bent.toe

Would it work?

Thinking of putting on a blue medic outfit, white helmet, pack my coyote full of bandages, batteries and food/drinks and start helping people around zelenogorsk.

No point in going down to chernagorsk or Elektro..then we (me and 2 buddies) are dead within 20 minutes.

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 1

Could work but as typical dayz you may get shot in the face because "oh look another player after 20000000000hrs of play let's just shoot him!" Goodluck tho bud

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

what makes zele any safer than cherno or elektro ? :D

In my experience max pop is safer than low pop, I roam major towns NEVER seen Anyone. Low pop same thing? Always find someone, took me 3hrs of sitting watching berezino and another 30mins lining a shot (stupid PSO not being able to prone) on 2 bambi killers on hospital, oh how I wish I had an m4 then

1 hour ago, liquidcactus said:

what makes zele any safer than cherno or elektro ? :D

Guess you never been on a 50+ EU server in Elektro. It's a fucking war zone.

All coastal towns are just PvP death zones, even if your trying to be a peacekeeper or hunt bandits , it's to hard to tell who is who, especially with big groups of players as there's always one nut job offing fresh spawns even in a group of people trying to be chill and friendly. Any big city on the west side if the map such as Zelenogorsk is generally quieter ATM due to pretty much all south western new spawns bein removed in 0.63 which kinda sucks tbh as that side of the map has some great loot , mil bases and cities but hardly anyone other than experienced players already kitted venture that way. 

But no matter play style, RPing or how your dressed, coastal cities are flat out KOS the majority of the time unless it's freshy to freshy contact lol.

ive met over ten seemingly friendly players all over the map the last few days and not a single one of them had a microphone , if it was any other player and not me , they'd be dead right now. 

A lot of people hating on the KOS and heavy PvP attitude ingame but running around in party chat not communicating that there friendly instantly when bumping into people and wondering why they get lit up.

• Beans 1

Had 3 encounters in MB at zelenogorsk.

All friendly when they heard me and saw the blue UN.

Larges group was 3 players.

Gl man, on xbox Dayz is just a more realistic Call of Duty to most people. I met maybe a handful of friendly people out of the probably 200+ encounters I've had. Even then most of them tried to kill me while caught off guard. Had one guy who was a fresh spawn (or so I thought) tell me his cooking pot was glitched and asked if I could take the food out of it for him. As soon as I go to my inventory to check it out he shoots me in the head with a chambered IJ-70... Luckily my ballistic helmet saved my ass and I turned around and killed him. But it just goes to show people will do or say anything for loot, kinda sad really, but I've just resorted to not trusting anyone. Don't get me wrong though, the 1/100 friendly encounters you come across almost make the other 99 worth it tbh. But I never let my guard down to anyone anymore no matter how friendly they seem.

• Beans 1

On 10/16/2018 at 12:34 AM, Andyyypandyyy said:

In my experience max pop is safer than low pop, I roam major towns NEVER seen Anyone. Low pop same thing? Always find someone, took me 3hrs of sitting watching berezino and another 30mins lining a shot (stupid PSO not being able to prone) on 2 bambi killers on hospital, oh how I wish I had an m4 then

Yes indeed, this is exactly how dayz works or a curse of the game if you will. Playing the mod back in 2012 it was even worse. You could only get in 15-20% of the buildings in anytown back then so by default there was a good chance you would meet another player in the smallest towns as you were almost "forced" into a path too see eachother if you decided to loot the same town the same time as someone else. The towns were very dull and uncharacteristic compared to now. Very different story these days as you can enter most buildings so if you have the drop on another player in a town theres a good chance you can hide better than back the mod dayz

22 hours ago, Dopplerman said:

Gl man, on xbox Dayz is just a more realistic Call of Duty to most people. I met maybe a handful of friendly people out of the probably 200+ encounters I've had. Even then most of them tried to kill me while caught off guard. Had one guy who was a fresh spawn (or so I thought) tell me his cooking pot was glitched and asked if I could take the food out of it for him. As soon as I go to my inventory to check it out he shoots me in the head with a chambered IJ-70... Luckily my ballistic helmet saved my ass and I turned around and killed him. But it just goes to show people will do or say anything for loot, kinda sad really, but I've just resorted to not trusting anyone. Don't get me wrong though, the 1/100 friendly encounters you come across almost make the other 99 worth it tbh. But I never let my guard down to anyone anymore no matter how friendly they seem.

I have a feeling xbox version would be a lot more chaotic than pc atm moment considering alot of the player base haha. Tho on pc these days there is so many servers to choose from its easy to find more relaxed easier going servers with less hyper lunatics. I have not played the dayz xbox so im unaware of the server amount/type. A great tactic if you are playing by your self is this. I think its always good to let players you meet know that you are with some freinds even if you are not with anyone. Just lie to them and say you have 2-3 freinds close by but you havent quite met with them yet or they are just looting house next street over. Now this tactic could or may not work so well with the stupid shit that goes on at the coast but i can assure you when you are deep north in the mountains meeting players that have shit to lose? They are going to consider what you say.

Most of all

WELCOME TO DAYZ !

• Like 1

Got killed today...had a megaphone when entering MB, shouted "friendly, blue helmet, don't shot"

Heard two shots and screen goes red...

Back to the drawing board eeh?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Got killed today...had a megaphone when entering MB, shouted "friendly, blue helmet, don't shot"

Heard two shots and screen goes red...

Back to the drawing board eeh?

You say you are entering Kill Zones barehands and shouting 24/7 like a mad man???

<<Have you tried turning the megaphone off and on again...?>>

On 10/15/2018 at 2:54 PM, TheYetiBum said:

All coastal towns are just PvP death zones, even if your trying to be a peacekeeper or hunt bandits , it's to hard to tell who is who, especially with big groups of players as there's always one nut job offing fresh spawns even in a group of people trying to be chill and friendly. Any big city on the west side if the map such as Zelenogorsk is generally quieter ATM due to pretty much all south western new spawns bein removed in 0.63 which kinda sucks tbh as that side of the map has some great loot , mil bases and cities but hardly anyone other than experienced players already kitted venture that way. 

But no matter play style, RPing or how your dressed, coastal cities are flat out KOS the majority of the time unless it's freshy to freshy contact lol.

ive met over ten seemingly friendly players all over the map the last few days and not a single one of them had a microphone , if it was any other player and not me , they'd be dead right now. 

A lot of people hating on the KOS and heavy PvP attitude ingame but running around in party chat not communicating that there friendly instantly when bumping into people and wondering why they get lit up.

Exactly. How bout this one...

Me - You gotta mic? Jump if you gotta mic

Them - *Jump jump*

Me - *smh*  I'm out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LAntorcha said:

You say you are entering Kill Zones barehands and shouting 24/7 like a mad man???

<<Have you tried turning the megaphone off and on again...?>>

I never said that? Great imagination kiddo.