Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 12 December 2017

Holy shit devs, this is AMAZING! This game is gonna be awesome I'm sure of it. I can't wait to test the new melee system! I am sure it will add a lot of deph to gameplay overall.

Really good job tbh, I'm really hyped for the final product, I think this game is going to make a really huge success, specially once mods come out. Now that Pubg kinda made this whole survival thing even more popular, DayZ has again a golden oportunity here imho.

Damn, I miss this game. Can't wait for the next update! Everything looks great, what a amazing job you people are doing. The reloading animation, damn it looks good. This game already had great shoting mechanics and feel, this will bring it to a whole new level.

Edited by Avant-Garde

On 12/30/2017 at 5:01 PM, Avant-Garde said:

Now that Pubg kinda made this whole survival thing even more popular, DayZ has again a golden oportunity here imho.

If you think about it, PUBG's type of survival is completely different compared to DayZ as they're two different types of games. PUBG's survival is more of a FFA (free for all) where there's no diseases, gardening, etc. whereas, DayZ, has those things while having a more in-depth survival mechanic than PUBG so neither game can even be considered as having the same type of survival mechanic.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2018 at 3:05 PM, LordBlackwolf said:

If you think about it, PUBG's type of survival is completely different compared to DayZ as they're two different types of games. PUBG's survival is more of a FFA (free for all) where there's no diseases, gardening, etc. whereas, DayZ, has those things while having a more in-depth survival mechanic than PUBG so neither game can even be considered as having the same type of survival mechanic.

That is true man,

I do believe that once someone maks a pubg mod, this game is gonna blow up in popularity again. It has a much better shooting mechanic and balistics, better guns, better map, better graphics, better melee mechanics etc, it is overall just a better game, much more refined and well made imho. I would love to play it man, but indeed it would have to remove hunger, thirst, zombies and probably even stamina and all that, basically dumb down the survival aspect to focuss on the deathmatch side of things. Would be fun I think.

Edited by Avant-Garde

9 hours ago, Avant-Garde said:

I do believe that once someone maks a pubg mod,

Battle Royale. It's called a Battle Royale mod, people. :)

Aaaaand a month later and still no status report ... thanks for being so terrible at developing and transparency in the home stretch BI , as of this point it’s just a silly waiting game when we should be testing that.63 patch ... but you keep perfecting that build for those investors dayz , I’m sure it’s more worth an actual player base .

.63 maybe in spring , and in half assed shape at this point due to hardly any insight on the progress of half of the supposed “beta features”. Sad development strategy here , the game literally just halted in development ever since .61 debuted (was that really seven months ago?) and it hasn’t gotten any better since - not to mention devs have just stopped responding to people, no news updates on any of the typical venues , and worst part is the forums are drying up with no new info just fanboy ramblings.

I sincerely hope the devs come out from under that rock they’ve been living at for the last seven months and get to developing ... i want this game to be fun again , but at 2k hours of playtime I can’t bring myself to play the Desync ridden , coastal wars , broKen vehicles dayz (vehicles break after being used on the server for more than a week). There was a time when all that didn’t matter but here we sit more than four years later and the game plays very similar to how it was 2 years ago but without the fun of vehicles being smooth like they once were .

Hell even star citizen hit its monumental patch before dayz reached its long talked about beta - and that’s just sad .

Edited by blackberrygoo
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Aaaaand a month later and still no status report ... thanks for being so terrible at developing and transparency in the home stretch BI , as of this point it’s just a silly waiting game when we should be testing that.63 patch ... but you keep perfecting that build for those investors dayz , I’m sure it’s more worth an actual player base .

.63 maybe in spring , and in half assed shape at this point due to hardly any insight on the progress of half of the supposed “beta features”. Sad development strategy here , the game literally just halted in development ever since .61 debuted (was that really seven months ago?) and it hasn’t gotten any better since - not to mention devs have just stopped responding to people, no news updates on any of the typical venues , and worst part is the forums are drying up with no new info just fanboy ramblings.

I sincerely hope the devs come out from under that rock they’ve been living at for the last seven months and get to developing ... i want this game to be fun again , but at 2k hours of playtime I can’t bring myself to play the Desync ridden , coastal wars , broKen vehicles dayz (vehicles break after being used on the server for more than a week). There was a time when all that didn’t matter but here we sit more than four years later and the game plays very similar to how it was 2 years ago but without the fun of vehicles being smooth like they once were .

