Sign in to follow this  
simonvic

New Item propose

I'd like to have another item(s) in DayZ: Money

Do not misunderstand me, I don't want an economic system in DayZ.
But money should be just another item to loot that you could use to make a fire or anything else you can do with cash.

Then is up to the players to decide what to do with moneys;
 I just guess how it would be when basecamp will be added,
a huge trade camp like this:

but instead of trade items, you can use that item (money) like trade object.

Let me know what do you think 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, simonvic said:

-snip-

If you are old enough to remember any kind of war ( Fortunatly, I am not ), you'll know that in hard times, people used tokens to buy food or life supplies. DayZ definetly doesn't need money, if they are going to add it, it'll be tokens, but I highly doubt it because most of players are against that. Item for item, that's the best, atleast in my opinion.

Money has no value in a post apocalyptical anarchic world. Water, food, supplies, weapons, company and good locations do.

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

Money has no value in a post apocalyptical anarchic world. Water, food, supplies, weapons, company and good locations do.

Read again my post... I know that "Money has no value in a post apocalyptical anarchic world" , infact I'm not saying that you have to use money as a valuable item. It's a post apocalyptical anarchic world, but I don't understand why there shouldn't be money as a common item to loot, just like a meat tenderizer: It's completely useless (for the moment), but it spawns the same. Money could useful to make a fire (instead of rags) or bandage etc. these are just some ideas, but for me there should be money, even if they are useless...

Edited by simonvic

Ok, so you say you don't want an economic system, then go on to suggest players trade items for money.  I don't get it. 

You say cash can be used for various purposes. Burning it is one. Name more. 

You argue that because something exists in real life, then it should be in the game.  That's hilariously absurd. 

Dayz aims to be authentic and that's it. It's not trying to mimic reality.  The producers don't have the time or resources to implement a ton of ideas from posters who only put 2 minutes worth of thought into terrible ideas.  For example, you say that money has all of these practical uses but you only listed two. Burning it and burning it again. 

Are people being purposely obtuse? He's not saying that an economic system should be introduced where you can go to a safe zone and buy an AS50, he's saying that money, as an item, should be introduced. If players then decide "let's use money in a player-driven trading system" then that's up to them. They could just as easily use sheets of paper, or pumpkin slices, or whatever, but it may be that they decide to use the money item instead. I doubt we'd really see that - bartering is a better way of doing things - but I can definitely see a money system potentially popping up on certain well-regulated servers. If players decide it has no value, it will have no value. I don't see any particular reason why it shouldn't be implemented, but I've got a feeling it'd just be another near-useless item, especially given how easy it is to find books and paper. 

27 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Ok, so you say you don't want an economic system, then go on to suggest players trade items for money.  I don't get it. 

Maybe I expressed myself badly...
When I said "I don't want an economic system" I meant that I don't want an "official" thing; to be more precise and make me understand, I'll do an example: "the hero and the bandit" it's not an "official" thing, you don't have to choose a class when you start a game, but "the hero and bandit" were created by players.
I imagined the same thing with money... there is an item and nothing more...

9 hours ago, simonvic said:

I just guess how it would be when basecamp will be added...

I was just imaging that maybe a player will start using that item as a trade object, if another player don't want, that item doesn't have value.

47 minutes ago, Parazight said:

You argue that because something exists in real life, then it should be in the game.  That's hilariously absurd. 

I am definitely not saying this. But I want that item because it will make the enviroment more immersive.

50 minutes ago, Parazight said:

The producers don't have the time or resources to implement a ton of ideas from posters who only put 2 minutes worth of thought into terrible ideas.  For example, you say that money has all of these practical uses but you only listed two. 

So you're telling me that you use meat tenderizer, teddy bear and so on? They're mostly useless, but they still spawn; so why don't add another item?

54 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Burning it and burning it again.

