Shadowvamp

The state of current gameplay

19 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Re-read the OP's post. 

I did that several times and thought at the end that BioHaze is referring to a already deleted post.

You focus on the wrong things. It is normal that they have zero knowledge of what has been going on with the game.

Focus on this part.

1 hour ago, ImageCtrl said:

It is normal feedback, like 90% of the new players will have in this build.
The thread could end with "ok, you were right, I played a few more hours and there is no problem, thanks for the info that some indicators are missing and that nothing is final, check the boats for food was an awesome tip". But he is gone.

^^Is that part wrong?

Scare him off vs invite him.

Don't get me wrong, BioHaze did an awesome job in other threads where it was needed.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

I did that several times and thought at the end that BioHaze is referring to a already deleted post.

You focus on the wrong things. It is normal that they have zero knowledge of what has been going on with the game.

Focus on this part.

^^Is that part wrong?

Scare him off vs invite him.

It is not normal that they have zero knowledge of what has been going on.  It's called common sense.  

Example:  I have a house being built, I don't go to the contractor and start screaming at him why the roof isn't on when the foundation just got laid out.  Common fucking sense

Can you focus one second on the part that I think is important? Thats the part I marked with "Focus on this part."

3 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

Can you focus one second on the part that I think is important? Thats the part I marked with "Focus on this part."

Except, the OP didn't state that.  His second sentence was "Honestly, you should switch the name to hunger simulator"

To be honest, I have been disgusted with how long the development was taking until I read about them rebuilding the game engine.  It's sad that people compare the development of this game to other franchises that use an already established game engine to regurgitate multiple copies of their games.  CoD and BF are prime examples.

13 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

His second sentence was "Honestly, you should switch the name to hunger simulator"

It will be always a riddell why he made this joke.
At least as long as you ignore the rest.

"I started back up playing DayZ the last few days... My personal views.

Honestly, you should switch the name to hunger simulator, because that's all I do is look for my next meal...  Aside from that, im enjoying the game again."

A hungry guy, nothing more. Easy to explain how he survive.

Edited by ImageCtrl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

It will be always be a riddell why he made this joke.
At least as long as you ignore the rest.

"I started back up playing DayZ the last few days... My personal views.

Honestly, you should switch the name to hunger simulator, because that's all I do is look for my next meal..."

A hungry guy, nothing more. Easy to explain how he survive.

It's a riddle why people buy incomplete games in the first place. 

Fact:  Majority of people confuse early access games as "Pre-purchase" 

2 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Fact:  Majority of people confuse early access games as "Pre-purchase" 

Spreading random offtopic facts... distracting from the real problem... I know all tricks. Some fall in this trap. Some might think: "hey thats true..." and give you beans for that.

• Beans 1

Just now, ImageCtrl said:

Spreading random offtopic facts... distracting from the real problem... I know all tricks. Some fall in this trap. Some might think: "hey thats true..." and give you beans for that.

Please enlighten me on what the real problem is?

2 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Please enlighten me on what the real problem is?

The part that you ignore. The part I marked with "focus on this part".

Edited by ImageCtrl
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

The part that you ignore. The part I maked with "focus on this part".

Dude, there is nothing to focus on.  The OP, just like every other person that makes a rage post about the state of the game, obviously bought it thinking it was a complete game. Instead of focusing on looking for bugs and testing out mechanics, they try to play DayZ like it's a full released game and get pissed off when something isn't working.

Hell, I haven't touched .62 in over a year because nothing was going on and I only check out .63 once in a bit to "test" how things are progressing.  I really hope that the devs stick to their vision of DayZ being a gritty hardcore survival game where running as fast as you can to the NWAF will get you killed faster than people creating rage posts on why they can't run to the NWAF to gear up.

Edited by Guy Smiley

Long after OP has been chased away, here we are still beating a dead hose...

I think what @Dancing.Russian.Man was getting at, was that as the regulars who have closely followed development and know the ins-and-outs of each iteration, we would be more helpful orienting newcomers to the current state of the game, rather than screaming at them to get off the lawn.

While I do make comments about the disclaimer, it's not meant to say "this is what it is, take-it-or-leave-it."  Rather that certain things are to be expected, and will need to be overcome by players seeking to have anything close to a full and enjoyable experience at this time..  I've answered a lot of questions from various steam friends who have taken a break, and are aghast about the lack of content in .63.  I have literally been asked why they took away 75% of the game, and had to explain that they are reworking all the new assets, as well as adding more intricate animations; and this will take time.

Obviously, many of the new additions need balancing; and perhaps a few need to be reconsidered/reworked.  Like it or not, many players come to DayZ after watching streams or youtube videos of top level play--much of this from older patches that were working relatively well.  I think it's safe to say that the learning curve has steepened significantly with the addition of stamina, and the relatively unintuitive UI indicators.  I think a few of us have starved to death in the first iteration of .63, and learned to persevere easily based on a body of knowledge gained through experience.  New, and many returning players do not have that same experience.

I've seen various posts about the opacity of the crafting system, and the lack of any in-game reference materials; meaning that new players have to go do a few hours of homework on the wiki, much like many of us had done ourselves.  I do think the game should have pamphlets and/or posters detailing crafting and survival techniques.  Not only to help out new players, but to also add depth to the immersive environment.

I can only imagine how difficult the game must be for a newcomer, with the beastly dangerous infected, somewhat brutal stamina system, and the tendency of the energy and hydration indicators ostensibly giving you the all-clear when in reality , you are still only a few hundred meters of sprinting from another emergency.

Maybe we could try a little harder to politely explain why the roof needs to go on after the walls, to those not personally familiar with the process; and maybe provide some tips and tricks for surviving in a house without electricity or plumbing.

• Beans 5

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

So his frustration is valid but the people who have to read the 6th thread complaining about the same thing because he can't bother to search or merely skim other thread titles, aren't supposed to feel frustration?

I said within reason.

And I have to agree with @emuthreat that this thread is indeed just a dead off-topic horse now, so I'm letting it out of its misery.

• Beans 1