Sign in to follow this  
idie

Write the blood type on blood bag

Hi guys,

All is in the title,

It would be cool if we could write with a pen the bloodtype directly onto a bloodbag.

Didn't find someone talking about this on the forum but maybe the devZ are already thinking about it.

389px-Blood_Bag_IV.png?version=a5f6a8a27

• Like 2

*uses blood bag kit*

Your blood type is AB

*Grabs Pen; Writes O-*

*Drops blood bag in Hospital*

Mission Accomplished.

• Like 1

That's the idea Zimorak ahahah

Well if you are stashing your bloodbag into a barrel or something else for your own use, maybe a fridge in a near future xD

you can use a code that only you will understand, so if someone find your stash and take your blood, he gonna die ^^

A code like:

A+=O+
A-=B+
B+=O-
etc...

^^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DemonGroover said:

Oh God, the number of times i have forgotten what blood type i am!

No worries! When in doubt....Well, just guess..i guess?

The best part is when you switch bloodbags with a friend (because he needs to transfuse you and vice versa) and you forget which one was your bag in the inventory ^^ So potentially you give him back his own and so forth. I always have to remember putting them on the ground or adding the needle to only one bloodpack for distinction. My friend suggested that writing on them would be great and I forgot about it, until you posted it; good point!

It would also be interesting, if we could use blood-bags in other ways, e.g. to lure infected/predators with a trace of blood, or if we could tie several blood bags to an explosive and create a "blood bomb", e.g. to tag enemies and make infected go wild + after them. Animationwise it would be cool, if we would actually administer the pack, i.e. putting in the needle, holding up the bloodbag and emptying it. This should not take longer than now, but be animated properly. 

Edited by S3V3N

1 hour ago, S3V3N said:

Animationwise it would be cool, if we would actually administer the pack, i.e. putting in the needle, holding up the bloodbag and emptying it. This should not take longer than now, but be animated properly. 

i'm afraid this won't come, because this would require the bloodbag to have movable parts, and afaik, no normal item has real movable parts (although i don't exactly know how it realized for barrels), propably for performance reasons or engine limitations

20 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

i'm afraid this won't come, because this would require the bloodbag to have movable parts, and afaik, no normal item has real movable parts (although i don't exactly know how it realized for barrels), propably for performance reasons or engine limitations

It doesn't have to be super-accurate like that. It's just that the current animation is the generic "cafting" animation. If we would kneel and simply have a couple of stages to the blood-transfusion animation, it would be sufficient. You would kneel, you would unravel the part with the needle and motion administering the pack. It's not a big deal and it will be convincing enough, if the last step is holding up the bloodbag to let it go empty; no rigged parts are needed for animating that.

Character animations will probably be a focus after the new character controller is introduced. It makes little sense to use new animations now, but I'm sure we'll see something like that and a lot of new anims in the future.