Kynero1

Switching Between Game Chat and XBOX Party Chat?

Will there be a way to switch between in game chat and XBOX party chat?  I was in a XBOX party playing DayZ in coop the other day talking in party chat so we could coordinate.  However we could not talk in game chat to talk with other players on the server and could not switch to a game chat mode so the social aspect of the broader game was difficult.

Am I missing something?  If not will the ability to talk in game chat be implemented while we are grouped up in XBOX parties?  The ability to play in a coop way seems to be best if you can set up an XBOX party so you can coordinate getting on same server however we lose the ability to talk to other players on the server who are not in our XBOX party.

23 minutes ago, Kynero1 said:

Will there be a way to switch between in game chat and XBOX party chat?  I was in a XBOX party playing DayZ in coop the other day talking in party chat so we could coordinate.  However we could not talk in game chat to talk with other players on the server and could not switch to a game chat mode so the social aspect of the broader game was difficult.

Am I missing something?  If not will the ability to talk in game chat be implemented while we are grouped up in XBOX parties?  The ability to play in a coop way seems to be best if you can set up an XBOX party so you can coordinate getting on same server however we lose the ability to talk to other players on the server who are not in our XBOX party.

Ummm...

You can just switch to game chat from the party controls, then back to party chat when your done. takes a second but it can be done...

3 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

Ummm...

You can just switch to game chat from the party controls, then back to party chat when your done. takes a second but it can be done...

No you can't , the chat function is bugged out ATM. Read the known Issues list posted by devs. Once in party chat you cannot switch back to game chat as communicate to people in game, the party function currently blocks that but they are working on a fix for this issue

• Like 1

Thanks for your comment however you can not just switch from party chat to game chat from the party controls.  We tried and this is not an option at the moment.  I know this can be done in other games but not in DayZ that we can find.

3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

No you can't , the chat function is bugged out ATM. Read the known Issues list posted by devs. Once in party chat you cannot switch back to game chat as communicate to people in game, the party function currently blocks that but they are working on a fix for this issue

Thanks for this comment you are correct.  You can not at the moment switch in any way between party and in game chat.

• Thanks 1

Best option for stating in contacts with friends ingame is using radios. If u all have radios set to same channel and turned on in inventory you can use game chat to talk, that way u can communicate with other randoms too. Just be aware that whilst using push to talk to use radio you'll be broadcasting in vicinity chat too. But really fun if you want to squad up & have the option to find and talk to other survivors . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They will need to implement something quick to use such as a dpad option. I wouldn't want to fumble about in party menus switching chat modes while the random person I'm trying to talk to axes me in the head!

• Like 1

I don't know what you guys are talking about because i do it (switch from party to game chat and back) all the time...

3 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Best option for stating in contacts with friends ingame is using radios. If u all have radios set to same channel and turned on in inventory you can use game chat to talk, that way u can communicate with other randoms too. Just be aware that whilst using push to talk to use radio you'll be broadcasting in vicinity chat too. But really fun if you want to squad up & have the option to find and talk to other survivors . 

Great idea! I’m going to try and talk my friend into doing this. It seems like you miss out on so many great opportunities when in party chat.

• Beans 1

There's no need. I be in party all the time and still talk to survivors just fine. Without the need to switch to game chat. I've been in parties where my friends find survivors and talk to them without switching chats as well.

This is the only game I've played that has this feature.

Sucks it's not working for everyone.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, Nano Ninja said:

There's no need. I be in party all the time and still talk to survivors just fine. Without the need to switch to game chat. I've been in parties where my friends find survivors and talk to them without switching chats as well.

This is the only game I've played that has this feature.

Sucks it's not working for everyone.

Can you explain how you are able to do this?  When I am in an XBOX party and thus in party chat I have not been able to talk to survivors not in our party.  If I push down on D pad while in party the mike symbol shows up on HUD but I am not able to talk in game to other survivors.  Also there is not an option in XBOX menus to switch into game chat from party chat like other games have.  Any help is appreciated.

3 hours ago, Kynero1 said:

Can you explain how you are able to do this?  When I am in an XBOX party and thus in party chat I have not been able to talk to survivors not in our party.  If I push down on D pad while in party the mike symbol shows up on HUD but I am not able to talk in game to other survivors.  Also there is not an option in XBOX menus to switch into game chat from party chat like other games have.  Any help is appreciated.

