Sign in to follow this  
XibaRootS

Guns and Attachments

Hi everyone, so today i wanted to talk a little bit about the guns in day z and how they spawn at the moment.

Having been playing on a private hive for more then a week now, i haven't seen a single gun spawn with its magazine and neither with its bullets. And i mean that in 100% of the cases when i found them. Is it just me that thinks the gun spawn system should be reworked AGAIN for at least a 50/50 % chance of the guns to spawn with its magazines? Don't you guys agree that is so damn annoying that if you find an AK and in all the cases you still have to find the magazine for it AND after that you have to go around looking for the ammo?

Im not saying this should happen all the time, but come on what are the odds that in a survival situation around an area the size of chernarus there isn't a single gun with ammo lying around or even the clip for it? I think is just stupid that even after 3 years of development we still have to be here discussing small things like this. Its just so frustrating to watch the developers say things like "guns now spawn with attachments" and the only gun you'll ever see with it is a .22 rifle with a hunting scope. Haven't you guys sold 3 million copies of the game already? Isn't that enough to make a good "farming experience" for the players and not just a frustrating one?

Ahhh sorry this post turned into a rant, i guess im just expecting too much from you guys right?

Im open for criticism, just dont give me the alpha replies please, i know what i was up to when i spend my money on it. By the way, I would like to say that the game improved a lot in .61 and if you have been taking a break from this game for the last year or months, this is the patch where you should definitly give it a try again and i can't wait to see whats coming next as a fan from day z since the beggining. Just be prepared to ALWAYS spend 1 hour to find a good gun and 2 more hours to find 30 rounds and a clip for it.

With the military weapons it's somewhat understandable. Finding a hunting rifle in someone's house, less so. 

plenty of fresh spawned military weapons have magazines attached.

i think the problem you have is, that you hardly find "fresh" weapons. lets assume you find an AK74 with one mag, and you find a second one with a mag attached, what would you do? i guess you would take the mag out of it and leave the weapon behind. next guy to come will just see another AK without mag, even though it spawned with one.

i think the spawns only need minor tweaking for most magazines/weapons. but i haven't seen a single M1911 mag in 100+hrs 0.61.

4 hours ago, -Gews- said:

With the military weapons it's somewhat understandable. Finding a hunting rifle in someone's house, less so. 

As in soldiers in military bases during an epidemic of a virus like that have their guns unloaded but hunters at home keep it locked and loaded ? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

plenty of fresh spawned military weapons have magazines attached.

i think the problem you have is, that you hardly find "fresh" weapons. lets assume you find an AK74 with one mag, and you find a second one with a mag attached, what would you do? i guess you would take the mag out of it and leave the weapon behind. next guy to come will just see another AK without mag, even though it spawned with one.

i think the spawns only need minor tweaking for most magazines/weapons. but i haven't seen a single M1911 mag in 100+hrs 0.61.

Hi there, i tought the same thing at first but then i asked to all my friends and they replied saying that they were having the same problem. Tomorrow im gonna be trying to do the old server hopping on public servers to confirm this theory and see if this only happens on private hives, wich i believe its not the case. I would love to see someone come in here and tell me that im wrong and that they find weapons with ammo inside of them at least 30% of the time. Either im being VERY unlucky and all of my friends as well or weapons really do not have any chance of spawning with at least 1 bullet loaded. I really wish some dev would hop in here and clarify things for us all but i don't know if thats ever happening :(

hello !

i have a very different experience in 0.61. i only play on high/full server (mainly oldschool dayz hardcore, bluewaffle, UKA) on private hives and so far i found a lot of weapons with mags and bullets.

the gear you find is very depedent on the route you take to gear up. there are obvious loot patern in this patch (too obvious, they need to work on it). you can litterally predict what weapon you'll find in a house, i have a few ones that drop the same weapon variants 90% of the time.

i'll give you two route that should reward you with AT THE VERY LEAST on weapon with a magazine :

- spawn near elektro, loot the 4 isolated houses south west of elektro (makarov or P1 pistol with mags are very common here), then head west, loot the houses of prigorodky (mostly sporter with 30rnders and some juicy (but unloaded) R9). then loot all of balota for makarov or 1911 and sporters, the amount of weapons there is just insane.

on a regular basis, i end up leaving balota with a scopped sporter with multiple 30rnds mags, a loaded IZH43 with 20+ spare 12gauge rounds and a silenced 1911 with mags and bullets.

- spawn near svetlo, loot all the green guard shacks on your way to severograd, you shoul find at least one CR75 loaded or scorpion/RAK with mag. continue to loot green shacks in severograd and enjoy your nice MP5K with mags and attachement (happenened to me at least 5 times), continue on the 3 tents military base west of severograd and you'll have a high chance of looting an ak74 with mags, ak 74 mags alone or a m4/aug.

most routes that avoid theses hotspots yield WAY less weapons with magazines, you'll be very lucky to find a weapon with magazine in berezino/gorka/novy-stary in my experience.

have fun !

