Nebulae3

Netting

Brian Hicks it`s almost impossible to find netting on a private server, because u can`t just server jump until u find a boat with netting, and that is a poor game mechanic to be an end game item.

And most experienced Dayzèrs know that netting and cammo is important to stay alive in most dangerous areas like the military bases.

Also about the map locations of boats is a bad design, because all new spawns start at the coast - so it will eventually end up creating conflicts between an old geared up character searching for netting vs new with almost no equipment

which can frustrate new players for sure.

I hope the dev. team looks into it in future 0.60 updates to change both locations in-land and netting should be more common item.

it took me 12-13 hours on a private server to find 4 nettings(on a single spawn) in 0.59

boats are dynamic so server hopping is not that useful..by the time you run 3 valley-berezino the 30' for the respawn will be passed, included drink/eat time. just keep trying. you cannot have a ghillie everytime..

yeah true, but very few have (12-13) hours searching for netting with family and kids..

And for majority of players don`t have that much sparetime - so it`s an item which is almost impossible for them to achieve for an end game item.

Netting also drop in random from (1-4) in quantity after the experimental branch testing of 0.59 - if u find 4 @Bludy then u was very lucky.

Edited by ori42

I really enjoyed this picture though so I will share it while we discuss netting in dayz Standalone, and my opinion is the same the item should be more common for all players.

Facts about netting: For a full ghillie set + weapon wrap (woodland) you need like 7 netting + 14 burlap bags + Green spraypaint(s). 

27xqxap.jpg

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

because u can`t just server jump until u find a boat with netting

You are saying it like it's right thing to do, shame on you.

Just now, Just Caused said:

You are saying it like it's right thing to do, shame on you.

Well, there are some guys who are duping, haxing, and glitching in this game which is in the category of cheating/exploiting..  And most players don`t travel the coast for (12-13) hours in search of netting. And server swithcing is not unsual on the public server hive, which is why I seldom play on the public servers. However, it`s easier to find netting on public branch which is why I compare and mention private hives vs public with server jumpers. 

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

Well, there are some guys who are duping, haxing, and glitching in this game which is in the category of cheating/exploiting..  And most players don`t travel the coast for (12-13) hours in search of netting. And server swithcing is not unsual on the public server hive, which is why I seldom play on the public servers. However, it`s easier to find netting on public branch which is why I compare and mention private hives vs public with server jumpers. 

i'm not completely sure..log out, scope for boats, run, check loot, spot next boat, they are usually a few minutes of sprinting one from the other, they could despawn anytime you aren't closer than 100m, they reset every 30 minutes..probably if you keep hopping, but it would be lame..it's not something you want to be easy and common, but considering how long it took to me, it could use some tweaking: 12h,  around 70 boats checked and only once i found 4 nettings..for hood and wrap. maybe raise it to 10% chance? but nothing more..it doesn't make sense to put is as a possible spawn other than in boats, which are useless if you take away netting. more dynamic spawns maybe in areas where there are some already, like summer camps with ponds or docks..

3 hours ago, ori42 said:

Brian Hicks it`s almost impossible to find netting on a private server, because u can`t just server jump until u find a boat with netting, and that is a poor game mechanic to be an end game item.

And most experienced Dayzèrs know that netting and cammo is important to stay alive in most dangerous areas like the military bases.

Also about the map locations of boats is a bad design, because all new spawns start at the coast - so it will eventually end up creating conflicts between an old geared up character searching for netting vs new with almost no equipment

which can frustrate new players for sure.

I hope the dev. team looks into it in future 0.60 updates to change both locations in-land and netting should be more common item.

TBH I don't even bother with netting anymore, in my opinion its not worth it, it takes too long to get and wearing a ghillie suit makes you a target.

Edited by GuyRandomMan
  • Like 1

It took me 2 hours to find 1 netting with switching servers on public to get that picture here with a weapon wrap on public. I know where the boats spawns or despawn on the map after 0.59 experiemental testing, and playing this game since it was out some years ago. And it`s faster to switch to an empty server and the boats are not looted u know compare to private full 50/50 servers like blue waffle for instance. 

It`s the same wiith heli crash sites on empty servers compare to full servers which more likely that the heli/boat is already looted, but is`t a good game mechanic? No, it`s not which is my point, and it`s almost the opposite - poor end game design.. And I don`t mind to open the netting access to more players - so all can enjoy and have some fun with netting.

Edited by ori42

-ahem-

6a00e54f95df92883401538de82df6970b-800wi

Also.......ghillie suits are an "endgame" item?

Laughing-Meme-Face-09.png

Asides from the fact that Ghillie suits don't fucking work,  they are far from an "end-game" item.

While I certainly think netting, in some shape or form, should be more common, your complaining about it is hilarious.

Yes, it`s part of an 'end-game' resource in crafting how to survive, lol..  

I am not certain, but here we go.. This is actually a discussion forum within suggestion topic that current netting design might be ignored by 95% of the total playerbase including live streamers due to fact

it`s not worth anyone time to search for it. 

How it`s implemented is really hilarious in my opinion - so it was worth a thread about it..

Edited by ori42

Ghillie is end game if your a bush jumper, and want to remain unseen. It just follows the same Dayz logic as all other loot. If you want to find it ya can't, and if your not looking for it you will run across it as a fresh spawn lol.

• Like 1