I have the Xbox App on my phone, which allows you to join party chat.

I have a 3.5mm adaptor on my controller for my headset that I use for game chat.

Edited by Nano Ninja

8 hours ago, Nano Ninja said:

I have the Xbox App on my phone, which allows you to join party chat.

I have a 3.5mm adaptor on my controller for my headset that I use for game chat.

Where does the audio for party chat come through? Out of your phone or headset? 

3 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Where does the audio for party chat come through? Out of your phone or headset? 

I’ve been trying to get my head around this for a few days, thinking of a way to be able to use both party and game chat.

The only reasonable solution I have been able to come up with is maybe using the Xbox app on your phone for creating a party and then using a 2 x male to female 3.5mm audio jack. One end plugged into your phone, the other your controller.

I don’t even know if this will work, the audio might be conflicted, the volume of one source may be a lot louder than the other or you may not be able to output your voice audio back.

I’m sure I’ve got one of these cables hanging about somewhere, if so I will do some testing ASAP and let you know. Even if there is only one person in your group that has the means to do this, at least he can communicate with any random survivors your group encounters and relay everything back.

Wouldn’t be so bad if the proximity chat didn’t carry so far or had a whisper feature, but it seems very counter-intuitive to walk around, especially in a major town, with your proximity chat open for all to hear.

Edited by TameGamerMT

3 hours ago, TameGamerMT said:

I’ve been trying to get my head around this for a few days, thinking of a way to be able to use both party and game chat.

The only reasonable solution I have been able to come up with is maybe using the Xbox app on your phone for creating a party and then using a 2 x male to female 3.5mm audio jack. One end plugged into your phone, the other your controller.

I don’t even know if this will work, the audio might be conflicted, the volume of one source may be a lot louder than the other or you may not be able to output your voice audio back.

I’m sure I’ve got one of these cables hanging about somewhere, if so I will do some testing ASAP and let you know. Even if there is only one person in your group that has the means to do this, at least he can communicate with any random survivors your group encounters and relay everything back.

Wouldn’t be so bad if the proximity chat didn’t carry so far or had a whisper feature, but it seems very counter-intuitive to walk around, especially in a major town, with your proximity chat open for all to hear.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. My buds fit perfectly into my headset x)

And no conflicts.

Edited by Nano Ninja

4 minutes ago, Nano Ninja said:

This is exactly what i'm talking about. My buds fit perfectly into my headset x)

And no conflicts.

So instead of using a dual male to female splitter, you just use earbuds inside your headphones, right? 

Will definitely be going that way if the splitter doesn’t work, but would still like to know if I could just use my headphones as I like to hear each and every sound in game and would worry about not being able to her footsteps with buds in as well.

Cheers for the heads up buddy.

12 minutes ago, TameGamerMT said:

So instead of using a dual male to female splitter, you just use earbuds inside your headphones, right? 

Will definitely be going that way if the splitter doesn’t work, but would still like to know if I could just use my headphones as I like to hear each and every sound in game and would worry about not being able to her footsteps with buds in as well.

Cheers for the heads up buddy.

Yea. I usually have my phone on speaker while my headset is plugged to my controller. I also have buds with a mic that I use for my phone. Sometimes I have two headsets on when u think about it lol. Kudos to my wife, she's a lot smarter than I.

1 hour ago, Nano Ninja said:

Yea. I usually have my phone on speaker while my headset is plugged to my controller. I also have buds with a mic that I use for my phone. Sometimes I have two headsets on when u think about it lol. Kudos to my wife, she's a lot smarter than I.

Wow this is really getting complicated.  I am hopeful the Dev team implements a much easier solution soon to entering proximity game chat while staying in party chat so your party as well as other survivors can hear you.  For example, while in party chat simply pushing down on d-pad to enter proximity game chat and if your team is near you they can still hear the conversation in both proximity game chat and party chat.  Thanks for your comments on a workaround while we wait for solution.

• Beans 1

Nah, swerve that. Got my turtlebeachh on so I aint arsing about putting other headphones on under my turtlebeach and listening to my phone on speaker isnt going to happen wih turtle beach on. 

Potentially the 2 way adapter thing ia decent but why bother just for an issue that should be fixe over time. 

7 hours ago, TameGamerMT said:

The 2 way jack seems plausible but hopefully it will just be fixed on the devs end sooner rather than later.