Sign in to follow this  
redmantab

Every 3 mo over last 5 years I try Dayz Again...

I was right months ago when I created this thread.  Dead on.  Don't want to be.  This could of been the best survival experience on PC.  But I am dead on.  1.0 and Dayz overall is a pretty huge disappointment for all.  Broken and klunky. 

Go watch all the you tube videos of broken zombies and mechanics in 1.0.  Heck, load in yourself and see the mess.  Zombies stuck in the world, beyond poor melee and hit detection, and persistence isn't working.  Still.  If you can even get past the broken joke of a server browser.  Dead God - that's a browser!?  Hardly any survival mechanics.  Barely any.  There was more to do here years ago.

After 5-6 years there is hardly any progress, hardly any of the unique features, and a broken klunky "1.0" game.  Try almost anything else on steam that has been announced, put through alpha, beta, and fully released in a far better condition while Dayz still is a mess.  Games announced and put in alpha this year have better melee combat that doesn't feel like a broken 1988 pc game, better UI menus, server browsers that aren't a joke, and actual hit detection with npcs.  Dayz's melee with zombies is embarrasing.  The zombies themselves, with their absurd klunky movement and pathetic bugs, are out right embarrassing.

Sad to see the poor progress and development.  Cheers boyz.  As I said above, put this ol' horse out to pasture.  It be antiquated.  It be broken.  It be dead ;(

Whats wrong with 1988? 1988 was a great year.  It braught us super mario bros 2 and 3, zelda 2 the adventure of link, and megaman 2.  Not to mention its only 3 years behind lemmings and duke nukem.  You could even go way farther back then that.  Oregon trail is from 1971 and its a Funkin masterpiece!

Same here...tested 0.63 a few months ago and was shocked by the lack of content ....a pure showcase and boring walking sim that was for me. Uninstalled the game to wait for beta and 1.0 to give it another fair try. But after playing and testing the current version for a week now I am going to uninstall the game again today. There is still such a massive amount of missing, not polished, unfinished, and unballanced content that it is simply boring. If it wouldn't be for hostile players or server crashes one could endlessly walk in circles around the map without any real risk or threat. To be honest there is neither a reason to fight and kill other players for resources and gear nor to build a community . Not even basebuilding and cars fulfill any real purpose without all the other game mechnics in place. 

On top of that..a lot of the stuff that is in, is buggy ...may it be car physics...radiotowers of death....wrong position of items in your hand or on your back....sound issues...wrong textures for  different damage states...buggy serverbrowser...server crashes...persistance wipes...etc. Not even speaking about overcomplicated keybindings and controls that make even walking around a pain in the ass (no autorun...no toggle for walk/ run)

I will try again in a few months ....maybe