Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Feedback Tracker...Broke Again

The other day the tracker was broke and wouldn't accept resetting of passwords for my personal account. It took 3 days to get to someone to help and the site was down for a day to fix it (embarassing turnaround imo).

I just had someone sign up, screen freezes during the acceptance check. Tried resigning up with the same credentials and it said the name and email was already in use. Can't login, no verification email, tried resetting passwords and got this:

9c6V4FE.png

Honestly I'm sick and dang tired of jumping through hoops with BI web designers. The level of incompetence here for a company that makes millions of dollars selling intellectual properties is mind numbing. The forum here took a year+ (probably 2...my brain probably deleted those files) to be usable after the current theme was in place. The Feedback Tracker is sooooooo confusing for seasoned PC users nobody wants to sign up and when they do they have problems figuring out how to get a post up to the point I have to step in and help. Pre-Alpha tester I know wouldn't even sign up because the set-up is so convoluted.

Same issue here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/1/1752358461546833851/

Can we get the thing working please so we can help you help us? Thank you.

I'm not sure accusing the devs of incompetence is the way forward, but I shall certainly make them aware.

L

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

I'm not sure accusing the devs of incompetence is the way forward, but I shall certainly make them aware.

L

This is an ongoing issue Orlok, there is no other reasonable explanation other than incompetence. I know enough about web design to recognize incompetence. Time and time again the same issues pop up. Look at the complaints here when they put in the new forum theme, basic functions didn't work for a very very long time...a very unacceptable time. If they want to not fix it, fine don't fix it. I'm tired of jumping through hoops for 5 years...enough is enough. 

Look at this UI...

CjP9nih.png

Who would ever know the star with a down pointing chevron is where one goes to open a ticket? Why not a button that says open ticket?? Where is the lingua franca here? The only reason I found out how to open a ticket was clicking every single clickable on the screen. Thats nuts!

Since when does a star represnt a ticket, new post, or anything other than setting a favorite?  This is not a succesful design, it's incompetence as defined...people are confused. Hell, I'm confused if I don't go there regularly.

Watchers/Members are eating up the righrt sidebar...why?

Left side bar is full of things that don't work...why??? Workboard, Members, and Subprojects shouldn't even be visible unless they're working for people using this. Too much garbage that doesn't do anything. 

Watch Project gets its own button for email notifications instead of an OPEN TICKET button? The design makes zero sense.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 2

26 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Left side bar is full of things that don't work...why??

DayZ Forums (top of this page)  - Select "Activity" then select "My Activity Streams" then ... select from the list of options ?  .. bet ya can't .. 
Only a little thing but I mentioned it  -kind-of -a-long- time-ago- .  I don't think anyone else noticed or cared.
Designer didn't care, for sure.
If I were using an off-the-shelf blog, I'd be embarrassed at carelessness like that (especially if I didn't notice for .. a year ..).  Weyland is right about the 'Phabricator'.. I have seen plenty of worse websites ( discover how to navigate by clicking every single clickable on the screen ) .. but they are usually Government
- not games designers calling for participation.

{ sigh }

Edited by pilgrim*

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

DayZ Forums (top of this page)  - Select "Activity" then select "My Activity Streams" then ... select from the list of options ?  .. bet ya can't .. 
Only a little thing but I mentioned it  -kind-of -a-long- time-ago- .  I don't think anyone else noticed or cared.
Designer didn't care, for sure.
If I were using an off-the-shelf blog, I'd be embarrassed at carelessness like that (especially if I didn't notice for .. a year ..).  Weyland is right about the 'Phabricator'.. I have seen plenty of worse websites ( discover how to navigate by clicking every single clickable on the screen ) .. but they are usually Government
- not games designers calling for participation.

{ sigh }

I do want to help constructively, which is why I came up with a quick mockup of a more streamlined design made especially for chimps. If I spent more time I would get this super clean.

ZKCgsL3.jpg

I took a lot of redundant content out and wasted space like the DESCRIPTION in the body of text. It's not necessary, its cluttering up what little meat is on the bones here. When I read that my eyes shut off like I'm crunching non-physical science related calculus.