Hell even star citizen hit its monumental patch before dayz reached its long talked about beta - and that’s just sad .

Thanks for the laugh and while you're at it, here's a handkerchief to wipe away those tears. Seriously though, instead of bitching and moaning about how long it's taking for 0.63 to come out, why not create a game from scratch (ie: not using a premade engine), with the complexity/size/vision/etc. of DayZ and let us know how long it takes for you to make it while ironing out any bugs that come along that prevents you from progressing any further until you fix them. Then and only then, can people like you (doubtful) comprehend that creating a game like DayZ isn't easy. #RollingWithTheTrolls

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

At this point, and I really defend the Game to any blood drop, add people from the steam forums and explain to them, write entire paragraphs I've got to say that it's not the problem of the wait. It's not the problem of it being an unfinished product. But it really starts to ache participating in Early Access but not being actually granted any Early Access. Literally None.

Also LordBlackwolf, he isn't complaining about it's bugs or it's unfinishedness. He is critisizing the lack of insight. The devs say, and I for myself know it for fact, that Beta's gonna be a gamechanger. But we haven't actually seen (Besides the guns from the Gamescom demo) any guns like the AKM being actually used apart from being held in one hand. And right now who of us, as the Hard Fans and those very Informed of the development know whats going on? Even though I know Server Performance, Input Lag and all that is going to be hugely improved the last information we have is the rough status report from december 12th. 

Edited by Mr.Bobi
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 10:08 PM, LordBlackwolf said:

Thanks for the laugh and while you're at it, here's a handkerchief to wipe away those tears. Seriously though, instead of bitching and moaning about how long it's taking for 0.63 to come out, why not create a game from scratch (ie: not using a premade engine), with the complexity/size/vision/etc. of DayZ and let us know how long it takes for you to make it while ironing out any bugs that come along that prevents you from progressing any further until you fix them. Then and only then, can people like you (doubtful) comprehend that creating a game like DayZ isn't easy. #RollingWithTheTrolls

Don’t defend broken dev cycles - they have been getting less organized and more secretive ever since .62 dropped , and that’s not a good thing at this stage of development ... they went to every game expo under the sun to advertise a half baked version of .63 when it would have been more effective to just haul ass to push it out to the experimental, and here we wait still  . Before it  was easy to see where the dayz devs were going in direction with the game , it was easy before .62 to get info and talk to the devs to see what their thoughts are on everything or to even ask them what the holdup was (and they would usually give an answer even if vague). Now it seems like we’re talking to a brick wall , and the only thing that responds is the incessant nagging of an overly protective community of white knights ; which is getting smaller every month it seems .

With the new community manager takeover (baty speaking for the entire dev team) I felt that the forums were headed toward a very authoritarian feel ; we get it, the devs are busy - like they always have been - but this situation seems like an easy way to cut off all questions to developers , they slowly but surely made the pull out as great informers for their game on their twitters and now the forums ; now they (eugen , Brian , dayz dev team twitter) are strangers and all we have is this one CM to relay the (approved) info to us - never has the dayz dev cycle felt so impersonal and impossible to communicate with . 

I feel like the development cycle was going incredibly fast before , when Brian informed us patches would be coming out slower (but more content in each)  I accepted that , but since then we haven’t seen ANY patches worthy of note . Just some Xmas presents and “security updates” , and on top of that the devs are acting like everything’s going as normal , it’s not ... we are on the cusp of “the most monumental patch for dayz standalone”’ yet the devs keep giving us the same old runaround in the status reports , the same old cold shoulder to issues and questions about the game , not ever mentioning any estimates (I can live with that I suppose if they weren’t so silent) and what’s worse is we don’t even have a finger on what the hell is going on behind the scenes like we used to due to aforementioned communication issues .

i know you people don’t like criticism in your little safe space here , but fact of the matter is I’m losing respect for the developers way of moving along towards beta - while many others are doing the same all we really want is to voice our opinion and hear why the devs are being so damn secretive , if they want to surprise us that’s fine but that doesn’t mean you let the forums , trello , and twitters all dry up of ANY Information related to the future of dayz .. they should be giving us teasers , leaks and other things like they used to do - especially as we are closer to beta so that interest can peak at one of its most important times in the games history .

