Sign in to follow this  
Espa

Colored Tint Status Appearances

So the idea on this would be a Colored Tiint that would appear across the screen, heightened in color in the corners on the screen. (Imagine a transparent colored shade overlay across the screen, whether in 3PP or 1PP)

This would appear whether or not you would be in 1PP/3PP and only appear in Extreme statuses.

Tints

Normal - No Tint

image.png

Hypothermia - White

image.png

Hyperthermia - Red

image.png

Sick - Green
image.png

Bleeding - Flashing Black every 10 seconds for an instant

image.png

--This provides an instinctive appearance for players to see that would prompt them to act accordingly - Also, when the flashing black screen is engaging during a Bleeding Status, it will pump up the adrenaline and feeling of extreme tension and loss of control.

Edited by Espa
  • Like 2

I'd be entirely against this. There are other ways to show these things such as coughing when your sick. Just look up symptoms for each of the issues, and implement through audio cues or animations (once we get the new anim system). On top of that, we always have the inventory menu notifications. I want to be as immersed into my game as possible, and having a colored screen would just annoy the living hell out of me. To each their own.

• Like 1

Quote:

(Imagine a transparent colored shade overlay across the screen, whether in 3PP or 1PP)

Over the whole screen I find something too strict. A framed view, almost like a large transparent scope (colored according to the idea described above) with a clear view of 75% of the area would be enough ... where else is the view of the beauty of Chernarus ... if my character is bad I do not want everything to see is to give the disease .... who knows how long we can walk healthy.

Obviously I didn't mean having like green paint across the screen, but more of just tinting the color - Saturating the picture with more of the color associated. 

I also think there should be more auditory responses to statuses. Trembling breath, retching sick, etc.

If not this, I'm interested to see what the Devs will do to make the character responses to statuses more realistic.  

8 hours ago, Espa said:

Obviously I didn't mean having like green paint across the screen, but more of just tinting the color - Saturating the picture with more of the color associated. 

I also think there should be more auditory responses to statuses. Trembling breath, retching sick, etc.

If not this, I'm interested to see what the Devs will do to make the character responses to statuses more realistic.  

Turned up the blue for hypothermia and I like the idea.  

copy.jpg

• Like 1

I would much rather prefer some sort of movement imparing effects than annoying screen effects.

Hyperthermia = Getting out of breath and need to stop, maybe falling down on knees gasping for air while forcefully ripping off the jacket or clothes.
Hypothermia = Limbs getting numb, you almost drop your gun, can't aim at all and getting tired/falling over before passing out.
Sick = Grabbing your stomach, hulking every now and then before throwing up etc.
Bloodloss = Slowing down drastically, falling over, can't raise arms when (for example) holding a gun.

This would be more realistic.