ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149525

14 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Pretty insulting if you ask me.

Nobody asked 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, robotstar said:

Also, i can't see anyone insulting the developers? I can see a lot of angry people, but that's not their fault!

^he asked.

But you're not paying attention, are you?

I don't care how disaffected and belligerent the new guys get, I'm not going to change how I post to accepting the less patient and rude forumers who appreciate little.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Beans 1

On 11/22/2018 at 1:29 PM, dallebull said:

This is nighttime for me.

https://imgur.com/a/fhPpWH3

But yeah, i saw in the other thread that it's getting fixed. 

You’re lucky it’s that bright . For me it’s literal pitch black when on the coast staring into an open “moonlit” field . It’s absolute garbage for people with specific video cards / monitors . Just one of the many poor design decisions that was jammed up this “beta builds” ass . 

23 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This forum has been swamped with so many new/old rando's..... welcome back??

Doesn't it occur to these people that the guy who fixes chimney smoke is not the same as the guy who fixes persistence?

Of course smaller simpler bugs will be fixed faster.

It doesn't mean that the guy who works on those things is equally capable of fixing persistence in the same amount of time does it now?

Seriously people.

I want persistence fixed just as bad as you, but apply a little logic before you insult the developers maybe.

Relax there Bud - noones insulting your god , their mistakes are being pointed out though .

5 years and persistence still broken ? Night time still not “balanced”? Zombies still kittens unless you get turned around in the absolute pitch black ? Bases that can be destroyed with a simple tool after building it in the dark for 3 days straight ? Losing a vehicle because it bumps a tree (because it was so dark) after searching for one for literal hours ? 

All these things after a grueling 4.99 years and we still have to have the patience of a saint for fear of getting ragged on by the likes of you ? I don’t think so , I think it’s time the developers start giving US the benefit of the doubt , after all this has been just as much a “labor of love” for us as it has been for them.. yet it’s always up to us the community to take more and more Dayz Dev promises up the ass and store them there for when they actually come true (if that happens , some of these  promises / features just disappear as if they never had it planned or they just cut it or push it back past 1.0).

The devs used to move fast like a wrecking ball through their development , they even said it would be much smoother when the new engine is in place and that they could deliver large patches with needed content much quicker.. that was what , 2 years ago? We all know now that that was an overzealous statement to say the least , as we just got out of the 1.5 year stretch that we were stuck in .62 for .

TLDR : stop telling people to have more patience , stop defending the devs , there’s nothing for you to defend anymore - maybe you had a purpose as the forums WK 2 - 3 years ago but we’re all grown up now and we can easily see that these devs just aren’t like they use to be . The interns have taken over and the dayz dev vets have taken a back seat; seemingly not caring what happens next to “their” game . 

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes

Also... I didn't ask

I agree with the post above. You're singing to a dwindling minority BioHaze. We're allowed to be annoyed.

34 minutes ago, robotstar said:

Also... I didn't ask

I agree with the post above. You're singing to a dwindling minority BioHaze. We're allowed to be annoyed.

You said no one was insulting them with a question mark.

Don't try to skew things to buddy up with the other complainers.

39 minutes ago, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

TLDR : stop telling people to have more patience , stop defending the devs , there’s nothing for you to defend anymore - maybe you had a purpose as the forums WK 2 - 3 years ago but we’re all grown up now and we can easily see that these devs just aren’t like they use to be . The interns have taken over and the dayz dev vets have taken a back seat; seemingly not caring what happens next to “their” game . 

Preposterous.

Nothing has changed.

The devs are no better or worse than in the past.

The only difference is you've come crawling out of the woodwork to try to play now and you can't handle bugs.

Bugs that have always plagued this project exponentially.

I have given the devs harsh criticism when they deserve it. While these posts are just whining and crying, which is never constructive or informative.

I don't care how many of you band together.

I've been through all of this so many times, and it's always the same shit, different smell.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Confused 2
  • Beans 1

You're quite clearly personally aggravated by what's being said. So I'll go back to my original point. People are ENTITLED TO BE ANGRY. You are NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. You seem to think you are. You seem to think you hold some lofty esteem with the developers, and the voice of the majority is clearly completely misguided because you've got it absolutely right. I think you called everyone self-entitled ignorant whiners, right? (something like that anyway) See your post above. See how that reads.

I see no whining, crying posts from anybody on this forum (with perhaps one exception, BioHaze). I see no personal insults thrown at any developers. The two you cite are absolutely not insults. They are, however, pissed off players who can't play the game they want to play. Pissed off players tend to vent their frustration. When they can't speak to a person, they speak to a forum in the hope that enough comments will reach that person and they will act upon it. So pur-leeeeaase... Enough with the 'you don't know what you're talking about everyone, stop making comments about things being broken, that's not what this forum is for...' garbage.

I'm totally bored of arguing with you now. It's very clear that you feel yourself somehow more informed and better educated than anyone who dares to vent their frustration. And woe betide anyone who tries to disagree with you. I'll just watch from afar at the next person you tell to "calm down, you whiners" and do a little sigh under my breath.

Edited by robotstar
signing off from this nonsense with BioHaze
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

Just play another game or make your own mod if it's so damn easy. 

If you actually followed the news since SA hit Early Access, you'd see that A LOT has happened, to bad they did half the work on a engine they ended up replacing, but since that was implemented, things are going a lot faster. 

But it's fun to bitch on the devs cuz you can. If you actually understood anything about game development, game balancing and coding in general you'd understad why things are handled as they are and why things takes time..

and robotstar... The devs owe you nothing, Noone is entitled to be angry cuz the game isn't done yet. You bought an Early Access title. You got an Early Access title.  Be happy you actually get to play it and doesn't have to wait a few years untill 1.0, like you have to do for AAA games.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

11 minutes ago, robotstar said:

Edited 7 minutes ago by robotstar
signing off from this nonsense with BioHaze

You said you were signing off of this a day ago..... but you came back. Such lack of conviction.

The DayZ social scene has been a negative echo chamber for YEARS. Just complainers complaining to other complaining complainers all patting each other on the back, and wanking each other in the front. If I am allowed to play devils advocate or at least ask for more civil attitudes towards the devs, than I am going to do so, and patiently continue to wait for the features and polish I have hoped for.

DayZ 1.0 may be in 1/1/2019, but my idea of a complete game probably won't be until something likely labelled 1.5 at this point.

Again, my voice is equally valid, even if it's unpopular.

Everyone knows popular opinion = fact, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

waaahhhhhhhh i think its too dark!

literally biohaze, after demanding the game be a hardcore survival for years.  t95df0c_9811264.jpg

49 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

literally biohaze, after demanding the game be a hardcore survival for years.  t95df0c_9811264.jpg

In all fairness, i was the one complaining that it's to dark, and well it kinda still is.

Headtorch is bugged, so you need the flashlight or torch,  and that's not the best weapon when you sneak around mil. bases. 

The one the sees the other first just need to turn off their flashlight, i.e going invisible, and aim for the other palayer.

You should be able to see contours of stuff at nighttime at least outside, maby not in buildings*, that would make you able to craft a torch and go inside to loot.

This would be less of a problem if you either stared with a flashligt. or if head torches and pistol lights were in and working properly. Logging into black w/o any light really sucks, you either have to wait and manage your inventory or change server. 

*Should be doable with a global directional light that illuminates the game world but not inside buldings, like a big flashlight in the sky that gets blocked by models.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1