Gene Pearson

Please add something to xbox

You are hitting exactly on thoughts I was having since release was first announced. I wondered how casual console players were going to accept a game that was in a PC format. No real saving like other games. No mapping so you know exactly where you are. My thoughts now after release is that there is a small faction that want the PC experience without going into PC gaming. With the type of constant action and game play you get from COD, BF, it is not surprising to me that there are so many complaints about loot and wipes. No surprise there is rampant kos with the battle royal mentality that is currently prevalent in gaming. 

The vast majority do not care for meeting and interacting with others. Its all about pitting yourself against others to show off your higher skill in pvp. And with the age brackets we have within console players its not surprising that interactions just turn into trolling and aggression. JMHO but console mentality, especially since we have weapons in the game , is to attack-attack-attck, and take their loot. Thats what console survival is all about, kill or be killed, kos and get the loot. Its the fastest way to "level up", meaning acquire gear (also a status symbol), and get the supplies you need to maintain your character. Much easier that running around and having to find it all yourself.

Either that or its just for the fun of creating havoc and making others rage. I actually find it scary as if we really ended up in a survival situation in reality, what we see here is what is going to be taking place. 

• Beans 1

I'm not sure I know what a casual gamer is. It's that someone that doesn't do it professionally for money? 

On 10/10/2018 at 2:14 AM, bent.toe said:

I second this.

We plan every session with different objectives like:

Fill up on ammo at Zelenogorsk.

Go to prison island.

Get to hunters lodge to gather water purifaction tablets.

And so on....but we done all that and clocked around 50+ hours doing basically nothing.

l

water tabs are usless atm. why even mention them.

22 hours ago, john garcia said:

I wondered how casual console players were going to accept a game that was in a PC format

Right JG   - but also remember that when DayZ came out on PC it was already a VERY UNUSUAL game for PC players.. it did NOT  fit into the standard expectations.  There was a lot of confusion and wailing but some people really got onto the wavelength of this STRANGE new game ..  where you were never safe, where you couldn't "savegame", where suddenly the screen went black and a little message said <You Are Dead>..  You started from scratch, you tried to survive without rules,  you died - sometimes without even knowing why - you lost everything. You started from scratch again and you were paranoid all the time. People started to realize how BRILLIANT this game was ...  it was just DEADLY.

then a wave of PC imitations started - they were generally easier on the player, to tone things down a bit. 

42 minutes ago, j prosper said:

water tabs are usless atm. why even mention them.

Because very soon you will need them so best get used to collecting them

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Because very soon you will need them so best get used to collecting them

Exactly