Sign in to follow this  
Espa

My Future DayZ

Hey guys, There's not much going on the forums right now with the long wait for .62, so I thought I'd pose an scenario for the future and perhaps a few ideas to see what you guys think! 

So, with what we know is coming our way with .62 (Better Visual Forests & Audio Updates) as well as the massive overhaul that .63 (BETA) will do for us! All of this is super exciting and sure to breathe a lot of life into the game, fix up problems from before, and just make it feel that much better! 

With that said, I'm still curious how the game will really change in terms of player interactions, KOS situations, farming/hunting, etc - without a lot of BETA fixing. While all of this WILL get to that sweet spot that we like and are required actions to build a sustainable life for the character, Chernarus will still feel. . maybe too alone and yet at the same time, bloated?

Raising the Player Population Cap to 100 Players, up from 60, will highly alleviate this. 

Now, while more people doesn't sound like really any kind of change at all, you have to think about all of the interactions that would be available then, how most goods would be stripped away, the kind of desperation that would be present with players, and so forth. Much more bloodshed and too many people to all have seriously dangerous armament.

-----

Some Random Ideas

Colder Chernarus - I may eventually add this to my own designated mod, but personally I feel that DayZ would benefit from a harsher environment and the best way I can envision this would be, Atomic Winter. - While the actual event, if it ever occurred IRL, is hugely extinction-worthy, I like the idea of seeing Chernarus as being COLD at all times, despite whatever season it is. In the day it should be fine to travel normally, as long as you're clothed in heavy clothing -- But at night, fires should be a normal occurrence for all players. I think this would be greatly benefit the harshness, as well as even promote certain character interaction. Getting caught out at night and spotting a fire that can save you may make you want to go for it.

Easier Civillian Transpo - Bikes. Enough said. 

Non-crashed, abandoned oil tanker off in distance - Just another searchable place, like Prison Island and Skalisty. This boat could be further out and actually house military weapons though to make it well-worth the travel! (Maybe a Cruise Ship?. . xD)

ONE Eastern Orthodox Cathedral - Just a more beautifully textured church that is much more sizable than the others, perhaps have a refugee center within?

--

Anyway, just speaking my mind on stuff I'd like to see! If you have an idea to add or like this, lemme know :) 

• Like 2

i would like to see some situations that requires two people....like giving blood to the other one.
i have tried to think what kind of situtiation those would be but really cant brainstorm any....if some but those are not realistic.but sometimes gameplay wise could overcome realism.
examble wolfs behaviour:when hiking alone....wolfs attack you.when 2 people are in together...wolfs may attack.3 people group,wolfs have some interest but avoiding and running away.
maybe also using handdrill kit would require two people.i dont know.
but theres ton of things what i would like to have in game,from the snakes,bikes,colder chernarus,hidden stash,drugs,alcohol,coffee,tea,writing diary,crafting boat,proper river and even collecting butterflys and making board:D
more disease examble flu.in flu you have fever and also your character keeps sound of coucghing.

• Like 1

As described in the current SR by Eugen, you can use the new scriptsystem to influence a large number of influences and parameters. I hope here synonymous with the softskills a lot is feasible. (Firedrill, and other actions that do not succeed immediately, so a certain rate to the failure). Even with these parameters, it should also be possible to create some places with only tactics or extreme caution and consideration to master a militarybase, for example, without dying. I firmly believe that the Devs paths develop the much what was now "simple", to a challenge. With the temperatures I find good, but should be attached to the map. Coast mild climate and north / west hard rough climate (day / night comparison and season). I am now at a point where I do not want to make too much wishes, because I a) Devs trust that they know what to do and b) I do not want to break the anticipation.

• Like 1

I liked the suggestions. When on the boats, I think we could have small rowboats on the coast (since Dayz does not have great rivers). These boats could also be made with wood, nails, hammer, and crowbar. It would be interesting. Also give the possibility to take the boat sea in and to be able to fish there, in the solitude of the ocean.