CarlTheGooner

Quick access menu

I think it would be much more controller friendly if they switched left bumper with right d pad. Use right Dpad to aim in with you scope when you're adsing and use left bumper to bring quick access up, this way you could easily do it while moving. Can I get a hell yeah. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner
Typo

10 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

I think it would be much more controller friendly if they switched left bumper with right d pad. Use right Dpad to aim in with you scope when you're adsing and use left bumper to bring quick access up, this would you could easily do it while moving. Can I get a hell yeah. 

no

Just now, CarlTheGooner said:

Amazingly constructed well thought out argument pal. 

I don't mind where it is now, but I would like to move while it is open. My issue with it is you freeze character, and it does bug out for a bit if you try and select too quickly.

Maybe reverse the emote wheel and the hot wheel. Because left dpad feels more natural and easy to reach. But hey. No biggy

When you've already got your left index finger on left trigger aiming it would be far easier to press right bumper with your thumb to switch to a scope, it would be 10x easier, smoother and less fiddly to use the left bumper to bring up your quick access menu, loads of games do this already; it's way more natural than standing still and using your left thumb thus letting go of your left analogue stick or having to bring your right thumb across. You know it makes sense. 

2 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

I think it would be much more controller friendly if they switched left bumper with right d pad. Use right Dpad to aim in with you scope when you're adsing and use left bumper to bring quick access up, this way you could easily do it while moving. Can I get a hell yeah. 

2 hours ago, Bombarding said:

I don't mind where it is now, but I would like to move while it is open. My issue with it is you freeze character, and it does bug out for a bit if you try and select too quickly.

Maybe reverse the emote wheel and the hot wheel. Because left dpad feels more natural and easy to reach. But hey. No biggy

You guys know you can just cycle through equipped items by simply holding Y for a second? It’s easily done on the fly, and it only takes a split second to un-equip using the radial menu.

Yes I know but sometimes you need a specific item fast and if it's like 8th in your quick slots, well, it's not quick then is it... So you can either cycle through = dead, or stand still = dead, if it was switched to left bumper and done so you could move while doing it then it would be quick. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner

10 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Yes I know but sometimes you need a specific item fast and if it's like 8th in your quick slots, well, it's not quick then is it... So you can either cycle through = dead, or stand still = dead, if it was switched to left bumper and done so you could move while doing it then it would be quick. 

Damn, 8 items in your quickslot?!

I’ll have 3, 4 tops, just for that reason. It’s also a good idea to put your best CQC weapon first. So holding Y pulls out that weapon when unarmed.

Maybe they’ll add button mapping for Xbox at some point.

I know I always have my SMG first but sometimes I need my axe or pistol which are last and second last, I don't waste good ammo on zombies. I'm just trying to make the "quick slots" quick. With how terribly designed it is using right on the dpad and with so many other games using the bumpers I don't understand how many if not all people are not in favour of this? 

Believe me I've now clocked hundreds of hours on the game, I'm just suggesting a much more controller friendly option. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner
Typo

2 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

I know I always have my SMG first but sometimes I need my axe or pistol which are last and second last, I don't waste good ammo on zombies. I'm just trying to make the "quick slots" quick. With how terribly designed it is using right on the dpad and with so many other games using the bumpers I don't understand how many if not all people are not in favour of this? 

Believe me I've now clocked hundreds of hours on the game, I'm just suggesting a much more controller friendly option. 

I’m with you, more options are always a good thing.

Personally prefer it as it is. I use Y to quick cycle between main weapon or melee weapon. I only ever have two slots assigned. One for zombies and one for players. I'd rather be able to switch quickly to ads while I'm moving than switch weapons.