Sign in to follow this  
haydaman712

On which branch will server files be sharded?

So I've taken a bit of a break from DayZ. But I always check in every week or so to see what's new. I haven't heavily invested time into DayZ since .59 when there was actually loot in the game. 

If you want to join someones private server which branch will it be available under? Stable, Exp, or Stress Test? Like if I want to access someone's private server would I just access them the same way we always do? Is there a way to differentiate between private shards with unaltered files and ones with?

6 hours ago, haydaman712 said:

So I've taken a bit of a break from DayZ. But I always check in every week or so to see what's new. I haven't heavily invested time into DayZ since .59 when there was actually loot in the game. 

If you want to join someones private server which branch will it be available under? Stable, Exp, or Stress Test? Like if I want to access someone's private server would I just access them the same way we always do? Is there a way to differentiate between private shards with unaltered files and ones with?

OK if your looking at Exp that currently has .63, but will eventually be all on Stable Finalized. It will still apply the same way the server files for private are on the private server. The official servers are linked to the master Hive database. So normally it all depends on where you plan to play on. If you like private hives, you will eventually have the ability to host your own server, from the server files and mod tools given to us soon enough. It was currently delayed due to some minor details they had to fix. Otherwise Private is still private and official is still public. If someone else hosts it they have 2 choices when purchasing turn it private or leave it open to the public. Your limited to the rules offered by the server OP, and Dayz when restarting servers. Otherwise welcome back. and eventually you will be able to host it on your own machines.

5 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

This thread could actually be named "When 0.63 will hit stable ?"

Not really.  Server files are already released, long before anything close to resembling a stable branch candidate has been seen.

On 9/20/2018 at 7:53 AM, sneakydude said:

OK if your looking at Exp that currently has .63, but will eventually be all on Stable Finalized. It will still apply the same way the server files for private are on the private server. The official servers are linked to the master Hive database. So normally it all depends on where you plan to play on. If you like private hives, you will eventually have the ability to host your own server, from the server files and mod tools given to us soon enough. It was currently delayed due to some minor details they had to fix. Otherwise Private is still private and official is still public. If someone else hosts it they have 2 choices when purchasing turn it private or leave it open to the public. Your limited to the rules offered by the server OP, and Dayz when restarting servers. Otherwise welcome back. and eventually you will be able to host it on your own machines.

So you're saying the server files have been released but the mod tools haven't? Does that mean private servers for Exp are not a thing yet? Or are they?