CarlTheGooner

Sprinting

There could be a better way to tell you're carrying too much to be able to sprint or jump. I just got killed because I couldn't sprint yet my stamina bar was well over half full. I could still pick things straight up to inventory so I wasn't full, and I know it's hardcore survival and that's why I love it. 

I'm not sure whether it was a bug, a glitch or working as intended but again, I could pick stuff up and my stamina bar was well over half full so I'm at a loss here. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner

Its down to weight.

Sprinting and jumping cant be done over a certain amount of weight carried.

Putting items into your inventory is down to slots not weight.

So you will still be able to pick up items once past the threshold for sprinting and jumping; its not bugged. 

Try re-arranging yoir inventory, ditch something unnecessary and maybe put some in containers. 

4 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Its down to weight.

Sprinting and jumping cant be done over a certain amount of weight carried.

Putting items into your inventory is down to slots not weight.

So you will still be able to pick up items once past the threshold for sprinting and jumping; its not bugged. 

Try re-arranging yoir inventory, ditch something unnecessary and maybe put some in containers. 

Yeah I know this. But I didn't think I was over weight. Wasn't carrying much. My stamina bar was over half. It must have been a bug.

1 hour ago, Don Jean said:

Did you have a ballistic vest on? That thing bogs you well down.

UK assault vest. But still like I've said a few times now, my bar was over half. I shouldn't be not able to sprint. It's all good. Will have been a glitch. Lost a 3 day old fully geared character tho. Ah well. 

7 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Yeah I know this. But I didn't think I was over weight. Wasn't carrying much. My stamina bar was over half. It must have been a bug.

I dont know how much gear you had but its probably wasnt glitched; Your stamina will be at half a bar if you're unable to sprint/jump due to carrying too much gear. 

I think that you should still be able to sprint with vests on. Soldiers can sprint with full gear it may not be a long sprint, but they can still sprint. Soldiers train to be able to move fast with their gear on when they need to, so maybe in game we can slowly get faster the more we wear the heavier gear.

It was definitely a bug or momentary server side issue. Your stamina bar has to be below about 30% to stop sprinting and jumping. Technically you can wear a ballistic vest and still sprint but you'd have to drop everything other than a gun and a spare mag & have very lightweight clothes and no bag etc. Console inventory doesn't account for slot usage and the damage item system for layering items in bags doesn't exist on console not PC anymore so posts/replies claiming you were to heavy at over 50% stamina are 100% wrong . Sorry guys. 

Just remember that currently the stamina bars onscreen contrast are totally off, so if you've used melee , jumped a few times or completed any task that uses an animation like eating, opening can , etc that also uses stamina. So if you do have a smaller stamina bar and do any of the above tasks then Try and run instantly your bar will still be refilling. Hope this helps and makes sense 

Edited by TheYetiBum

Sometimes a bug occurs when you walk through/over something you shouldn't be able to.  Its almost like you are rubber banding when trying to sprint, to fix this I go prone and jump.  This usually fixes the issue, I've noticed it happens sometimes when a door opens into me pushing me into the wall.

Might not be the problem you are getting though

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 8:00 PM, CarlTheGooner said:

UK assault vest. But still like I've said a few times now, my bar was over half. I shouldn't be not able to sprint. It's all good. Will have been a glitch. Lost a 3 day old fully geared character tho. Ah well. 

If you got your gear soaked by rain or a water source, it will weigh you down quite a bit, until you dry off.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:57 AM, CarlTheGooner said:

There could be a better way to tell you're carrying too much to be able to sprint or jump. I just got killed because I couldn't sprint yet my stamina bar was well over half full. I could still pick things straight up to inventory so I wasn't full, and I know it's hardcore survival and that's why I love it. 

I'm not sure whether it was a bug, a glitch or working as intended but again, I could pick stuff up and my stamina bar was well over half full so I'm at a loss here. 

Its happened to me a couple of times i think it has something to do with the backpacks cause if i drop my backpack on the ground then jump then pick my backpack up i can run and jump again pretty sure its a bug

On 12/09/2018 at 6:06 AM, Powell x91 said:

I dont know how much gear you had but its probably wasnt glitched; Your stamina will be at half a bar if you're unable to sprint/jump due to carrying too much gear. 

I have been able to sprint and jump at times where my stamina bar was well below half (closer to quarter), and then other times I haven’t been able to sprint after dropping all of my gear. There is definitely a bug with this, and I have submitted a report.

On other occasions I have been unable to walk correctly, but then whilst going prone I could swim around the map at sprinting pace without my stamina going down.

Edited by TameGamerMT

Ok. I've watched the video back a few times now, because it's happened again, I haven't died but I haven't been able to run. I WASN'T OVER WEIGHT! Lol cartman. I've had the bug loads of times now, can't run or jump, well it looks like you can't but in fact you are because the stamina bar goes down but when you jump you jump about 2 inches and when you run it's like you're having a nightmare where you're running but not getting anywhere. Like running underwater. Hope this clears it up for the late commenters. Man it feels like I made this post 6 months ago. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner

17 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Ok. I've watched the video back a few times now, because it's happened again, I haven't died but I haven't been able to run. I WASN'T OVER WEIGHT! Lol cartman. I've had the bug loads of times now, can't run or jump, well it looks like you can't but in fact you are because the stamina bar goes down but when you jump you jump about 2 inches and when you run it's like you're having a nightmare where you're running but not getting anywhere. Like running underwater. Hope this clears it up for the late commenters. Man it feels like I made this post 6 months ago. 

If you have a melee weapon, equip it to hand and hold LT. This fixes the bug for me. I think we're having the same one. Can't jump and when you run it feels like you're in Looney Toons, just running in place.

When I've had that problem I often find that crouching allows me to move at sprint speeds. Sometimes it goes away after a minute or two but when it doesn't I just switch server and that always fixes it for me.