Sign in to follow this  
PythagorasHP

Heli crash sites .60

Do they still only spawn 3 at a time per server restart?

Do the NATO crashes and Eastern block crashes share the same crash site spawn limit? (IE. 2 NATO crashes and 1 Eastern crash or 1 NATO crash and 2 Eastern crash etc.)

What kind of loot do they have now?

I heard plate carriers and their parts are heli crash site exclusive, is anything else crash site exclusive?

What's the render distance of the NATO crash site smoke?

Adam and John are cow farmers. If Adam gives John 1 cow John will have twice as many cows as Adam, but if John gives Adam 1 cow they both would have the same amount. How many cows does Adam have and how many does John have?

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by PythagorasHP

Zelenogorsk/Green mountain is always good for choppers. The spawns are still the same, but the frequency of their dynamic respawn is increased. For me that means I found up to 5 choppers in a single session, simply because I was lucky enough to have them despawn behind me and respawn in front. 1 of these was russian. They are far harder to spot than the US choppers. Loot at the russian crashsites is usually more crappy than at US. US is usually a couple of clothes, 2 grenades 1-2 rifles and a nearly empty magazine (if you're lucky). There can also be an engraved 1911 or FNX at the chopper. But don't expect it to have crazy amounts of loot! I found choppers that were completely empty, too. 

For the scopes its alright to check police stations. Sooner or later an MP5 will spawn with an attachment there. Or just go to the usual, military locations.  

I'm not sure there was ever a guarantee of proportions between Russian and NATO crashsites was there?. Could be all three are NATO, or Russian, or anything in between. I've certainly found three NATO crashes in the space of about 20 minutes in 0.60.

More than one of the NATO crashes I've looted in this patch has had ostensibly Russian loot - AK101s, PS-01s. I doubt that these items were dropped by other players.

Agree that the spawn frequency must have been increased - which would explain why I'm finding so many in this patch. M4s are almost laughably easy to find.

If you want things like attachments, mags, ammo and clothing, you're probably better off going to one of the two military tent sites though.

3 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

IMore than one of the NATO crashes I've looted in this patch has had ostensibly Russian loot -

Ak101 is an european export version of the ak74 so it fits with the nato heli and any AK attachments can spawn on any AK, thats why you found a PSO on it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Ak101 is an european export version of the ak74 so it fits with the nato heli and any AK attachments can spawn on any AK, thats why you found a PSO on it.

Thanks for that intel. Really grateful.

John is a cow.

John has five cows and adam four.

There seems to be an increase of heli sites just around the NW airfield. So if you go there, chances are very big that one or two will be located at or around the NWA airfield area. Personalyl I think this kinda sucks. It would be more fun If you could fisd one anywhere. And people at the airfield wouldnt have such an abundance of weapons and ammo. I remember long ago when I found a crashsite just outside cherno. So many people running for it, it was hilarious.

10 hours ago, Killawife said:

John has five cows and adam four.

There seems to be an increase of heli sites just around the NW airfield. So if you go there, chances are very big that one or two will be located at or around the NWA airfield area. Personalyl I think this kinda sucks. It would be more fun If you could fisd one anywhere. And people at the airfield wouldnt have such an abundance of weapons and ammo. I remember long ago when I found a crashsite just outside cherno. So many people running for it, it was hilarious.

Wrong. If John gave Adam a cow John would be left with 4 and Adam would have 5.

Are Heli crash sites dynamic spawning now? The other day I looted a NATO crash site and as I left it disappeared right front of me, like loot and all. Another time I looted a crash site then logged to take a break; changed my mind like immediately about the break and rejoined the same server and the crash site was gone. I'm guessing since the crash sites can despawn I'm assuming it's respawning somewhere else?

Just been on a very strange (public ) server. Three crashsites in a row near Lopatino. All three sites had three intermingled helis - two NATO, one Russian, so nine in total. None of them had any loot.