Sign in to follow this  
odin_lowe

DayZ Dreams

Hello fellow survivors. 

First things first, this post isn't about your dreams for what the final product of DayZ might be, but rather, dreams you may have had about DayZ.

Since 0.60 hit experimental, and then stable, we've seen an increase in forum activity, so I'm taking this opportunity since we might get more responses from the forum users, and have a bigger variety of replies and shares.

I'm really curious about this. Ever since I started playing DayZ, back when it was only a mod for ArmA2, I've had occasions that my dreams were either set in Chernarus, Namalsk or random fictitious environment I've never been too, but with the DayZ items, inventory system, ui, infected or player interactions.

About 3 or 4 times I can remember dreaming about the mod, but that sky-rocked when the stand alone came. Since December 2013, I can think of about 25 to 30 different occasions I've had dreams about DayZ. Sometimes it simply looting a town, going from houses to houses to collect clothes, food and what not, while other times it's simply an all out PVP battle. I'd say the majority of my dreams happen in first person, but on some occasions, I was able to see my character, making the dream appear as if I'm playing the game rather than "living" in it.

About 3 or 4 months ago, I had a few ones that felt "continuous", based around the UMP. I had a few dreams in very different locations, that didn't look like Chernarus, but every time I had a somewhat very similar look and inventory content, carrying the UMP as my weapon. 

One thing that never happened, was the use of melee in my DayZ dreams. Not once was I carrying an axe on my back, or swinging anything else than my fists.

Am I the only one with those kind of dreams? Please share your experiences! Safe travels survivors! 

• Like 3

My dream is never me playing DayZ, but living it.  Had similar dreams where I would be trying to get my family out of a town with zombies, and boy was I glad to wake up.  Funny how you can have a dream where you know this is just a game, but you have that instinct that the environment can still harm you. 

Edited by atomquark
  • Like 1

Write them down and make a cartoon from it! I actually would like to draw something called "The Ghillie Brothers". I wrote down a first episode based on a session with my friend. The idea is basically good cop bad cop, except that the bad cop is batshit crazy. Yes, my friend I mean you ;)

I never dream of Dayz. I always dream of Mars. But seriously write that shit down bro! In ten years you'll find it and cherish the memories. Or maybe really make a cartoon of sorts. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Shameful bump since there's not enough replies. 

I really thought there might have been more people that dream about DayZ with all those thousand hours of gameplay.

Please share your experiences if you have any, I'm very interested to read about the subject.

Safe travels survivors.

Yes, and I don't play this game for quite some time, as my potato PC doesn't even allow anymore. Its frequent even today. I usually dream I'm in a firefight.

I find it all very funny, I actually like these dreams. I mean I wish I knew how to draw so I could show you how it looks like, but its like real life mixed with dayz. The way I hold the gun for example, how the gun works, the DayZ windows from some houses, those red containers in the port of Chernogorsk, the chainlink fences etc, but I'm never in a place that reminds of Chernarus. Its a city, middle of the forest or at beaches, but not the ones we see in DayZ you know what I mean? But these places have VERY familiar DayZ stuff and "feel"

The thing most noticiable about these dreams is the feeling of danger. I mean its intese as hell! I never had a real firefight experience, and I guess DayZ is the most realistic thing I saw about firefights so, my brain takes DayZ situations to make me shit myself when I sleep by making them ultra realistic. 

Usually when someone dyies, the body kinda falls like dayz ragdoll you know. I feel like I'm playing, but with real life material and I'm literally in the game, idk how to explain really. I don't know if this even makes sense at this point lmao

I guess the HUGE suspention of disbelief caused by firefights in this game kinda impressed me big time, and this is something this game does in a way no other game do, these devs did such a awesome job on how the firefights feel its not even funny. I even dream about it! Fuck this makes me want to play DayZ so bad, really want a new computer tbh

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:12 AM, Mookie (original) said:

This is the wrong way round. 'Real life' is something I dream about in DayZ.

SO true mookie so true.

I still have the odd dream though, but it is not dayz, it is of our own North America. (probably due to never being able to leave North America) and never seeing the rest of the world.

One time I dreamt that my friend and I were at NWAF (We are, but we had to stop for the night) and we had encountered another heli crash, and after loads of hard work, found an M4 (we ran around nwaf finding only m4 attachments, etc.)

15 hours ago, Avant-Garde said:

I find it all very funny, I actually like these dreams. I mean I wish I knew how to draw so I could show you how it looks like, but its like real life mixed with dayz.

I wish I could draw too, cause most of the times I clearly remember my dream, and sometimes it looks very "unique" and different from both Chernarus, and real life locations. 

Very interesting non-the-less. I hope you'll get a new system soon! Cheers!

• Like 1