Sign in to follow this  
zin0

Banning on public hives option removed

I really don't believe this. We are back to the days where we have hackers come into our servers and glitchers and abuse the system and do what they want because there are no reprocussions.
This game will die even more now because of it. You pay top dollar for Dayz SA servers and you can't remove cheaters and hackers from your server? That's a joke.. There are way too many hackers/glitchers/cheaters in this game to take that option away from the admins.

Both GamingDeluxe and Fragnet have confirmed the rumor. 

Me: I was just curious and wanted to ask you guys if the rumor is true that Dayz Devs have made you guys remove the ban option from your servers as well as others? I used to rent a Dayz SA server from you guys for a long time and I wanted to know.

Fragnet: That is correct, public hive servers across all game server providers no longer have the ability to access the ban list. They want players to report cheaters/abusers to Battleye to allow investigations and global bans to occur.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Now More and more servers will disappear and player base will keep dropping. Think about it. I remember years ago when you couldn't kick or ban people from your SA server, people would just cancel the server order when they found out. This is it for me. I'm done with Dayz.

You can still check your logs for suspicious behavior and forward the information to the GSP.  In some ways, this might be a better long-term solution.  Global bans for cheaters seems to be a better option than just passing the buck, and sending them on to the next server.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

You can still check your logs for suspicious behavior and forward the information to the GSP.  In some ways, this might be a better long-term solution.  Global bans for cheaters seems to be a better option than just passing the buck, and sending them on to the next server.

You know how much time it would take to investigate all the claims of hackers? While admins are stuck with them in there servers pretty much laughing away.

All the servers had a Ban.txt and BEban.txt. They could have kept it how it was and investigated all the GUID's being posted. What about all the glitchers? The abusive players? They are there to stay now.

I know BE bans in waves, but do you see how long that takes? Imagine these "Investigations". I help look over a server for an owner now and he isn't happy about this and i think he will be shutting the server down, and he had one of the top Dayz servers. many other server admins will do the same. Do you remember the up roar years ago about not having these features? You pay a lot of money for Dayz SA servers, they aren't cheap.. This will be bad in many many ways.

The funny thing is i posted this same topic in Steam discussions and "Pacifist: the abusive MOD was trying to tell me that you were never able to ban on public hives, so after i tell him i would show him the emails from Bohemia that i have talking about banning on public hives and he doesn't know what he's talking about he deletes my comments and locks the thread, and then bans me without me breaking any rules on the forums. That's another issue though, he will be reported to steam once again with screen shots.

Edited by zin0

There was talk of getting rid of privately owned public hive servers altogether recently.

• Like 1

I think that a exploit reward program like the one in Conan Exile would be a good idea against hacking and exploiting.

Conan Exiles devs rewards every player who finds a exploit in the game, if you give a reward to the players, tons of exploits would be sent to Dayz dev team.

It is impossible to fight hacks totally but if the devs are aware of most of them, they would have more control on it.

AFAIK this has been dealt with. Closing.

• Like 1