Sign in to follow this  
killer2themx

Revision for Apple/Berries

Make the chance of not finding an Apple or berries small, and make the chance of finding rotten fruit higher, and make the chances of finding fruit the same. It's more realistic and might help with apple glitchers.

• Like 1

Be awesome to have a few minutes respawn timer after you've picked a couple of fruit (fresh or rotten), could add to player tracking but might be heavy on the server with all those bushes. 

I wonder how long it will be until we see a fix because the apple glitch has been in the game a long time, no ? The game should be more interesting when it is fixed as even tinned food seems pretty hard to find these days and i play on a quite server. Its really starting to feel like we will really have to grow and fish for food once the ol' apple spamm-o-tree is a thing of the past. Limited % searches for each apple tree until server reset happens :D

• Like 1

To, me the ideal system would be walking up to a apple tree and seeing this: Apple Tree (10/50)

Do the animation and you get 10 apples with a high variable chance of getting rotten or uneatable apples, then move on to the next tree.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 1:20 PM, liquidcactus said:

I wonder how long it will be until we see a fix because the apple glitch has been in the game a long time, no ? The game should be more interesting when it is fixed as even tinned food seems pretty hard to find these days and i play on a quite server. Its really starting to feel like we will really have to grow and fish for food once the ol' apple spamm-o-tree is a thing of the past. Limited % searches for each apple tree until server reset happens :D

Yes I agree the apple glitch is totally ruining the food/water survival element of the DayZ. Eating 20 apples, then loading up another 20 also takes away from the hunting, fishing, trapping and farming which are all such great mechanics in the game.

• Like 1

Just now, REKURV said:

Yes I agree the apple glitch is totally ruining the food/water survival element of the DayZ. Eating 20 apples, then loading up another 20 also takes away from the hunting, fishing, trapping and farming which are all such great mechanics in the game.

We all agree rekurv, hopefully it will change soon.. and i would like to mention I'm proud as punch at giving you your first BEANZ on dayz.com ever !! CHEERS !!!!!

• Like 1

On 11.3.2017 at 6:35 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

To, me the ideal system would be walking up to a apple tree and seeing this: Apple Tree (10/50)

Do the animation and you get 10 apples with a high variable chance of getting rotten or uneatable apples, then move on to the next tree.

My vote would be to turn them into containers and random number inside, similar to what you suggested.

That or have them spawn on the ground next to the trees.
Ofc all this could be to much of a tax on the servers for all I know.

5 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

We all agree rekurv, hopefully it will change soon.. and i would like to mention I'm proud as punch at giving you your first BEANZ on dayz.com ever !! CHEERS !!!!!

Haha, thanks Liquid...i will keep these beans just in case the tree gets fixed soon ! :b

• Like 1