Rekurv

Gamma exploit still under consideration?

Hello!

very happy to see the gamma slider gone, and also improvements being worked on to hand held lighting...awesome !

It is still very easy for someone to alt +tab out and turn up gamma on their graphics card settings. Just wanted to know if this exploit is still under consideration, and planned to be worked on at some stage in the future, as night time is a big part of DayZ. Or is the removal of the gamma slider the final solution?

Anyways, loving the new engine, looking forward to seeing all the old and new content in. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

I tried to up the gamma through both Windows and Nvidia control panel but both to no avail. Could you effectively increase the gamma outside the game then?

• Beans 1

57 minutes ago, amadieus said:

I tried to up the gamma through both Windows and Nvidia control panel but both to no avail. Could you effectively increase the gamma outside the game then?

Your screen has gamma too..  <sigh>

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Your screen has gamma too..  <sigh>

While I can see that my sentence can be read in two ways, there is no reason to act like some wannabe wise ass. I only shared my experiences while asking for his. Obviously I know you can do it through your screen but I simply have not tried it myself.

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 2

22 hours ago, amadieus said:

Yep. Personally I use MSI dragon gaming center, but yes you can definitely increase the gamma (very effectively) outside the game. The game obviously does not look as nice and it might not be as clear as day but the advantage over someone who is not using the exploit is huge.

I might make it a point to not shoot anyone I see actually running around with a torch or chemlight or flare etc. because I know how much fun it is to play the game like this...

Edited by Rekurv
  • Like 3
  • Beans 3

Yeah, I really hope they'll find a way to avoid this exploit. It really ruins the realistic experience.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

But the night brings no real survival benefits compared to the day yet. The only fact so far is who plays with High Gamma is superior to the players who play with normal settings.

So far, only the Infected are a little less alert to the players (which could be the biggest advantage in some areas if they are really dangerous!).

If all the animals that are planned are implemented in the game, they should, depending on the species, be faster and easier to hunt at night than during the day. (This should also have an impact on traps, the night needs more Advantageous Incentives ).

• Like 1