Sign in to follow this  
cornflakesx

Any idea when the patch will come?

1 minute ago, sneakydude said:

Oh yeah, that new ui sucked for me too. I had to return back to the old one months ago. The prototype would not click links right, off to the god knows where location. It was a mess for me to use. Haven't tried it since either.

It has a bit of a learning curve but once you're used to it, it isn't all bad. Specially for me because it's such huge performance difference.

People keep saying it's such a buff. On my Athlon X4 x64 and R7 260X would it give me a significant boost? I have 16 GB of RAM and a SSD but I read somewhere DayZ is capped at 2GB of Ram. I could give it 12 and not bat an eye lol. I bought 16 GB of ram with the hopes games would use it - load EVERYTHING INTO RAM (super fast load, etc) Textures obviously into VRAM (2GB) and that would be ideal.. Like if I could just copy the 10 GB on my hard-drive to my ram and give'er that'd be nice. XD

Edited by Arduras

Currently it is best to keep using the old UI. The new one was a placeholder, a programmers view.  So i recommend sticking to the old one arduras, if that's what your asking.

• Like 1

Thanks bud. Just twiddling my thumbs and getting shit done with life today I guess. Waiting for the update~

• Like 1

I haven't played in over a month, I know Emu can confirm that. Looking forward to exp again. I use the new UI for the most part because of the fps gain, but I'm one of the lucky few that gets decent frames in cities. Just hoping the lag spikes are gone (like when another players bubble crosses yours, and also vehicle lag) for some semblance of realism. My toon is parked outside of Cherno ready to donate a full kit before the glorious wipe for .60

2 hours ago, Arduras said:

People keep saying it's such a buff. On my Athlon X4 x64 and R7 260X would it give me a significant boost? I have 16 GB of RAM and a SSD but I read somewhere DayZ is capped at 2GB of Ram. I could give it 12 and not bat an eye lol. I bought 16 GB of ram with the hopes games would use it - load EVERYTHING INTO RAM (super fast load, etc) Textures obviously into VRAM (2GB) and that would be ideal.. Like if I could just copy the 10 GB on my hard-drive to my ram and give'er that'd be nice. XD

I have an AMD FX-8320E, a MSI R9 380 Gaming 4 GB and 8 GB of RAM, for me it was an huge improvement compared to the old UI.

And about the RAM, most games are developed for 32-bit which means the maximum allocated memory will be 2 GB. Even if you have 16 GB it will only use 2 GB. And you can use your RAM for harddisk space.

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

I haven't played in over a month, I know Emu can confirm that. Looking forward to exp again. I use the new UI for the most part because of the fps gain, but I'm one of the lucky few that gets decent frames in cities. Just hoping the lag spikes are gone (like when another players bubble crosses yours, and also vehicle lag) for some semblance of realism. My toon is parked outside of Cherno ready to donate a full kit before the glorious wipe for .60

I'm sort of back from a break as well. Last time I was really active was at the end of the summer, I think. I really look forward to playing on the Experimental branch again!

• Like 2

On 3/17/2016 at 10:52 AM, Arduras said:

Thanks bud. Just twiddling my thumbs and getting shit done with life today I guess. Waiting for the update~

2 weeks of moving my office, retail store to storage pretty much thrown in 20 foot long :( then back to the house where i have a 26 foot den i turned into my office.... i r getting shit done too :(

^YUP^  Good time to get IRL shtuff going while waiting for patch.  Time to start planting.  I got bit by a mosquito the other day; now I'm hoping for a week or two of sunny and warm weather so I can get stuff prepped or planted, and then another good freeze at the start of April to knock them back down for a few weeks.

11 hours ago, emuthreat said:

^YUP^  Good time to get IRL shtuff going while waiting for patch.  Time to start planting.  I got bit by a mosquito the other day; now I'm hoping for a week or two of sunny and warm weather so I can get stuff prepped or planted, and then another good freeze at the start of April to knock them back down for a few weeks.

YES!!! you said it, i have never seen mosquito s at the beginning of march before ever in my 46 year life. What gives? I know we had tons of good weather in Canada, but the US get them too?

I blame Obama.  He's obviously conspiring with El Nino to give us all Zika Virus, so that Trump's tiny hands will be capable of grasping our children's noggins with the utmost ease.  I'm afraid that not even the 54th parallel can protect you anymore.

18 hours ago, sneakydude said:

YES!!! you said it, i have never seen mosquito s at the beginning of march before ever in my 46 year life. What gives? I know we had tons of good weather in Canada, but the US get them too?

They are not mosquitoes they are CRISPR-modified Experimental Small Flying Creatures (ESFCs)
we scatter a few out for mass immunity induction and weaponized viral pathogen deployment tests  
                                                                                                                                                      :)

xx p

Edited by pilgrim*