ImpulZ

Xbox Update 24/10/2018

On 1/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

But you will be getting those things, you'll just have to wait for them. I think what a lot of people forget is that years ago when a game came out, that was it. You bought it, played it and finished it. No bug fixes, no updates, no free or paid for dlc, nothing. People have just grown to expect free content and continued support for a game. The devs have outlined what they'd like to bring to the game over time so just wait for it to come. 

That does not really apply here...

Years ago (as you mention) games was "complete" on launch and what you bought at that time was what you got, but they were ALSO legit 1.0-versions of the game and not like now where you pay for the game without knowing if it actually ever goes gold and sometimes have to wait for years and years before the game is anywhere near what the devs promised.

Both ways of releasing a game have merits, I prefer the latter one (when done right!!) though.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

That does not really apply here...

Years ago (as you mention) games was "complete" on launch and what you bought at that time was what you got, but they were ALSO legit 1.0-versions of the game and not like now where you pay for the game without knowing if it actually ever goes gold and sometimes have to wait for years and years before the game is anywhere near what the devs promised.

Both ways of releasing a game have merits, I prefer the latter one (when done right!!) though.

Yeah I like the latter too. I've always been a supporter of this type of game. I've played Ark, Long Dark and various other titles. Even minecraft, which I believe is nearly ten years old now and still evolving. 

On 10/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Nooooooo-body cares.

They got your moooooooney.

Money that is funneled more towards my PC version.

It's like you're in a submission move and you're about to tap out!

Do you have any idea how many people have left DayZ behind before you even knew it existed?

You all expected the game to go from the state it was released in to finished how fast?

Yet, you didn't think past examples of DayZ dev would be an indication of the future?

Whenever development is not going to your liking..... NEWS FLASH - take a break from the game!

Come back when there is a patch with the fixes you desire.

XBone has other games, right?

They have 1 year before MS pullsbthe plug. Js

1 hour ago, Brett Tucker said:

They have 1 year before MS pullsbthe plug. Js

Not true, games can be on preview longer than a year, Ark was at least two years. 

• Like 1

Sad thing about ark was that it was actually better in game preview I thought lol. They made a lot of changes leading up to the full release that broke the game for me. Duping was a huge issue towards the end of the preview though

1 hour ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

Sad thing about ark was that it was actually better in game preview I thought lol. They made a lot of changes leading up to the full release that broke the game for me. Duping was a huge issue towards the end of the preview though

What did you prefer in game preview? I'll be honest, I dip in and out of ark over the years and it's always very different every time! It seems a bit laggier than it used to be but I'm on the ragnarok map now and apparently it's worse than other maps. (sorry for drifting off dayz topic) 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

What did you prefer in game preview? I'll be honest, I dip in and out of ark over the years and it's always very different every time! It seems a bit laggier than it used to be but I'm on the ragnarok map now and apparently it's worse than other maps. (sorry for drifting off dayz topic) 

The biggest thing for me was when they took away being able to put auto turrets on platform saddles. Designing and building war quetzals and mosasauruses with turrets was one of my favorite things on the game. All the high tech stuff wasn't in the game yet either, pvp was mostly rifles/rpgs and riot was the best armor you could have 

35 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

The biggest thing for me was when they took away being able to put auto turrets on platform saddles. Designing and building war quetzals and mosasauruses with turrets was one of my favorite things on the game. All the high tech stuff wasn't in the game yet either, pvp was mostly rifles/rpgs and riot was the best armor you could have 

Ah, I never quite got that far, mostly played solo

• Like 1