Sign in to follow this  
Mays (DayZ)

Longest time you've stayed alive?

In real life time, roughly.

For me, it's about 7 real life hours. On and off I'd do hour 'sprees' on DayZ, on an American server cause the darkness on a UK server is horrible when you have no gear. I started in Solnichniy, went to Berezino, fount an ATV, got told to get off otherwise he'd kill me.. then I'm heading to Scary Sobor. In Polana atm.

If you can, explain why you've lived this long, and what your journey has been :)

idk, looted airfield by cherno then crouch ran to that farm just below stary. too an odd circle route around and over a mountain to ditch a sniper, but he got me as i moved across the open field... as I was bandaging myself form a unlucky zombie spawning at the doorway of the small room i was looting.

I lasted 9 days once (about 18 hours). I did this by raiding barns and deer stands mainly. It got a bit boring so i hang closer to the hotspots now.

I lasted 9 days once (about 18 hours). I did this by raiding barns and deer stands mainly. It got a bit boring so i hang closer to the hotspots now.

Do you remember how many zeds you killed? Any murders? My record is 59 zombies and 3 murders. Usually I last about 4 hours because that's how long it takes me to gear up before I go on a zed-rampage and usually get shot by bandits.

Do you remember how many zeds you killed? Any murders? My record is 59 zombies and 3 murders. Usually I last about 4 hours because that's how long it takes me to gear up before I go on a zed-rampage and usually get shot by bandits.

I think i got close to 130 zeds but 0 murders. I usually avoided players at all costs. I think i actually died by falling off a deer stand!

About 16 hours over a period of 5 days. Died by getting stuck on some stairs in a house that leads to a door that can not be opened. (you know the house) The hall was too narrow to turn around and zombies came up behind me, knocked me out and ate me.

As I could not turn around or back up I don't think there was a single thing I could have done. Other than not get into that position to begin with obviously.

Also, I only killed about 35 Zeds and zero murders. It's obvious from those stats I kept alive by avoiding player contact.

A bit of useless trivia: This was my one and only ever female character.

Day 11 in game, around 2 weeks and half IRL. Mostly roaming up in the north as a loner, avoiding zombie kills but stalking for some players, not killing them but observing how the human life goes during those hard times, only drinking cooked meat and bottled pound water.

I died to a server spawning me in mid-air, falling to my death...

My current char is around day 6 or 7 I believe, I got every tools in the game, ghillie and nvg's. I've a DMR, still looking for an AS50 and a SVD Camo.

I hope this one will last longer :)

A few months IRL, I started playing a few months ago and I'm still alive.

I got lucky a few times, though. Looked death in the eyes. But I guess the Lord of all Avatars is looking out for me.

4 days...then a server hopper killed me in NEAF... popped in right behind me under the stairs in the com tower...bastard

I think I'm on 32 days now, 30+ at the least. Don't be greedy in looting all of your kills, if you do, wait a long time -- You've just fired a shot and alerted everyone in the area, possibly even their friends who may not have come in to view and are waiting. I usually use bodies as bait and you'd be amazed how many people turn up after 10 minutes.

I've got all the gear I need anyway, so I'm just after ammo, food and drink. Capable of getting all that elsewhere...

3 Dayz days...not sure how long that is is human hours...I'm always raiding towns so I live on the brink! ;-)

Day 22 ingame. 138 zeds, 4 murders. Got lucky few times when i should have been dead, mainly running into survivors within a few meters, and they didnt shoot. I find the most useful tips to be staking out whatever you are going to loot for 10 minutes and NEVER moving in open fields he best tips.

19 DayZ days. 350 or so zombie kills and 4 murders.

Made it to about 10 days with 200+ zombie kills once. I respawned that char because he straddled the 'respawn without a weapon' update, and I wanted to do my duty as a tester and try it out.

In my mind, he got away from Chernarus and started a new life in the hills! He had full camping gear and was living off water and hunted meat by that point anyway.

I have no idea about game hours. But IRL its longer than month, my char is from the time when you spawned with makaroni :) I have about 700 zombie kills and 4 murders. I have ghillie, nvg, m4cco and 50.cal. More than I need. Mostly I would roam alone scavenging smaller towns and gear stands (see what i did there?;)) More recently I occasionally team up with 3-4 my friedns on mumble and we hunt players on the coast just for the lulz. When they log off I return to the inland. Always moving from cover to cover. Never run on full, always crouched, never move across open field, if there is no other option I will scout the area for at least 10 minutes. Iam silent cautious backstabbing bastard who is spotted only moments before you die. :D BTW I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOD! :D

My current character has 197 zombie kills and 1 murder. 5 dayz days. I'm in berenzino. I made the mistake of stepping in some water and lost my gear with my alice pack so I had to gather food and water in berenzino market. The one murder I committed happened in there. I was going out the front door when I saw 2 guys coming down the street.

They saw me so I ran back inside and quickly went through the back door and through in alley. Right then I heard a grenade go off in the building I was in. I decided I was being hunted and would have to defend myself. I flanked them through a side building and could see only 1 in prone position from the side so I opened fire he stood up but soon fell to the ground dead. Then i saw his buddy in a ghillie suit take off running. I lost him so I got scared and hid in a corner for 10 mins. Now all I have is the Lee Einfield and after firing it I got trapped by 30 plus zombies on the hospital roof.

0 murder, around 3-8 zombie kills in 8 hours. It's the longest time I'm alive right now, since I just started two days ago and I had a hard time finding a good server and earning experience in general.

12-13 days, not really sure. 650 zombie kills, 3 murders (all were assholes who killed my friends) and 1 bandit kill. Im a friendly guy. Had so many close calls I dont care to count them anymore.

7 dayz days something like 300 zombie kills 0 murders 5 bandit kills but I feel like I shouldn't be just standing around all the time so ill always make my way to a town or an airfield get greedy and end up trapped by zeds from shooting or shot in the head by another player but hey that's the game and I know it will happen but I love to gamble and press my luck

God, I died! Was in Stary and got killed by two bandits! They had a bike each.

I re-spawned, I'm in Cherno, but I've killed 80 Zombies already.. STUPID ENFIELD IS TOO LOUD!