This make me understand that you didn't read all the post

14 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

Are people being purposely obtuse? He's not saying that an economic system should be introduced where you can go to a safe zone and buy an AS50, he's saying that money, as an item, should be introduced. If players then decide "let's use money in a player-driven trading system" then that's up to them. They could just as easily use sheets of paper, or pumpkin slices, or whatever, but it may be that they decide to use the money item instead. I doubt we'd really see that - bartering is a better way of doing things - but I can definitely see a money system potentially popping up on certain well-regulated servers. If players decide it has no value, it will have no value. I don't see any particular reason why it shouldn't be implemented, but I've got a feeling it'd just be another near-useless item, especially given how easy it is to find books and paper. 

So I have not expressed that bad, you understood exactly my idea :D

Trading items for tokens or money requires a society with laws and people to enforce those laws. DayZ is pretty far from that. That's the complete opposite of what the title is trying to achieve.  Maybe you should research other MMOs. 

"I have this booger.  It looks just like Abraham Lincoln's head. It's worth at least 3 SVDs, but I'll let go of it today for the low, low price of just two SVDs!  This is your lucky day! No, really!!"

simonvic, you listed 3 things that we could use money for:

-to start fires with

-to use as money

-to start fires with

beefbacon, what happened? Your posts are usually really awesome. 

Kindling/fires with paper money

Write note on paper money

Makeshift bandage with paper money

Stuff paper money into coats for insulation (along with regular paper)

Use coins as a distraction for zombies (thrown)

coins used as a weapon (loaded into shotshells, fill a sock with coins, hammer coins into a baseball bat/2x4)

using coins(or paper money) to quietly get items out of a still functioning vending machine (as opposed to just breaking the glass/cover)

melting down coins for metal for various crafting items (copper most easily comes to mind)

Allowing players to actually make a trade system if they decide to do so

Some of these are unlikely to be implemented, but you keep bitching at the OP for not giving other examples, that he wants an economy FORCED on players.  That's not gonna happen, players will make whatever economy they want; one Trader group might take money, another might take bullets, another might take sticks and bits of colored string.

Very well. I'm willing to take examples regarding instances where otherwise trivial items were used as currency between strangers.  Make me eat my words. Show me, in detail, where this actually happens.  Please limit your examples to DayZ.  Tell me where these communities are that trade colored strings for M4s. Or whatever. 

Convince me that we should be adding content, at this stage of development, beyond "add money so maybe people will use it as money, but only if they want to" and "we should put money in the game so we can burn it and throw it at zeds."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Parazight said:

Trading items for tokens or money requires a society with laws and people to enforce those laws. DayZ is pretty far from that. That's the complete opposite of what the title is trying to achieve.  Maybe you should research other MMOs. 

Sometimes I feel a bit stupid... seems that I can't make me understand by people.
I absolutely don't want DayZ as you described, with society, laws and so on... 

As BeefBacon said

14 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

but I can definitely see a money system potentially popping up on certain well-regulated servers 

... so we don't need laws and society; we just need a "well-regulated" server (like existing roleplay server); meanwhile on other servers money will just be a piece of cloth or a metal coin

-Pazaright's camp:

"I have this booger.  It looks just like Abraham Lincoln's head. It's worth at least 3 SVDs, but I'll let go of it today for the low, low price of just two SVDs!  This is your lucky day! No, really!!"

-Jack's camp:

"I'm sorry, but my camp doesn't want money (because we don't think money is still valuable), but we can give you two SVDs for some ammo,food or anything else. If you want to trade money with SVD (because you think money is still valuable), you can go to John's camp which still accept money for SVDs(because John's camp think money is still valuable)"

Convince me that we should be adding content, at this stage of development, beyond "add money so maybe people will use it as money, but only if they want to" and "we should put money in the game so we can burn it and throw it at zeds."

I said that this item must be added RIGHT NOW? No, absolutely!

This is JUST an IDEA; 
like the "door sound": as far I remember "door sound" was a concept made by an user, but in that time DayZ had other priorities (fixing bug, adding weapon and so on), but after some time "door sound" have been added.