I don’t even know what to tell friends who are interested in dayz sa anymore , all I can say are the facts ; we haven’t gotten a patch that’s changed ANYTHING significant in almost a year now , and the devs won’t talk to us like they used to , but Worst part is the first person servers are drying up and it’s becoming harder to play the game how I want due to the lowest player count In history . That’s what I tell friends and it’s the absolute truth unfortunately, dayz sa was But the novelty has worn off - we want some communication and ultimately we want to see some progress in this , the most important time to dayz besides its future 1.0 release .

Edited by blackberrygoo

Another great point. We've had so much come through the trello but these days we are just being kept in the dark, except with the status report which isn't there yet making it painfull.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:25 AM, blackberrygoo said:

Don’t defend broken dev cycles - they have been getting less organized and more secretive ever since .62 dropped , and that’s not a good thing at this stage of development ... they went to every game expo under the sun to advertise a half baked version of .63 when it would have been more effective to just haul ass to push it out to the experimental, and here we wait still  . Before it  was easy to see where the dayz devs were going in direction with the game , it was easy before .62 to get info and talk to the devs to see what their thoughts are on everything or to even ask them what the holdup was (and they would usually give an answer even if vague). Now it seems like we’re talking to a brick wall , and the only thing that responds is the incessant nagging of an overly protective community of white knights ; which is getting smaller every month it seems .

With the new community manager takeover (baty speaking for the entire dev team) I felt that the forums were headed toward a very authoritarian feel ; we get it, the devs are busy - like they always have been - but this situation seems like an easy way to cut off all questions to developers , they slowly but surely made the pull out as great informers for their game on their twitters and now the forums ; now they (eugen , Brian , dayz dev team twitter) are strangers and all we have is this one CM to relay the (approved) info to us - never has the dayz dev cycle felt so impersonal and impossible to communicate with . 

I feel like the development cycle was going incredibly fast before , when Brian informed us patches would be coming out slower (but more content in each)  I accepted that , but since then we haven’t seen ANY patches worthy of note . Just some Xmas presents and “security updates” , and on top of that the devs are acting like everything’s going as normal , it’s not ... we are on the cusp of “the most monumental patch for dayz standalone”’ yet the devs keep giving us the same old runaround in the status reports , the same old cold shoulder to issues and questions about the game , not ever mentioning any estimates (I can live with that I suppose if they weren’t so silent) and what’s worse is we don’t even have a finger on what the hell is going on behind the scenes like we used to due to aforementioned communication issues .

i know you people don’t like criticism in your little safe space here , but fact of the matter is I’m losing respect for the developers way of moving along towards beta - while many others are doing the same all we really want is to voice our opinion and hear why the devs are being so damn secretive , if they want to surprise us that’s fine but that doesn’t mean you let the forums , trello , and twitters all dry up of ANY Information related to the future of dayz .. they should be giving us teasers , leaks and other things like they used to do - especially as we are closer to beta so that interest can peak at one of its most important times in the games history .

I don’t even know what to tell friends who are interested in dayz sa anymore , all I can say are the facts ; we haven’t gotten a patch that’s changed ANYTHING significant in almost a year now , and the devs won’t talk to us like they used to , but Worst part is the first person servers are drying up and it’s becoming harder to play the game how I want due to the lowest player count In history . That’s what I tell friends and it’s the absolute truth unfortunately, dayz sa was But the novelty has worn off - we want some communication and ultimately we want to see some progress in this , the most important time to dayz besides its future 1.0 release .

I agree with you about the player count currently being really low, but that's happened throughout DayZ SA's development cycle as people like to test the newest features/items for a little bit then stop playing until the next patch arrives. This isn't the only game I've seen that with, and it won't be the last one either. You say that the dev's been secretive, but the question is, are they really being secretive or are they concentrating on getting 0.63 out as quickly as possible? You have to realize that the more time they spend on the forums answering questions, the less time they're spending working on 0.63. I get the frustration, and yes, it can be frustrating not having the devs coming on the forums like they had previously in the past but I'd rather they spend more time working on the next patch than coming on here and taking time away from being spent working on 0.63. 

As for having a community manager to relay questions to the devs  and then getting an "approved" response to us. You have to realize that all responses are carefully "vetted' so that just enough information is given out without actually giving out a whole lot. You can't expect developers of any game to spend time on the forums/twitter/trello without taking away from more important work they could be doing elsewhere (working on patches, etc.) which only makes things go slower.  Honestly, I'd just tell your friends that while DayZ SA is in a playable state, that it may be better to hold off on purchasing due to the fact that there currently aren't many people playing the game or to even wait until we hit 1.0 before purchasing as things should be development should be progressing faster by then.