dman3008

Idea to quite the masses

Dear DayZ developers, 

I understand there are a lot of whiners out there that don't understand what early access really means.  I too get frustrated with the game sometimes in the state its in now, but I'm resilient and get over it real quick.  I propose a small step.  The streamers are looking for a place to shoot at one another and some for the interaction.  I was thinking that maybe you can take a few servers and strip them of zombies and the moving parts that are the game now and just give these people a looting battleground to duke it out in that maybe it will quiet some of the masses so you can make DayZ great again.

Your friend, 

Daniel

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dman3008 said:

Dear DayZ developers, 

I understand there are a lot of whiners out there that don't understand what early access really means.  I too get frustrated with the game sometimes in the state its in now, but I'm resilient and get over it real quick.  I propose a small step.  The streamers are looking for a place to shoot at one another and some for the interaction.  I was thinking that maybe you can take a few servers and strip them of zombies and the moving parts that are the game now and just give these people a looting battleground to duke it out in that maybe it will quiet some of the masses so you can make DayZ great again.

Your friend, 

Daniel

Great but not so great idea imo.

If you concede to these people and give them what they want. You may find that it will be extremely difficult to take it back.

In other terms, you shouldn't turn a game into what the people want because they complain, but rather give them the tools (modding) to do so while you strive to achieve what you're own vision of the game is.

I mean if they want just a "battlegrounds" gamemode then play Battle Royale? Lol

But there are some that actually find it extremely boring after awhile with little to no variety in gameplay. 

Edited by DannyDog

33 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Great but not so great idea imo.

If you concede to these people and give them what they want. You may find that it will be extremely difficult to take it back.

In other terms, you shouldn't turn a game into what the people want because they complain, but rather give them the tools (modding) to do so while you strive to achieve what you're own vision of the game is.

I mean if they want just a "battlegrounds" gamemode then play Battle Royale? Lol

But there are some that actually find it extremely boring after awhile with little to no variety in gameplay. 

I have to be 100% agree with Danny.

If you first say "I support the dev times, I understand what an early access means, I got frustrated but I get over it really quick" and you call the Dayz critics (not talking about haters) "whiners"... you just can´t, two seconds later, ask for a completely denature of the game by taking out the zombies in some parts of the map just to do a battle royale.

If you ask for that you are clearly not committed or happy with the develop of this game and the time it´s needs to introduce the new technology.

Just a note referred to the alpha argument. Of course all of us bought an alpha game and take the risk on an early access, but that does not mean we can´t have some feedback with the devs related to the game development or the stuff we probably enjoy in game and the things we probably don´t. Having said that, an early access also means that the core of the game is quite finish, and Dayz is kind of an exception to this rule. Just to be clear: I prefer this 1000 times than stay forever with the old arma 1 and 2 technology.

However, I agree with you that something must be done in this time because tons of people (and I mean people that really know the game, have more than 2k hours played, make content about Days and were constructive critics from day) agree that (right now) is in a drop because of the lack of enjoyable gameplay (either because the bugs or because you just got tired of playing the same core of the game for about 2 years).

I apologize for any bad writing. English is not my native language.

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 1

I am sure that these type of servers will pop up when modding is enabled, but for now I wouldn't hold my breath, as supporting this is not really high on the priority list for the dev team.

24 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

*quiet

Helpful...