THYERS

ATTN DEVS - Magazine gun glitch

Can't seem to get a verification email to put this in the feedback section so I'll put it here.

If you have a magazine in hand and you equip you gun (no magazine attatched), you lose the magazine.  The preview shows the magazine attatched to the gun but you are unable to remove it and it doesn't show as attatched to the weapon when not in inventory.  Basically rendering the gun useless, very frustrating when you finally are able to put a mag for the UMP on the gun then take it off reload it then stumble upon this glitch.

Sounds a lot like the same bug for when you pick up a mag and have the gun on your back and the mag and gun are rendered useless.

This bug has been reported to the feedback tracker for some weeks now.

I'm sure they are addressing it.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 10:10 PM, EnforcingSkullsX said:

There is actually a fix for this.. It worked for me and my buddy. You have to put the gun in your hand or on the ground (try both if the first doesn't work) And go to the slot where the mag is at and press Y and then A while hovering over the mag. I don't know if pressing them fast makes a difference and I haven't tried it with the gun being in my hand yet but my buddy said it works. Then from there you reload the mag and then pop it back into the gun. Best of luck to you! Reply back if you have any other questions about it. 

• Like 2

@ApexOutlaw Hopefully this fix that Apex posted will work for you, however, I see that your problem may be a little bit different. 

22 hours ago, THYERS said:

The preview shows the magazine attatched to the gun but you are unable to remove it and it doesn't show as attatched to the weapon when not in inventory.  Basically rendering the gun useless,

Even though I couldn't take the mag out it always showed as attached, even when the gun was on the ground. Your problem seems to be that you can't see the mag when you put the gun on the ground, which may make this solution useless. I would try dropping it on the ground anyways and hovering over the blank space where the mag would be, then trying this. If that doesn't work, try holding the gun in your hand and see if the mag stays in the gun, then try the same thing. Best of luck!

• Like 2

Tried everything suggested but no joy, it seems to happen randomly now.  I thought I'd learned how to avoid it but happened again to my silenced AKM, another gun for the scrap heap :(

Yes, that 'fix' doesnt always work.

The glitch he has is when on the attachment slots for the weapon; the magazine slot is empty but looking at the weapon in game it has a magazine attached; thus not allowing the removement of the magazine by holding A or Y respectively. 

Literally the weapon has to be replaced; the gun is glitched, not the magazine or ammo etc because the magazines would go on another weapon system of the same type but not the weapon in question. Narrowing the fault down to the weapon not a bugged mag or attachment.

• Like 1

The other glitch is when there is a magazine attached but wont take rounds from the magazine to the chamber, this can be fixed and is when you follow the steps posted above.

• Like 1

Guess it's just something we have to deal with for now.

• Beans 1

29 minutes ago, THYERS said:

Guess it's just something we have to deal with for now.

Unfortunately. 

My advice, keep the glitched weapon with you until finding a replacement. Once you find one; swap out all attachments onto the new weapon by using on the ground/in hands and not by putting the glitched weapon back in your inventory just drop it straight from your hands once you find the new one. 

DO NOT DROP THE GLITCHED WEAPON NEAR THE REPLACEMENT!!! Causes it to glitch too. 

Suppose you can drop the attachments but most times I have no space for them so just carry on my back left attached to the 2nd 2 handed weapon.

• Like 1

I had room in my bag so I ditched the gun and kept the scope and suppressor.  Something about having the gun that annoyed me still in my inventory I didn't like lol. That s**t be gone!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THYERS said:

I had room in my bag so I ditched the gun and kept the scope and suppressor.  Something about having the gun that annoyed me still in my inventory I didn't like lol. That s**t be gone!

Hahaha yeah, dont blame you...its like look at what you could be using haha 

• Haha 1