Sign in to follow this  
emuthreat

Experiental Wrecking Crew

So there are a couple things that I want to test when .60 drops, that I cannot do by myself between hotfix wipes.  At this point, I know about a half-dozen people that will probably be shoe-ins, and a few others that I can probably bribe into helping out in return for untold riches once we go stable.

What I am looking for is a group of people (preferably three groups working autonomously towards the same goal) who can collect and rally vehicles at dropsites, and coordinate to hoard a specific type of item and see how badly it affects server performance.

You must know the map like the back of your hand, be proficient at sourcing/recovering vehicles, be able to ensure your own optimal health, defend yourself as best as you can, and have enough time available to run missions lasting around six hours.

Anyone interested in finding a major flaw in this next build before it goes to stable is welcome to comment here and let me know what your skillset and intentions are.  There is a possibility of this group becoming a full-scale hi-pop invasion force once .60 goes stable.  Bring your best.

Edit: I realize that this might be similar to a recruiting thread, but have decided to put it in general,because I am not necessarily recruiting for a clan, server, or partner, but rather trying to organize a group of players to actively test a specific thing on experimental when it comes.

Edited by emuthreat
recruiting?
  • Like 2

I am like Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris combined when it comes to fighting in DayZ..

I can survive better than Les Stroud and Bear Grylls...

I can obtain faster and drive a vehicle better than Paul Walker and Vin Diesel... and Nicholas Cage

But unfortunately I have an ongoing previous dedication to collecting flowers, and pink rain coats.

Best of luck,

Irishjake

There are no flowers to collect in Dayz. Nice try.

And thanks for starting off the responses in the right direction. :P  My bad for trying to use this time to organize a legitimate testing attempt....

Waiting for the day that F4 and F7 will both work at the same time, @lrishjake AKA:(L)rishjake

Edited by emuthreat

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

There are no flowers to collect in Dayz.

Are you telling me I've been wasting my time...  ?!  

o.O

17 hours ago, emuthreat said:

and coordinate to hoard a specific type of item and see how badly it affects server performance

Finally!  A mission that falls directly into my range of expertise!    Count me in.

Q5WegPK.jpg

21 hours ago, lrishjake said:

Are you telling me I've been wasting my time...  ?!  

o.O

Optimistically, I think you will be quite well-practiced once flowers are added to the game.  

12 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Finally!  A mission that falls directly into my range of expertise!    Count me in.

Hidden Content

Thanks for the help.  I'll try to rustle-up some condiments; nobody likes a dry wiener...

• Like 1

If it involves the phrase "for science" then count me in as well.

13 minutes ago, IMT said:

If it involves the phrase "for science" then count me in as well.

Absolutely. For Science!!!

This is a logistics mission with a goal of collecting as many vehicles as quickly as possible, and then establishing a supply chain for the purpose of stockpiling specific items until the target is met; at which point we will attempt to crash the server, by removing the items from storage simultaneously, and placing them on the ground.

I wanna make sure that .60 vehicles and basebuilding don't have as big of problems when pushed to stable, as they did last time around.   Feel free to try and enlist anyone you know who has the aptitude and motivation.

I am currently in the process of interviewing people with whom I have never played before.  Interviews consist of going to a random server and getting a vehicle working, establishing a base, and filling it up with a random list of items.  It should generally take less than 3 hours with two or more people, unless the vehicle spawns are all pushed north on that server.
(I don't scout for vehicles first, and I do not know if the experimental .60 vehicles will have the same initial spawn distribution, and respawn progression as we saw with .59,)

@emuthreat  Not trying to rain on your parade or anything bro, because I think its absolutely AWESOME that you are trying to help out the devs and push this game. But I THINK what you are planning on doing is something the devs can easily test themselves with their dev tools in a short period of time. Perhaps the time would be better spent if you contact the Devs to find out some of the things they can't easily test in the internal build?

Just a thought. Best of luck to you!

10 minutes ago, GunRunner said:

@emuthreat  Not trying to rain on your parade or anything bro, because I think its absolutely AWESOME that you are trying to help out the devs and push this game. But I THINK what you are planning on doing is something the devs can easily test themselves with their dev tools in a short period of time. Perhaps the time would be better spent if you contact the Devs to find out some of the things they can't easily test in the internal build?

There may be some truth to that but there's a handful of us who have a lot of fun coordinating, discovering new mechanics and trying to push the limits of the new build.  It's a loose group but we tend to give a lot of feedback, both on the tracker and on the forums here.   Does anything of great importance come from it?  Who knows?  But on a bad day we still have fun and on a good day we might crash a server :)  No harm, no foul.

17 hours ago, GunRunner said:

That might be true.  Still, I had a blast last experimental collecting a bunch of vehicles and watching all of the bad things that happened when two vehicles were in close proximity.  We were issuing bug reports daily by the handful, and a number of those issues continued on through stable.  I don't think there is any shortage of bugs that need to be found and described by players; and I expect this experimental to be as buggy as any before it.

Also, it doesn't seem to work, what you mentioned about forwarding possible bugs to the devs for easier testing.  I submitted a few very detailed reports with links to video documentation last time around, and I'm still not sure if a couple of them were ever acknowledged.  Hence my goal of trying to bring down an experimental server over it. That will get noticed.