Saylor Twift

Very tall mountain

So this morning while taking a shit I thought of a cool idea, what if we had a mountain that's twice THRICE  as big as the Skyrim mountain.

At the right time of the day when you go high enough you won't even see anything below you because everything below will be covered in fog.

Somewhere near the top is a heli pad that could spawn heli parts, On the top on the mountain is an astronomical observatory that also spawns some cool items and weapons, and the zombies are astronomers

There could also be  a devastated military camp of those who tried to settle there after the apocalypse but failed.

Edited by Saylor Twift

Seems to me like this is an interesting idea, but not for the main DayZ game. Eventually modding support will be added, feel free to create a map like this by then!

The Skyrim mountain = Pik Kozlova?

I suspect it would look weird and/or out of place compared to the rest of the terrain. It would also take up a very large amount of space. A mountain with a local relief three times that of Pik Kozlova and with a fairly steep 50% gradient would have a base taking up 5.8 square kilometers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

The Skyrim mountain = Pik Kozlova?

I suspect it would look weird and/or out of place compared to the rest of the terrain. It would also take up a very large amount of space. A mountain with a local relief three times that of Pik Kozlova and with a fairly steep 50% gradient would have a base taking up 5.8 square kilometers.

5.8 km squared sounds nice

Edited by Saylor Twift

8 hours ago, Saylor Twift said:

'snip'

5.8 K square is a massive mountain.. that wouldn't be a good thing in dayz imo.. not only does it take up a large amount of map space.. 

since the map is around 11 by 13.8 K in total.. where would you plant a mountain 1/4 the size of the map? where?!?
and why? a better option would be: a crater somewhere up north.. with mountain like terrain *like we already have up north*
and within that crater you build a military base or something else that's a special place to go for.

they talked about underground terrain a while back.
why not build an underground bunker structure in that crater.. with helicopter hangars 
with the rock formations of svetlojarsk around them. and 1 access road. (like green mountain has)

Edited by Tigermonk

Dean spoke about expanding the map with some mountains on the north, but Brian negated that later saying it's not possible with actual tech (which is a shame, imho).

the tech (enfusion, eden) has and will change(ed), though .. but I don't think Brian is interested in a map extension, it would make quick PvP even more complicated.