john garcia

Map Border

Has anyone ever tried going past the edge of the map? What happens? Saw a video where guy did this on PC and he just got to flat ground that ran endlessly.

Just curious.

47 minutes ago, john garcia said:

Has anyone ever tried going past the edge of the map? What happens? Saw a video where guy did this on PC and he just got to flat ground that ran endlessly.

Just curious.

It's the "debug plain".

There's nothing there.

I believe if you log out there, it will wipe your character.

Back in the mod days, it did not.

People would stash vehicles away in the distance, effectively removing vehicles from the server, which sucked and was game breaking.

Ran out there a little ways. I felt the same as Fanboy, didn’t want to push my luck out there..

It would be fitting if BI took a page out of 7dtd, and created a sort of radiation zone beyond the maps boundary.

That way, they could add fog, trees, and foliage to create a finished look, as the radiation would kill you if you pushed a few steps too far. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nayte said:

Ran out there a little ways. I felt the same as Fanboy, didn’t want to push my luck out there..

It would be fitting if BI took a page out of 7dtd, and created a sort of radiation zone beyond the maps boundary.

That way, they could add fog, trees, and foliage to create a finished look, as the radiation would kill you if you pushed a few steps too far. 

Lol!!  Yep learned about that radiation zone the hard way. Funny story on how it happened AND the afrermath of going back a few times to try and retrieve minibike.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, john garcia said:

Lol!!  Yep learned about that radiation zone the hard way. Funny story on how it happened AND the afrermath of going back a few times to try and retrieve minibike.

Hehe, same here man.

Rode out on my mini bike, and was able to pull a U-turn though died just before making it out.

At least my bike rolled out to the edge of the rad zone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, john garcia said:

This.  My fiancé and I would come up with strategy on how to run and grab our backpacks all the time in the radiation zone.  Don’t ask me why it happened more than once!  ?

• Haha 1