SFRGaming

New Hive Situation

Came back to the game when 0.62 hit stable and I'm currently loving the patch.

However, I am concerned about one thing. The devs announced the new hive situation where the official servers have their own hive, privately-owned public servers have their own, and then private shards have their own as well.

Now I am aware that there's a glitch where all the privately-owned public servers are pretty much acting like private hives currently and they are working to fix that.

However, my concern is moving the official public servers to a different hive than the privately-owned public servers has hurt the public server population.

My friends and I liked being able to play the official servers while all of the public servers had their own hive, yet since the changes were made, we have seen a significant drop in people playing on the official servers.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Its have now more "officials server" and let us wait, the changes will be come in future.

The official public servers have always been relatively low population from what I have seen, mainly down to them not having this amazing "high loot" lol :P

Personally I used to have my community base on a official server due to the low pop then play on rented servers with good admins for action. The way it is now we are actually looking to hold more PvE type events on the official ones. I think it is good that they're separate to edge new players in slowly, not to mention I doubt anyone will target them when it comes to hacks/glitches, so maybe we should just give it some time :) 

They want more control over the official servers from my understanding.
The intention is that  you have just bought the game and you join an official server it will ran by the makers of the game. A genuine experienced rather than some potentially doctored unofficial public server. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SFRGaming said:

However, my concern is moving the official public servers to a different hive than the privately-owned public servers has hurt the public server population

Thoughts ?

If privately owned "public" and open public are on the same hive, then private owners of "open" servers & their friends  gear up in private, kick whoever logs on they don't want, and go play PVP and raid on open public servers where folk are trying to grow beans or killing each other & zombies with pitchforks etc to find gear. The big geared-up raids strip all the good gear from public servers REALLY FAST and take it back to the private "public" servers. You can't go after it (that would be fun) because the "owner" kicks you. Experience has shown that nothing could be done to stop this. I more or less gave up playing last summer because - from France - the closest lowest-ping privately rented "public" server that was REALLY public, was in the USA (gratz good people!). I had LONG lists of all the owned "public" servers I would be locked out, or kicked from immediately or after a few minutes (when the dude noticed me) or when I found 30 tents & 40 barrels standing in rows. Not one of those 'owners' ever spoke to me or even shot me, just kicked.  Perhaps this situation has changed now, but at the time there was nothing to be done about it. Private owners of "public" servers paid less per month than for private servers, ran them as dictators (sometimes with only 2 buddy-players ever permitted in, for instance?) profited hugely, raided big stocks of gear from "real" public servers so they were stripped, and had 100% immunity (in FACT) on their home server. I hope this has changed, but being unable to play - at that time - is mainly what stopped me playing. ; )  Perhaps the intention is that open (unowned) public servers having their own hive will stop gear from being drained off to "kick servers"?  IMO this was forcing a style of play that wrecked the community.       

• Like 4

4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

If privately owned "public" and open public are on the same hive, then private owners of "open" servers & their friends  gear up in private, kick whoever logs on they don't want, and go play PVP and raid on open public servers where folk are trying to grow beans or killing each other & zombies with pitchforks etc to find gear. The big geared-up raids strip all the good gear from public servers REALLY FAST and take it back to the private "public" servers. You can't go after it (that would be fun) because the "owner" kicks you. Experience has shown that nothing could be done to stop this. I more or less gave up playing last summer because - from France - the closest lowest-ping privately rented "public" server that was REALLY public, was in the USA (gratz good people!). I had LONG lists of all the owned "public" servers I would be locked out, or kicked from immediately or after a few minutes (when the dude noticed me) or when I found 30 tents & 40 barrels standing in rows. Not one of those 'owners' ever spoke to me or even shot me, just kicked.  Perhaps this situation has changed now, but at the time there was nothing to be done about it. Private owners of "public" servers paid less per month than for private servers, ran them as dictators (sometimes with only 2 buddy-players ever permitted in, for instance?) profited hugely, raided big stocks of gear from "real" public servers so they were stripped, and had 100% immunity (in FACT) on their home server. I hope this has changed, but being unable to play - at that time - is mainly what stopped me playing. ; )  Perhaps the intention is that open (unowned) public servers having their own hive will stop gear from being drained off to "kick servers"?  IMO this was forcing a style of play that wrecked the community.       

This is sadly true pilgrim, I've seen it countless times where the loot is almost stripped from public hive going to these private owned pubs. from the time the public hive goes live and the later time before reset you can see the substantial decrease in available loot. also noting that if you stick around long enough you begin to notice when someone has either raided a stash and destroyed one. In later months you begin to find large or rare items spawning in droves. tried this myself hunting down stockpiles of supplies and shortly after destroying them the items in said stock pile started showing up again all over in pubs.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:59 AM, fuzzy_chimera said:

This is sadly true pilgrim, I've seen it countless times where the loot is almost stripped from public hive going to these private owned pubs. from the time the public hive goes live and the later time before reset you can see the substantial decrease in available loot. also noting that if you stick around long enough you begin to notice when someone has either raided a stash and destroyed one. In later months you begin to find large or rare items spawning in droves. tried this myself hunting down stockpiles of supplies and shortly after destroying them the items in said stock pile started showing up again all over in pubs.

Wondered what was going on.  Keep hearing many say there is tons of loot.  Must be them coming into the public servers stripping them clean.  After playing all weekend I never found much.  Ate apples and luckily found 3 bottles for water.  The server I play on is always low pop, rarely more than 3 at a time when I'm on, and I've never seen much loot at all.  Plus the algorithm used seems to work like Googles crap.  I wind up finding multiples of the same loot in the same town.

yeah, probably lots of fanbois will attack me but I think the developers now have this very fine engine and want to kill the game and release another title to make more money.

They need to left the hives as they were, PRIVATE and PUBLIC just as the number of genders tskt tsk ;) period.

So what is the problem if 5 guys with FAL and SVD enter elektro or kamy to kill bambies? they will eventually, get killed too, and make a bambie very happy with their gear.

They say they want to offer a "genuine experience" with the official servers ..hmm what would that be? almost zero population and no loot?

I like the new 0.62 patch it looks and feels right, except for the ambien sounds, too loud.

But they needed to make barricading buildings possible in private hives or make stashes in public hives

the items are already in the loot tables:

Nails, Tape, Rope, Barrel, Hammer, SledgeHammer, Wrinch, Screwdriver, etc.

So dear devs, forget your road map, it's taking to long, give the players you have left what they want, and be sure they will get more players for you