Sign in to follow this  
Mike Casavilla

Home

Over stocking of tents, and persistence is killing the servers performances. So that person at this time did a favor for the server tbh.

On our private hive, they had to finally turn off persistence to increase performances daily. Sad days.

Nothing like trying to defend yourself for our event days, and stuttering while turning around.

But this is still a shitty move, since nobody can defend a base yet either.... Best to leave some apples, and take a couple things and walk away.

and a nice letter saying THank you for your stuff. Finding tents, bases is rather too easy. I hope the foliage makes it difficult to see tents, but we need the render to be fix too.

6 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

Emuthreat and lrishjake and Thurman Murman, everyone here has their own playing style.  Just because you don't agree with mine doesn't make what I do a "dick move".  If that's the case, then that itself is a dick.  move.  But now I have a challenge.  Better guard your shit ;)

Again this is a survival game.  When I find tents, I take as much as I can, usually all ammo, weapons, food, med supplies and some clothing, car parts, etc.  The remaining gets tossed.  I'll relocate what I can.

It's situational.. find a dupers base or a clan hoarding gear for resale on public servers, maybe even just a group or person you have some major beef with, then yeah.. feel free to toss everything. Do this to any random camps you come across on a server and you'll possibly put the owners of the camp off playing on that server again, which isn't good for the well being of the server.. so it's a dick move. Much better to pick a little from it perhaps and hope nobody will notice, when you hit tough times you might be able to use their gear as a backup, or my personal favorite.. use the intel from knowing where they are based to your advantage! 

Anyhow.. take this as an example of a dick move.. had some kiddie clan roll the two owners of the servers base and de-spawned it all, then boast they had done it to the admins base.. which they hadn't because the admins bases were perfectly safe still.. they only screwed over the people that pay for them to have a server to play on and undid all the work they put into the camp when they had a rare opportunity to actually play on their own server.. sounds like a dick move wouldn't you agree?  But how far removed from that is what your doing.. tossing everything just for the sake of it?

14 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

Emuthreat and lrishjake and Thurman Murman, everyone here has their own playing style.  Just because you don't agree with mine doesn't make what I do a "dick move".  If that's the case, then that itself is a dick.  move.  But now I have a challenge.  Better guard your shit ;)

Again this is a survival game.  When I find tents, I take as much as I can, usually all ammo, weapons, food, med supplies and some clothing, car parts, etc.  The remaining gets tossed.  I'll relocate what I can.

You must make a lot of friends in-game with your attitude and probably shooting everything what moves. Yeah, I walked into a lot of guys like you. In the end they kissed my boots, either dead or with a grey screen and left humiliated by me with no weapon and ammo to continue their life and live with the shame.

That's actually my favorite thing to do. I rather shoot someone unconscious, tie them up, take their ammo and guns which can make them dangerous to me and give them a speech. After that I let them live and have to carry that with the rest of their character's life. The fact that they tried to take me or my group on, failed miserably and got humiliated by me afterwards.

Not to toot my own horn but my aim is way above the average player and I'm not the only one in our group with a good aim. Keep that in mind when trying to look for our camp. See you in Chernarus! :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IMT said:

You must make a lot of friends in-game with your attitude and probably shooting everything what moves. Yeah, I walked into a lot of guys like you. In the end they kissed my boots, either dead or with a grey screen and left humiliated by me with no weapon and ammo to continue their life and live with the shame.

That's actually my favorite thing to do. I rather shoot someone unconscious, tie them up, take their ammo and guns which can make them dangerous to me and give them a speech. After that I let them live and have to carry that with the rest of their character's life. The fact that they tried to take me or my group on, failed miserably and got humiliated by me afterwards.

Not to toot my own horn but my aim is way above the average player and I'm not the only one in our group with a good aim. Keep that in mind when trying to look for our camp. See you in Chernarus! :)

Take it from experience. Everyone hunts you down after awhile :)

I guess he didn't see those videos on Exp where that guy wanted to kill you guys off, multi times.

It didn't work too well in his favor did it.

It is a lonely road.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2017 at 5:59 PM, sneakydude said:

Over stocking of tents, and persistence is killing the servers performances. So that person at this time did a favor for the server tbh.

On our private hive, they had to finally turn off persistence to increase performances daily. Sad days.

(snip)

I think (now verified by IMT and Thurman), that glitching pussies hiding camps in rock is the real problem.  Regular players camping out in the open are just part of the ecosystem.  If the game cannot support our camps, it cannot support persistence.

Here is the polite way to rob a tent, @plasma (DayZ).  Sorry about the fan noise, I'm having some trouble getting OBS to not amplify my background noise.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

I CC, and the rock glitching has been reported for over a year. I agree it is 1 of the major problems but not the only one to cause server, client performance hits.

AS you guys know, we been there too many times testing the same bugs. Hopefully those bugs get repaired.