12 hours ago, XibaRootS said:

Hi there, i tought the same thing at first but then i asked to all my friends and they replied saying that they were having the same problem. Tomorrow im gonna be trying to do the old server hopping on public servers to confirm this theory and see if this only happens on private hives, wich i believe its not the case. I would love to see someone come in here and tell me that im wrong and that they find weapons with ammo inside of them at least 30% of the time. Either im being VERY unlucky and all of my friends as well or weapons really do not have any chance of spawning with at least 1 bullet loaded. I really wish some dev would hop in here and clarify things for us all but i don't know if thats ever happening :(

I play exclusively on private hives (don't like server hoppers) with different loot settings, but I've come across many weapons with various attachments of different quality, including loaded magazines (usually with 3-10 bullets). Just yesterday, I found a fully equipped MP5 - silencer, ACOG scope, half-loaded magazine - made me think that someone must have discarded the weapon, but there's no way a player could arrange it on a desk like that.

Just to add to what others suggested - when I find a weapon with loaded magazine that I don't want/need, I take the mag out and throw it away - just to make sure.

13 hours ago, General Zod said:

As in soldiers in military bases during an epidemic of a virus like that have their guns unloaded but hunters at home keep it locked and loaded ? 

and the chances you finding any magazines in a weapon, after everyone is looting all the ammo they can find.

It sounds like you are doing the same things as all the other poor schlubs out there, and wondering why the results are poor.  Try varying your efforts, and you will find more varied results.

My fresh spawn loot run usually involves getting a shotgun up and running for the wolves, then going to Kamensk and Tisy for the win.  If you want coastal PvP with minimal effort, then have fun with your Sporter and P1; because that is all someone deserves for that amount of effort.

Spending an hour or two to start a new character is perfectly normal, and only a problem if you perpetually suck at the game, or your playstyle involves throwing lives away in pointless coastal combat.  In either case, the solution is for the player to make better decisions, not for the game to give you what you want more easily.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

It sounds like you are doing the same things as all the other poor schlubs out there, and wondering why the results are poor.  Try varying your efforts, and you will find more varied results.

My fresh spawn loot run usually involves getting a shotgun up and running for the wolves, then going to Kamensk and Tisy for the win.  If you want coastal PvP with minimal effort, then have fun with your Sporter and P1; because that is all someone deserves for that amount of effort.

Spending an hour or two to start a new character is perfectly normal, and only a problem if you perpetually suck at the game, or your playstyle involves throwing lives away in pointless coastal combat.  In either case, the solution is for the player to make better decisions, not for the game to give you what you want more easily.

Go record a video from you finding a gun with a mag and 15 rounds at least in it in any part of the map and ill give credibility to your words then

The VSS I found a few days ago only had 6 rounds in the magazine, does that count?  Really though, I been playing on Exp. ever since vehicles were added back in.  It's pretty low population though, so I can't say how private server CLE behaves.

Go watch my twitch channel if you want proof, there is plenty of it there.  Maybe go back to last Friday and Saturday if you want to see weapons spawn with magazines.  Really, we have no problem finding great guns, until all of them are stuffed into our tents, that is.

On 1/16/2017 at 3:47 PM, XibaRootS said:

Hi everyone, so today i wanted to talk a little bit about the guns in day z and how they spawn at the moment.

Having been playing on a private hive for more then a week now, i haven't seen a single gun spawn with its magazine and neither with its bullets. And i mean that in 100% of the cases when i found them. Is it just me that thinks the gun spawn system should be reworked AGAIN for at least a 50/50 % chance of the guns to spawn with its magazines? Don't you guys agree that is so damn annoying that if you find an AK and in all the cases you still have to find the magazine for it AND after that you have to go around looking for the ammo?

Im not saying this should happen all the time, but come on what are the odds that in a survival situation around an area the size of chernarus there isn't a single gun with ammo lying around or even the clip for it? I think is just stupid that even after 3 years of development we still have to be here discussing small things like this. Its just so frustrating to watch the developers say things like "guns now spawn with attachments" and the only gun you'll ever see with it is a .22 rifle with a hunting scope. Haven't you guys sold 3 million copies of the game already? Isn't that enough to make a good "farming experience" for the players and not just a frustrating one?

Ahhh sorry this post turned into a rant, i guess im just expecting too much from you guys right?

Im open for criticism, just dont give me the alpha replies please, i know what i was up to when i spend my money on it. By the way, I would like to say that the game improved a lot in .61 and if you have been taking a break from this game for the last year or months, this is the patch where you should definitly give it a try again and i can't wait to see whats coming next as a fan from day z since the beggining. Just be prepared to ALWAYS spend 1 hour to find a good gun and 2 more hours to find 30 rounds and a clip for it.

I've seen this a lot... But just yesterday I found an AKM with 6 mags lying around with all ammo inside. No Bullshit, I would like to see a tweak on the distribution system if it's possible... Instead, maybe somehow make it work so I instead found an AK74 and AKM both with a few mags each. With civilian weapons it seems like you can at best - find a gun with a mag and that same gun lying around (which isn't much help). The problem with too much of the same ammo spawned in one area - it means people are gonna loot the all ammo in that area. :P