I added a How To because thats why people are here...to post a bug...not learn about what DayZ is or isn't (again, incompetent design). BOLD jumps out and the lack of which is a major design flaw in BI designed literature i.e. Status Reports, Phabricator, Forum, etc. I stopped at client crashes. Bold and Caps need to be used for key features so they jump/pop out to people trying to find them. Certain colors work as well.

Knowing when to make a ticket PRIVATE or not is key knowledge for server owners. I talked to Geez about this and people should know ahead of time. Geez is pretty quick, but nobody is that quick.

Reworked the left and right sidebars with desirable content, icons, etc. PC or XBL players shouldn't have to get confused and should find what they're looking for easily.

If I had more time I would cut that central body of text into boxes related to specific content. Good vs Bad gets a GREEN vs RED box. Make it pop! Too much text and readers go blind or get disinterested and leave.

• Beans 1

FYI, Phabricator (the feedback tracker) is not developed/designed by Bohemia Interactive, and neither is the forum framework we have here.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
Wording
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

FYI, Phabricator (the feedback tracker) is not developed/designed by Bohemia Interactive, and neither is the forum framework we have here.

OK - so problem solved. - There's our answer Weyland. 

Edited by pilgrim*

8 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Never mind.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Never mind.

.. Yoda says  << It's like pressing the 'Where's My Stuff' button on Amazon >>

: )

On 11/20/2018 at 9:14 PM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

I wasn't going to post it and pulled it...but this has to be said.

Someone configured Phabricator (probably you) and someone installed and configured the forum (probably you).

1. Why is the left side bar on Phabricator invaded with stuff that doesn't work or shouldn't be visible to users??

2. Workboard and  Subprojects don't work...why is it there??? You're going to tell me that can't be changed to something useful???

3. Members shouldn't be there (like who is using that?) and shouldn't Manage be invisible to users?

4. When I'm on the DayZ page, why is there a DayZ option in the left sidebar?

You got a home link to a home page on the home page. I don't need to go there because I'm already there. It's a waste and confusing becuase there are too many things to look at. I could see if it was present when navigating to other area's like having a home option in a header so you can get back home, but when you leave that page you leave that option so it's null in void. It's filler and filler is confusing because it eats up visual space...it really is a visual cacophony.

5. Why is there a members section on the right side bar empty when there is already a members link on the left side bar? I've never used Phabricator but I'm pretty sure that can be removed or filled with USEFUL INFORMATION. Useful Information is like Recent Activity or Major Bugs. This will help decrease duplicate tickets would it not?

6. Why is there a 'Watchers' section there too? Youl have power over these options, why not put something usefull there? All this useless stuff makes the entire process confusing and difficult to navigate.

7. Why is there a star in the header representing a ticket? I'm sure there are font awesome options to choose from. Am I wrong...star...only option??

8. You're telling me there is no place for a button to post a ticket? You got the 'Watch Project' button, you're telling me that can't be a Open Ticket button???

9. Why can't I sign up?

10. Why can't I reset my password?

11. Why am I getting the error I posted in the original post?

12. Why is there a DayZ description in the details section (middle)? Did Phabricator type that? I see you changed it slightly regarding my complaints, it's still full of non-useful words. People coming to the feedback tracker don't need to know what DayZ is about, they need instruction on how to use the site! They know what the game is about. 

13. ON THIS VERY DAY THE EXACT SAME ISSUES STILL PERSIST, WHY???

FyzyL5B.jpg

14. Can't get on again, site is jacked...AGAIN. Why is the tracker down so much all the time?

9GamfEn.png

On 11/20/2018 at 2:56 PM, OrLoK said:

snip

Can you pass this along please?

I'm shinigami from the post above, it was definitely down for two days.

I created a topic about it on the Steam Forums and a moderator locked it...

14 minutes ago, chL said:

I'm shinigami from the post above, it was definitely down for two days.

I created a topic about it on the Steam Forums and a moderator locked it...

Hey Shinigame, thanks for stopping by. Why did your post on Steam Forums get locked?