Sign in to follow this  
exacomvm

Dead Military Soldier ( Dynamic Event )

Title explains everything, this dynamic event could add some more immersion and realism, the dead soldier could be anyone, like a guy survived heli crash and died on his path or whatever comes to mind. Ofcourse that should include loot such as compass and weapon ready to use, could be w/o or with ammo.

• Like 1

I could see that being fun. A chopper pilot maybe a blood trail or some clues to follow maybe he could be found in a barn or toolshed looking for shelter with the appropriate gear a pilot would have. Same could be done with the military checkpoints Have a guard dead in his post with appropriate gear of course it should be worn maybe he could be a skeleton or heavily decomposed so you would risk disease if you mess with his gear and not clean it first. supposedly they are not gona add any corpses or anything because of there sandbox excuse but this would make a great mod.

• Like 1

It's been a long time since the infection started and all people and military left the area. This is why all towns and raods are overgrown and most military vehicles rusted. By that time the corpse would most likely already have been consumed by the infected.

16 minutes ago, nl said:

It's been a long time since the infection started and all people and military left the area. This is why all towns and raods are overgrown and most military vehicles rusted. By that time the corpse would most likely already have been consumed by the infected.

Heli crashes like 5mins ago and he already eaten in open field for example ? He possibly could have killed all the zombies on his path thats why u would find a weapon with low or no ammo and himself would be dead from bleed out or some other condition. Remember that these crash sites is "Dynamic" also with smoke which means they crashed recently.

Edited by exacomvm

1 hour ago, nl said:

IF all the people left the area then there would be no DAYZ wouldnt there? And i doubt that the military just left the area ...they probly died turning action...maybe some escaped and get caught by death later on.

Anyway...dayz producers should release some more lore about the dayz world... what happened exactly and what else is going on in the world.That would make easier to suggest things that fit the dayz world rather than arguing about them.  But on second thought our suggestions and stuff will probly make the dayz lore.

Good suggestion i like it myself

1 hour ago, exacomvm said:

Heli crashes like 5mins ago and he already eaten in open field for example ? He possibly could have killed all the zombies on his path thats why u would find a weapon with low or no ammo and himself would be dead from bleed out or some other condition. Remember that these crash sites is "Dynamic" also with smoke which means they crashed recently.

Yeah, that would be the only scenario I guess in which it could make sense.

US Army vet here: We carry our dead. NMLB. Also, we police up the weapons and gear so the enemy cannot get their hands on them....

Probably best to just add dead bodies in/around the crash sites, give them loot slots like zombies I suppose...

As for the crashed helis, they should REALLY consider retexturing them, since they look like they crashed 30 damn years ago and were abandoned, same with the rest of DayZ... Not really sure how we're supposed to just accept that we're an adult waking up in the middle of nowhere in Chernarus; I have to agree, they should at least attempt to write some lore.... Doesn't even need much, just needs something other than "There's zombies around, go collect survival items"...

I like the idea, although given that they're supposed to have been dead for a long time instead of a bloodied corpse it should be a skeleton next to really dried up blood stains with a badly damaged gun and a magazine with a random amount of rounds inside. It also doesn't just have to be a dead soldier either, it could be anyone, and the clothing and backpack that spawns (which will also be badly damaged) will vary depending on the type of skeleton spawned, and may have other loose items inside the pack (such as spare ammo, survival supplies, medical supplies etc.)

Edited by atempleton@live.com.au
  • Like 1