok well find  me a crash site that isn’t already picked over . Oh you can’t ? Oh what’s that ? It’s because the devs put one per server and it’s never found by anyone besides the no lifers ? Oh... ok . I guess that’s that . 

Overall there’s so much more I can put down that was fucked up , removed , or taken out of the game altogether , but it would only disappoint me further and put me more towards disliking the devs decisions (how they are now) than I already do . 

People need to stop defending these devs and their poor decisions , it’s only enabling them to continue down this lazy and poor path . They NEED to push out this big patch like asap so we can critique it and tell them if it’s ready for 1.0 or not . Remember FBs and WKs ; your idolizing of the devs as God’s is only Bringing us further and further away from a proper , non-broken , smooth operating 1.0 .

TLDR: Essentially if you defend any poor decisions or use any FB / FORUMS WK-like terms (which includes using the phrase “it’s beta/ it’s early access just be patient”) then you are advocating for a bug ridden , poorly developed game that will never have a proper beta or 1.0 phase because of all the goddamn coddling you people are doing to the devs just because you don’t want to hurt their feelings or some shit ; grow up- we paid for this product years ago, we still have yet to have that product delivered i full but don’t let these devs pull a fast one and give us a shitty broken 1.0. We honestly deserve more for being so damn loyal and always telling our friends “dayz is just about to get awesome” when really it’s just spinning the same old gears .

You do realize 1.0 is not the end of development right? That it's not even the full release still?

3 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

You do realize 1.0 is not the end of development right? That it's not even the full release still?

It's a serious shame that this kind of argument should break out on the forums once again, but I'm sorry Guy, can't agree there. 

This patch, and what's been going on in a belated attempt to fix it (which has only made it much worse), is pretty much a disaster. And this is not a point where the old 'be patient/you don't how development works' arguments are really going to stick any more.

These are decisions, made by BI, who have released them to 'stable', at a point where we were told Beta would be 'ready'. Instead we have a game which, at least in my experience over the past 48 hours, is now close to unplayable.

28 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

It's a serious shame that this kind of argument should break out on the forums once again, but I'm sorry Guy, can't agree there. 

This patch, and what's been going on in a belated attempt to fix it (which has only made it much worse), is pretty much a disaster. And this is not a point where the old 'be patient/you don't how development works' arguments are really going to stick any more.

These are decisions, made by BI, who have released them to 'stable', at a point where we were told Beta would be 'ready'. Instead we have a game which, at least in my experience over the past 48 hours, is now close to unplayable.

The guy I quoted is assuming that we're done testing the game come 1.0.  Where does it say that beta is done at 1.0?  I don't disagree that the game is a complete mess and it was foolish of them to slap the beta tag on it right now but it is what it is