Sign in to follow this  
zeta007

Random loot spawn

To encourage players to visit other places besides NWAF and the military bases. Make loot spawn more random! Even if the chance is small, there should still be a chance to find high end military gear in a small cabin or shack out in nowhere.

• Like 1

You sometimes find random loot in places it "shouldn't" be :). Also the dev intentions are to make high end gear difficult to get, so the rest of the Dayz arsenal begin to be used! 

Besides that, you already have good "medium" grade weapons in almost every town a littlebit inland (rak's, scorpions, mp5's, ump's, the whole load of hunting rifles and pistols). You can go from bambi to rambo just visiting 1-2 towns with current level of weapons and ammo spawning :)

If you played in recent patches, in 0.57 they made a loot of military loot spawn at the guard houses around the map, at humvees and wrecked military vehicles. If you were lucky, you could get an Ak and vest really quickly. It was fun sometimes but mostly it made people not need or want to go anywhere else, which was not so fun. I do miss it though and wish there was a day of Beach-romp every week with loot just like it.

I would like to see more random placing of loot to entice me to look around a lot more.  At the moment I feel like I know where to go to find things and some buildings I completely ignore as I know there is nothing of interest in them.  Don't get me wrong if I'm looking for mil kit or medical items and such the better chance of finding them is at thoughs places and I'm using them as an example there are other items in the game that I know can be only found in one sort of building.  It would be good to see the game being less formulaic in its loot spawn locations.  If the did this I might like the zoning for loot that they are looking at, because it would be nice to see a small amount of those items else were. Variety is the spice of life and I think that could be said for where items of loot spawn in the game.

I am okay with the way loot has been distributed .60. I like that the coast is basically empty, pushing survivors inland to find what they need to survive. My only gripe is that there are several miltary installations on the eastern side of the map that currently do not spawn anything at all. My vote would to be spread out the military loot across ALL military installations.