Sign in to follow this  
dajens

Weapon safety

Hey,

I have a idea that makes some things safer. A button at some weapons that you can change from automatic to (burst to) safety. Some people have that you aim at your friend and accidentally shoots. Now you can switch to your safety and can't shoot. You just hear a *click*, like your weapon is empty.

I love to hear some opinions of you. (I am sorry if this suggestion already has been suggested.)

-DaJenS

Edited by dajens
  • Like 1

The safety is between your ears.

• Like 2

Just make it no sound at all.  It would not click if the safety is on only if the firing pin strikes unloaded.  People would troll melee players into thinking their gun is empty and then just take safety off.

Edited by atomquark

That's a good idea. Then maybe a other sound than the *click*.

I think you already can switch firemodes on some weapons (M4, doublebarrel shotgun) with "T" i guess. But you can't see whats currently set, only by... firing.

Would be cool if you can see it on the position of the switch on the weapon.

11 hours ago, [Chriss] said:

I think you already can switch firemodes on some weapons (M4, doublebarrel shotgun) with "T" i guess. But you can't see whats currently set, only by... firing.

Would be cool if you can see it on the position of the switch on the weapon.

It wouldn't hurt, but on some weapons like the double-barrel you mention or B95, there is no selector, or in other cases the selector is on a part of the weapon that is hidden from the player's view. They already give us zeroing and weapon information top right, I don't see why not fire mode as well.